Pro and Con 1516
God dressed a cuckoo beautifully
Incoming e-mail, Re: What next?
Hope you and Ed are well. I have been following your site since early 1998 and have truly been amazed at all of your hard work. God has blessed me tremendously through you. This season sure does seem to point strongly to the rapture, and time will soon tell.
My question is this. If this year passes with no return of Christ, rapture, or tribulation, does this give any merit in your mind that we all have perhaps misread the times. In other words, it seems that all of the "Watchers" out there (including me) seem to put a heavy emphasis on the Fig Tree Parable. If we are misunderstanding the fulfillment of that parable, would that not throw off the entire end times clock?
I still cannot think of any other possible fulfillment of the Fig Tree Parable than the six day war in 1967, however the future has yet to be written. There has historically always been a group of "watchers" waiting for His immanent return dating from the very first century to today. All of whom, unfortunately got it wrong.
I thought I read somewhere that the fig tree could be represented as Israel or Jerusalem. If Jesus was talking specifically about Jerusalem, would this change things? Jerusalem has not "brought forth leaves" in the same dramatic way that Israel did in 67. And can we even say definitively that Jerusalem is controlled by the Jews? We know the temple mount is not. Just curious what your thoughts are on this as I know you are a woman of much wisdom.
Praying for our Blessed Hope soon! YBIC
Sorry to be so long in answering. Thanks much for your kind words.
Ed can hardly walk. Parkinson's sure took the starch out of him. I'm fighting muscle spasms. My Diabetes is out of control. I have to up my medication. Otherwise, we are ok.
I still think the Fig Tree is Israel. Joel 1:6,7 (KJV) says, "For a nation is come up upon MY LAND, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion. He hath laid my vine waste, and barked MY FIG TREE: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white."
Mt 24:32-34 (LITV) says, "But learn the parable of the fig tree: When its branch (klados, scion broken off for grafting, i.e., modern Israel grafted into he old rootstock) becomes tender (apalos, young, i.e., no more than 19, which Israel was in 1967) and it puts out leaves (Sinai, West Bank, Gaza Strip, Golan Heights), you know that the summer is near (the Six-Day War started June 5; summer started June 21); so also you, when you see all these things, know that it (the Kingdom of God; Luke 21:31) is NEAR AT THE DOORS. Truly I say to you, In no way will this generation pass away until all these things have occurred."
Luke 21:29-32 (LITV) says, "And He spoke a parable to them: You see the fig tree and all the trees. Now when they sprout leaves, seeing it, you will know from yourselves that now the summer is near. So also when you see these things happening, you know that the KINGDOM OF GOD is near. Truly I say to you, In no way will this generation pass away until all these things shall occur."
A generation is 48.33 years (Mt. 1:17), and 1967 + 48.33 = 2015.33. I can't see how the Kingdom of God can be farther away than the Feast of Trumpets, Tishri 1, 5776 (Sept. 14, 2015). If I remember right, the Six-Day War was Iyar 5. Adding 4 months (Sivan, Tamuz, Av and Elul) brings us to Tishri 1.
We have two interesting dates coming up. The Rapture is as the days of Noah. Noah went into the Ark on Cheshvan 17, and it began to rain. Forty days later, the Ark floated free of the ground, and it stopped raining.
Cheshvan 17 is Nov. 4, 2009. Going by when the Moon was sighted on Sept. 20, 2009, the true date could be Nov. 6.
I went to:
"From date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
"Added 40 days
"Resulting date: Monday, December 14, 2009"
Therefore, counting Nov. 4, as in Jewish Inclusive Reckoning, the 40 days would end on Dec. 13, my birthday. Do you suppose we could be born into a new world on the day I was born into this world? Our son was born on April 6, date of the Crucifixion in 30 AD. Our daughter was born on May 29, date of Pentecost in 30 AD.
However, Dec. 13 will be Kislev 26, the 2nd day of Hanukkah. Maybe the Ark lifted off of the ground on what became the first day of Hanukkah, Kislev 25. That was the day they lit the lampstand with oil that was supposed to be only enough for one day, but it lasted 8 days. Having enough oil ties in with the wise virgins. Maybe the Rapture will be on 12/12, or on the midnight of Dec. 12/13. We will have to wait and see.
Note: Maybe we are the Olive Harvest. It ends on Hanukkah, and it takes 8 days to process new oil for the lamps. Maybe that is why the wise virgins could not afford to part with any of the oil they had. It would be 8 days before the foolish virgins could buy fresh oil for their lamps. We need to have the oil of the Holy Spirit ahead of time.
> > Praying for our Blessed Hope soon!
I sure hope it is soon, like Cheshvan 17. I haven't been able to catch up on all my bills for this month. Agape
Incoming e-mail, Re: Does Matthew 24 refer to the Rapture or the Day of the Lord?
I have been searching for a answer but I guess I'm not really understanding
The Joy of the Lord is my strength NEH.8:10
> > Does Matthew 24 refer to the Rapture or the Day of the Lord?
Mt 24:3 (LITV) says, "And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when will these things be? And, What is THE SIGN OF YOUR COMING and of THE END OF THE AGE?" Therefore, we should expect to find information about THE SIGN and THE END OF THE AGE, and the Age ends on the DAY OF THE LORD.
Mt 24:13 says, "But the one who endures to THE END, that one will be kept safe." This end is the end of the Age, which is the Day of the Lord. Just before the asteroids of Rev. 8:8-11 impact Earth, the Last-Trump Rapture of I Cor. 15:51,52 will take place.
1Cor 15:51-53says, "Behold, I speak a mystery to you: we shall not all fall asleep, but WE (the entire Body of Christ, including Paul) SHALL ALL BE CHANGED. In a moment, in a glance of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMPET (i.e., the second trump of God, not the judgment trumpet sounded by the 7th angel); for a trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED. For this corruptible must put on incorruption (put on when raised from the dead), and this mortal must put on immortality" (put on at the Last-Trump Rapture on the Day of the Lord).
1Cor 15:42 says, "the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption."
The First-Trump Rapture of I Thess. 4:16,17 is the Pre-Trib Rapture. The Last-Trump Rapture of I Cor. 15:51,52 is the Pre-Wrath Rapture on the Day of the Lord that is also the Day of God's Wrath.
1Th 4:16,17 says, "Because the Lord Himself shall come down from Heaven with a commanding shout of an archangel's voice, and with GOD'S TRUMPET. And the dead in Christ will rise again first. Then we who remain alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to a meeting with the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord."
As background, here is the sequence of coming events.
The Pre-Trib Rapture
The beginning of the 7-year Tribulation
1260 days during which God's 2 witnesses prophesy and the 1st beast of Rev. 13 is in power
Mid-Trib, the False Prophet, 2nd beast of Rev. 13, comes to power and kills the 2 witnesses
The 2 witnesses are resurrected 3.5 days later and ascend to Heaven
7000 die in an earthquake at Jerusalem
Last half of the Tribulation is to be shortened
At the end, THE SIGN of the Son of Man will be seen in the sky
The Pre-Wrath Rapture will begin the Day of God's Wrath
The Wrath falls on Earth on the Day of the Lord that is the End of this Age.
Rev 6:17 says, "the great day of His wrath has come; and who is able to stand?" Then Rev. 7:14 shows the saints that have been caught up to Heaven. After that, in Rev. 8, the 7 trumpets of judgment are given to the 7 angels.
Let's pick up the story Jesus told in Mt. 24 at verse 14.
(14) "And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the earth for a testimony to all the nations, and then (Mid-Trib) will come THE END" (the last half of the Tribulation).
(15) "Then (Mid-Trib) when you see the abomination of desolation (an idol), which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (the one reading, let him understand), Dan. 11:31; 12:11 "
(16) "then (Mid-Trib) let those in Judea flee into the mountains (many will flee to Petra);
(17) "the one on the housetop, let him not go down to take anything out of his house;"
(18) "and the one in the field, let him not turn back to take his garment."
(19) "But woe to the ones having a child in womb, and to those suckling in those days!"
(20) "And pray that your flight will not occur in winter nor in a sabbath."
(21) "For there will be great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be."
(22) "And except those days were shortened, not any flesh would be saved. But on account of the elect, those days (the last half of the Tribulation) will be shortened."
(23) "Then if anyone says to you, Behold, here is the Christ! Or, Here! Do not believe."
(24) "For false christs and false prophets will rise up. And they will give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."
(25) "Behold, I tell you beforehand."
(26) "Then if they say to you, Behold, He is in the wilderness; do not go out. Behold, He is in the inner rooms; do not believe."
(27) "For as the lightning comes forth from the east and shines as far as the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man."
(28) "For wherever the dead body (the Body of Christ) may be (they are in Heaven, having been caught up to Heaven in the Pre-Trib Rapture), there the eagles (the high flying Tribulation saints) will be gathered."
(Ex 19:4 explains, "I bore you on wings of eagles and brought you to Me.")
(29) "And immediately after the affliction of those days the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give her light, and the stars will fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken (this will happen on the Day of God's Wrath, which is the great and terrible DAY OF THE LORD)."
(30) "And then THE SIGN OF THE SON OF MAN will appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the land will wail. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and much glory. Dan. 7:13 "
(Dan. 7:13,14 explains what will happen on THE DAY OF THE LORD. It says, "I was looking in the night visions. And behold! One like the Son of Man (i.e., Jesus) came with the clouds of the heavens. And He came to the Ancient of Days. And they brought Him near before Him. And DOMINION WAS GIVEN TO HIM, AND GLORY, AND A KINGDOM, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.")
(Continuing in Mt. 24:31) "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet (the trumpet of God), and they will gather His elect (i.e., the Bride of Christ that was caught up to Heaven in the Pre-Trib Rapture) from the four winds, from the ends of the HEAVENS to their ends" (this doesn't mention any being caught up from the Earth, but Mark 13:27 shows that the Pre-Wrath Rapture happens at this time. It says, "And then He will send His angels and will gather His elect from the four winds, from the end of EARTH to the end of heaven").
THE SIGN OF HIS COMING, THE SIX-DAY WAR OF 1967
(32) "But learn the parable of the fig tree (Israel): When its branch (klados, scion broken off for grafting, i.e., modern Israel grafted into her old rootstock) becomes tender (apalos, young, i.e., no more than 19, as Israel was in 1967) and it puts out leaves (Gaza Strip, Sinai, West Bank, Golan Heights), you know that the summer is near" (the Six-Day War started June 5; summer started June 21);
(33) "so also you, when you see all these things, know that it (the Kingdom of God, Luke 21:31) is near at the doors" (symbol of the two Raptures, Rev. 3:8).
(34) "Truly I say to you, In no way will this generation pass away until all these things have occurred." (In Mt. 1:17, a generation is 48.33 years; 1967 + 48.33 = 2015.33, i.e., maybe at the Feast of Trumpets, Sept. 14, 2015.)
(35) "The heaven and the earth will pass away, but My Words will not pass away, never! "
(36) "But as to that day and that hour, no one knows (present tense, no one knew on that day), neither the angels of Heaven, except My Father only."
(37) "But as the days of Noah, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man." (Noah was closed into the Ark on Cheshvan 17, and the Ark floated free of the ground by the 40th day, see Gen. 7:11,12. Cheshvan 17, Nov. 4, 2009, plus 40 days, counted by Inclusive Reckoning, will end on the 2nd day of Hanukkah, Dec. 13, 2009, my birthday. Maybe the Pre-Trib Rapture of the wise virgins will take place on Cheshvan 17, Nov. 4, or Kislev 25, Dec. 12, 2009, or maybe midnight of Dec. 12/13.)
(38) "For as they were in the days before the flood: eating, and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah went into the ark" (Cheshvan 17).
(39) "And they did not know until the flood came and took all away. So also will be the coming of the Son of Man."
(40) "At that time (time of the Pre-Trib Rapture) two will be out in the field; the one is taken away, and the one is left;"
(41) "two grinding at the mill; one is taken away, andone is left."
(42) "Watch, then, for you do not know in what hour your Lord comes."
(43) "But know this, that if the housemaster had known in what watch the thief comes, he would have watched and not have allowed his house to be dug through."
(44) "Because of this, you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes."
(45) "Who then is the faithful and wise servant whom his Lord has set over His household, to give to them the food in season?"
(46) "Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find so doing when He comes."
(47) "Truly I say to you, He will set him over all His substance."
(48) "But if that wicked slave says in his heart, My Lord delays to come,"
(49) "and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and to drink with the ones drinking,"
(50) "the Lord of that slave will come in a day in which he does not expect and in an hour which he does not know,"
(51) "and will cut him in two (i.e., cut him off), and will appoint his portion (the shortened Tribulation) with the hypocrites (pretenders). There will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth."
This ties in with Luke 12:46. It says, "the Lord of that slave (i.e., the foolish virgins) will come in the day in which he does not expect, and in an hour which he does not know. And He will cut him apart (lit., cut him off) and will put his portion (i.e., the shortened Tribulation) with the unbelievers."
It also ties in with Mt. 22:10-14. We must have white wedding garments. It says, "And going out into the highways, those slaves gathered all, as many as they found, both evil and good. And the wedding feast was filled with reclining guests. And the king coming in to look over those reclining, he saw a man there not having been dressed in a wedding garment. And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here, not having a wedding garment? But he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, Binding his feet and hands, take him away and throw him out into the outer darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of the teeth. For many are called, but few chosen."
TO BE CHOSEN, WE MUST BE CALLED, ELECT, AND FAITHFUL
It also ties in with Rev. 17:14. It says, "He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and the ones with Him are the called and elect and faithful ones." Agape
Incoming e-mail, Re: looking forward to Jesus return
Thanks for your blog site, really appreciate it.
I have a question regarding the generation time. It says in Psalms that man would live three score (60 years) plus 10 = 70 years - wouldnt this be a generation? From 1947-48 Jews regaining their land to 2017 Jesus second coming is 70 years. I see 1967 falling on a Jubilee year (every 50 years). The Balfour declaration was 1917 - 1967 = 50 years. 1967 Jews getting back Jerusalem to 2017 = 50 years. The first month of the year being Tisheri = September, this year 2009, it is now 2010 or 5770 already in Israel.
What do you think? Blessings
The word generation is defined by Webster's Dictionary as the period of time (about 30 years) between the birth of one generation and the birth of another.
The Bible defines a generation as 40 in some places when talking about the 40 years Israel spent in the desert while one generation died off.
Going by Mt. 1:17, a generation is 48.33 years. In the LITV, it says, "So all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations, and from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon until the Christ, fourteen generations."
4032 years divided by 42 equals 48.33 years.
The fig tree parable of Mt. 24:32-34 says, "But learn the parable of the fig tree (Israel): When its branch (klados, scion broken off for grafting, i.e., modern Israel) becomes tender (apalos, young, i.e., no more than 19 years old) and it puts out leaves (Sinai, West Bank, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights in the Six-Day War of 1967), you know that the summer is near (that war started June 5 and summer began June 21); so also you, when you see all these things, know that it (the Kingdom of God, Luke 21:31) is near at the doors (Rapture symbol, Rev. 3:8). Truly I say to you, In no way will this generation pass away until all these things have occurred."
1j967 + 48.33 = 2015.33. That will be the Jewish 5776.
5775 is a sabbatic year. It divides by 7 evenly. Thus 5776 could be a Jubilee Year. It seems to me that Jesus will return at the Second Advent as the Jubilee Year begina on Nisan 1, 5776 (April 9, 2016).
Eze. 39:12,13 shows that there are 7 months between the Day of God's Wrath (probably the Feast of Trumpets in 5776, Sept. 14, 2015) and the Second Advent.on the following Nisan 1.
2015 - 7 = 2008. The last half of the Tribulation is to be shortened (Mt. 24:22), so 2009 sounds like it will be the year of the Pre-Trib Rapture. I'm hoping for Cheshvan 17, the day Noah entered the Ark and the Lord closed the DOOR, symbol of the Rapture.
On the Jewish Calendar, Cheshvan 17 will be Nov. 4, 2009. That date could be Nov. 6, because the new Crescent Moon of last Tishri 1 was sighted on Sept. 20, 2009. Thus, the true date of Tishri 1 would have been Sept. 21 instead of Sept. 19, as on the Jewish Calendar. Agape
"To get Anstey's Romance of Bible Chronology complete work free download for personal use to go www.amen.org.uk/eh/biblical/anstey/
I saved a file on Biblical Chronology, by Boris Dobra, to my desktop sometime in the past, and exasperating as usual, it didn't record the exact URL. I consider that a programer's flaw. To me, saving a document from the Internet should include the URL.
The quote below is written by Boris Dobra, AU. Good News Unlimited (http://www.goodnewsunlimited.org.au/) seems to be his web site, but it must be under construction.
Boris Dobra said, "I trust these articles would be used through the internet for the purpose of gathering Christian fellowship and for the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus. If required one may insert their new address where the gathering is held and delete Good News address or have both addresses there. Permission is granted to translate these articles in other languages.
Charts For Download
Chronology Including Dates Chart [Excel Spreadsheet - 52.5 KB]
To get the full view it needs to be reduced by clicking on to 75% reduction in the view options. Then it can be scrolled left or right horizontally with a full view of the chart.
Old Testament Chronology Chart [Excel Spreadsheet - 19.5 KB]
Old Testament Chronology Part One [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 7.55 MB]
Old Testament Chronology Part Two [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 3.82 MB]
Old Testament Chronology Part Three [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 10.4 MB]
Old Testament Chronology Part Four [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 8.24 MB]
In the original, those are links, but clicking them now brings up an error message.
However, I consider this to be correct Bible chronology hinging on Dan. 9:25f (483 years - 457 BC + 1 = 27 AD), and that is what Boris Dobra teaches.
To me, 27 AD was the first Passover of Jesus ministry, when the Temple had been 46 years in building (John 2:20). It was the Sabbatic Year (3787 divides by 7 equally) that proceeded the Jubilee Year, 28 AD. On the Day of Atonement, Tishri 10, in 27 AD, Jesus read Isa. 61:1,2 in the synagogue in Nazareth to introduce the Jubilee, which started the following Nisan 1. See Luke 4:16-21. The Bible tells us that it was near Jesus' birthday, which was Tishri 1.
I found this interesting. Boris Dobra said, "We discovered through the work of Martin Anstey and Philip Mauro's chronology. They used the original unadulterated Masoretic text, because of this all the line of years could be connected from Genesis to the decree of Cyrus at 3,589 an-hom years which came to the true conversion of 457 BC. ...
"As one carefully examines the 170 page summary of these men Anstey, Mauro and Moxon' research, one will be convinced of genius level of work done in the area of Old Testament Chronology. Their work stands head and shoulders above every other chronology done for the pegging of BC years. Because it is based entirely on the Old Testament records....
"We have included a certain portion of Martin Anstey's work "The Romance of Bible Chronology". To get Anstey's Romance of Bible Chronology complete work free download for personal use to go
SAMPLE OF ANSTEY'S CHART (parenthetic portions mine)
4042 B.C. 1 ; and AN. HOM. 1 = B.C. 4042.
4043 A.D. 1. The Christian Era....
(4046 AH = BC 5 Birth of Christ)
(4072 AH = 30 AD Crucifixion)
And we also suggest to read The Wonders of Bible Chronology by Philip Mauro copyrights to S E Roberts Publishers, 14 Clerkenwell Green, London. E.C. 1, England 1933....
"In 1923, Martin Anstey embarked upon his monumental work, mathematically calculating that the years from the creation of Adam to the decree of Cyrus, was 3,589 years. This was based on the genealogy of the human race, the An-Hom years of the Bible using the Masoretic text. His work is entitled "The Romance of Bible Chronology" has some 300 pages of very precise and detailed analysis plus 187 pages of charts of these years....
My reply to a post on the Five Doves site, Re: Jovial: "When does the Jubilee Year begin?"
> > Lev 25:8-10 says this....
> > 8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and there shall be unto thee the days of seven sabbaths of years, even forty and nine years.
> > 9 Then shalt thou make proclamation with the blast of the horn on the tenth day of the seventh month; in the day of atonement shall ye make proclamation with the horn throughout all your land.
> > 10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout the land unto all the inhabitants thereof; it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
> > This is telling us that the "year" is counted / proclaimed 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....49,50 from Yom Kippur to Yom Kippur.
I take it differently. To me, the 49th, 50th and 51st years all started on the same calendar date, Nisan 1. Tishri was the "seventh month" of any year.
..."even forty and nine years. 9 Then (i.e., in the 49th year) shalt thou make proclamation with the blast of the horn on the tenth day of the SEVENTH MONTH" (the 7th month of the 12-month year 49, which would not expire until the following Nisan 1 started the 50th year). The 50th year could not begin until the 49th year expired.
In the "seventh month" of the 49th year, on Tishri 10, the Day of Atonement, the announcement was made that the upcoming 50th year would be the Jubilee Year. Plans needed to me made. The 50th year would not have started until the following Nisan 1. The 7th month of the Jubilee Year would still be Tishri, just as it was in the 49th year and would be in the 51st year. Agape
Pro and Con 1517 Or Return
Contact me for more information at: email@example.com
8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (951) 653-4110
© 1996-2009, Marilyn J. Agee; Updated 10-20-09