Pro and Con 139, Uploaded 6-27-98

Incoming Email

Last Sunday morning waiting for our seniors SS class to start, the unusually hot weather was mentioned. The lady sitting next to me said, "All these over 100 degree days already, and Spring just ended a few minutes after 9 this morning!" I had been aware of that, but when she voiced it I almost lost my composure. Another disappointment.... "Oh, I long to see Him, Look upon His face, There to sing forever His amazing grace, On the streets of Glory, Let me lift my voice, Cares all past, Home at last, Ever to rejoice!" Surely "The Sweet By & By" is about to change to "Glory, Glory, How the Angels Sing" & "Blessing, & Glory & Honor to the King of Kings", our loving Bridegroom. I can hardly wait. "He's Coming SOON!"

Changing the subject... How long have you had your Web Site? How long after your first posting was it before you got a response? Just curious.

I, too, thank you for the many hours you've put into Bible study & the "Prophecy Corner". The LORD has used you to quicken my spiritual sensitivities. I don't think I love Jesus more, but I'm so much more aware of His presence and love in my life moment by moment. I think I already wrote you about how the insights I've gained from your books and "Prophecy Corner" has been enriched my life and the Scriptures seem so much more Ćalive'.

Thanks. In His peace, joy & love, MARANATHA!

My reply

Sure. We were all disappointed, but there is a good reason. I know the Lord does things at the very best times. I trust his judgment. I don't even want it at the time I think most likely if that is not the very best time. I trust Him completely.

I'm glad my work for the Lord has had enriched your life.

Your FAX about the backdated version of my Web site is probably the copy that is on your cache on your own computer. When my site is busy beyond the number of hits the server can handle at once, your browser probably throws the old one on screen, doing the best it can. When you do get in and see the last Pro and Con, #138, listed, hit Reload/Refresh. It will then put a new version in the cache. That won't show you any updates until you get a new connection, but it won't show you a version that is over two months old, either. No one else has emailed about this problem.

I think I got my Web Page up in October, 1996. We signed up Sept. 29. I couldn't get email when I tried to use Microsoft Explorer. Server Tech rep called on Thanksgiving Day to tell me that Microsoft had left something off the mail program. I had to take off Explorer and put on Netscape to get email. And that with a faulty disk drive to fight with. In all the chaos of learning HTML, writing the page and trying to get email, I just can't remember when the first email came in.

Incoming Email

Marilyn, you write:
> > You sound like a Laodicean. "WE ARE RIGHTEOUS NOW."

> I sound like a Laodicean ? You miss the point totally. I simply speak the
> written word of God. Am I guilty because I believe what GOD said He
> accomplished for me? I believe in what God has accomplished for us in
> Christ. Marilyn, your philosophy is far from the accuracy of God's word
> sister. Have you forgotten what God has accomplished for you in His Son ?

***From Marilyn: No. I haven't forgotten. We can't work for Salvation, but we can work for rewards. You and I are talking about apples and oranges.

The apples = Salvation. Believers are saved by grace, not by works. We have Christ's righteousness imputed to us. We are sealed until the day of redemption. We will go to Heaven. We are part of the Body of Christ. God "hath given unto us the EARNEST of the Spirit" (II Cor. 5:5). After "that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the EARNEST of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession" (Eph. 1:13,14). "God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the EARNEST of the Spirit in our hearts" (II Cor. 1:21,22). Earnest is "arrhabon," a pledge, i.e., part of the purchase price given in advance as security for the rest. We can't lose this sealing.

When we accept Christ, he baptizes us with his Holy Spirit. It is as if he dips our vessel in the living water and brings us up full. We are at that point wise virgins, pure and undefiled. We are purged from our "OLD SINS" (II Pet. 1:9). We are filled with his Holy Spirit.

The oranges = Rewards. Paul was saved. He could not lose his salvation, yet he could be a "castaway." In I Cor. 9:24f, he says, "KNOW YE NOT that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth THE PRIZE? SO RUN, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible (see Rev. 3:11). I therefore so RUN, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air; But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." In Phil. 3:13,14, Paul said, "Brethren (believers), I count NOT MYSELF TO HAVE APPREHENDED: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS" (i.e., to be part of the group at the Pre-Trib Rapture).

Works also have their place in the Lord's plan. We work for rewards. Titus 2:13 says, "Looking for that blessed hope (the Rapture), and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, AND purify unto himself a peculiar people, ZEALOUS OF GOOD WORKS." The Laodiceans have to be in Christ to be spewed out of his mouth, and to them, he says, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: BE ZEALOUS therefore, and repent." If they do not pay attention to this, they may get spewed out of his mouth at the Pre-Trib Rapture and have to wait to get to Heaven along with the Tribulation saints. By that time, they will have washed their garments in the blood of Christ (Rev. 7:14).

> More like you have set aside what God has done in favor of this "philosphical"
> approach to scripture. It's sad to see that you are willing to sell yourself
> short and MORE sadly, you lead others into the false teaching. "Beware lest
> any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit".... I take heed.
>
> Now that all your "dates" have passed, isn't it time to recognize that you are
> just plain old wrong in your approach and philosophy in this subject ?? That
> NONE of you "ideas" came to fruition - and only the word of God stands on it's
> own and nothing you add to it will ever come to pass ?

***My date was wrong, but I may not have missed it by much. I did not think about the Lord tarrying to test us. I do not add to the word of God. I am very careful to quote it correctly. I state that these things are what I think, to search the scriptures and see if these things are true.

> > Jesus said to the Laodiceans, "I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because
> > thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and HAVE NEED OF
> > NOTHING; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and
> > poor, and blind, and naked. I counsel thee to BUY of me gold tried in
> > the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest
> > be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness do no appear; and anoint
> > thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I
> > rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent" (Rev. 3:16-19).
>
> Jesus first coming was prophesied to Israel. When he came to the earth, he
> said " I am sent unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel". Jesus didn't
> come to save the Gentiles - he was prophesied to save the nation of Israel.
> Unfortunately, they rejected the kingdom that he preached and crucified the
> king of that kingdom. But the sufftering of Christ is soon to be followed
> with glory. Until then, the age of grace goes on - a time when both JEW and
> GENTILE can become ONE in Christ Jesus. Nothing was ever prophesied
> concerning this body of Christ - no man knew of it - for God kept it hid from
> the beginning of all time. However, Christ WILL come again and this time,
> they won't scourge him, they won't spit on him or ridicule him, they won't be
> able to kill him or mock him to scorn as they did the first time - when Christ
> comes back for the HOUSE OF ISRAEL - as described in the gospel accounts and
> in the book of Revelation, he will come as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
> But you and I are not "the lost sheep in the house of Israel". We are born
> again members of the one body of Christ.
>
> You talk about the bride. Well, in order for there to be a bride there has to
> be a bridegroom. They crucified the bridegroom and he's NOT HERE now.

***No, but he will return for his Bride.

> NOW is the BODY of Christ present within the individual believer. Boy, you have
> missed the most important part of all that Christ has done. That is made us
> HOLY, ACCEPTABLE and UNBLAMEABLE in the sight of God... If you want to find me
> guillty of believing that I AM RIGHTEOUS because GOD said so - that only tells
> me that somehow you've really missed the mark in a terrible way. Because you
> have sold yourself short of the true riches in Christ Jesus.

***We are HOLY, ACCEPTABLE and UNBLAMEABLE in the sight of God when it comes to Salvation. That means that we will end up in Heaven. However, we can also get dirty feet. When Jesus washed Peter's feet, he told Peter, "If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me. Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head. Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit" (John 13:8-10). Since we cannot lose our salvation, what do you think we can lose if we have dirty feet? Would we be spewed out of his mouth at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture? The Philadelphians have no words of condemnation addressed to them. The Laodiceans do. The open door is set before the Philadelphians. The Laodiceans face a closed door. Which do you choose?

> > Does that "buy" remind you of the foolish virgins who had to buy oil?

> The "foolish virgins" were not BORN AGAIN CHILDREN OF GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST
> JESUS. Galatians 3:26.

***They are virgins. They are like the Laodiceans, who are in Christ.

> I am a child of God by faith.... not some foolish
> virgin who walks in darkness..... GOD said I am a SON NOW... I didn't write
> the book... if you have a problem with what is written TO THE BORN AGAIN
> believer, you need to go complain to God. But don't ridicule me for believing
> the accuracy of God's written word. You need a lesson in humility TO GOD'S
> WORD - before you "act" humble in email yet your words don't speak the truth
> of God's word at all.
> In Rev. 19:8, "the fine linen is the righteousness (lit.,
> righteousnesses) of saints." This includes Christ's righteousness that
> is imputed to us and that guarantees our salvation. It also includes our
> righteous acts, which may make the difference whether we are accounted
> worthy to escape all these things that are coming upon the world (Lu.
> 21:36) or not. Are you willing to take that chance?
>
> I am MORE willing to believe what God did for me ALREADY in Christ instead of
> living in doubt and worry and fear of the future.

***Don't live in doubt and worry and fear. That is not the way God wants us to live. If you sin, confess it immediately and get it under the blood of Christ. Why do you think I John 1:9 is in the Bible? Verse 8 says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

> God accomplished it already
> in Christ sister. Is God a liar ? Then why did He say "AND YE ARE COMPLETE IN
> HIM".. in Colossians 2:10 ?? Is that a lie ?

*** Of course not. It is talking about Salvation, not rewards. Col. 2:6 says, "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him." What if we walk contrary to him. Don't we become carnal Christians? (I Cor. 3:2,3).

> Well by sheer simple logic, if I
> am NOT complete, as you are suggesting, then God must not know what He's
> talking about.
> Either I am complete in Christ or I'm not. Either God is a liar or you are.

***You have Salvation. For that, you are complete in Christ. Wouldn't you like to also build up some treasures in Heaven?

> > You see, all believers are saved, but I don't think all believers will
> > win the prize of being taken in the Pre-Trib Rapture. For that, we have
> > to be accounted worthy.
>
> Why not ?? Where is the scripture written to the CHURCH OF GOD that says there
> are exceptions ? Please show me.

***II Tim. 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Mt. 24 and 25 shows a division between wise servants and evil servants. Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." I already quoted the scriptures where Paul was working for a prize and did not want to be a castaway.

> Because I can show you that God has said
> that by ONE spirit we were ALL baptised into ONE BODY... 1 Cor 12:11 and after
> telling of the unity of that body and that the head can't say to the feet I
> have no need of thee.....finally in v26 God says WE ARE ALL MEMBERS of the
> body of Christ. EVEN if you are the little toe on the body of Christ YOU ARE
> STILL a member of that body

True. All believers are part of the Body of Christ.

> and the WHOLE BODY will be gathered at one time -

I think that the whole body will not be gathered at one time. The head is in Heaven already. I think there is a Pre-Trib Rapture and a Pre-Wrath Rapture.

> like it or not, your plain old WRONG sister. And until you UNharden your
> heart from the philsophical approach to scripture you offer, you'll never
> truly see the light.
>
> IF God truly spoke to you as you claim, then the dates you spoke of would have
> been fulfilled.

God said to me, "Be still and know that I am God." He did not tell me any dates. I have said all along that I am not a prophet.

> You have been exposed by the innaccuracy of your "claims" and
> you simply won't get humble and admit your own faulty ways led yourself and
> many astray. And you continue to preach the wrong thing to all the people who
> need to hear the TRUTH about who they are in Christ NOW.. AND THAT GOD said
> that we are the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST. 2 Cor 5:21 I didn't write
> the book. I just believe it.

I do too, every jot and tittle.

> > Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be
> > accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and
> > to stand before the Son of man." If we have this already, why do we have
> > to pray that we will be accounted worthy to escape?
>
> EVER wonder why the title "Son of Man" is never used in the epistles ??
> Because it doesn't apply to the administration of grace that WE NOW live in.
> NEVER once do you see the title "Son of Man" used in any epistle anywhere.
> Not once. It's a title that applies to ISRAEL and not to the one Body of
> Christ. You missed the mark again sister.

***Jesus said Luke 21:36 to the apostles just before his Crucifixion. The apostles were the first to be added to the Body of Christ. Jesus Christ is the Son of Man. He is also the Son of God. Those facts are eternal. The "Word was God....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (Jn. 1:1,14).

He said:
> > > it's by grace and not by works. So what is there for me to do ?
> > > If it's grace than why must I be "right" with God ?

I said:
> Who are the castaways? Aren't they the foolish virgins and the Laodiceans
> that get left behind the first time? They will still get to Heaven, but I
> think they will be raptured on the Day of God's Wrath, between the breaking
> of the sixth and seventh seals. They are seen in Heaven in Rev. 7:14, and
> they have come out of Great Tribulation.

He said:
> Those that come out of the Great Tribulation are NOT BORN again members of the
> body of Christ. Oh, sure, the Laodiceans can be anyone you want them to be
> Marilyn.... and when you find out they're not who you think they are, then
> you'll just change your mind and make them some other group of people. Just
> like you changed the dates from here to there to there to this and that... and
> they all fell by the wayside AND ALL for the same reason that NONE of your
> dates... I tell you true by the mouth of God here and now, that not ONE OF
> YOUR many dates in any of your books will stand the test of time and be
> fulfilled as YOU see it. NOT THE FIRST ONE will be fulfilled. All your
> Jewish feast days and all that garbage has absolutely NO bearing on the
> gathering together of the church of God, the body of Christ. They are Jewish
> Feast days because they pertain to the Jews. And not ONE prophecy is awaiting
> fulfillment- not one, before the rapture of the body of Christ, the ENTIRE
> body of Christ, takes place.
>
> > I would sure like to see you in Heaven after the first Rapture.

> COUNT ON IT SISTER...

> > Those are probably the Bride of Christ.

> NO THOSE ARE THE BODY of Christ, the
> BRIDE OF CHRIST is ISRAEL...
>
> His coming in glory for the bride will be witnessed by all.. the RAPTURE will
> happen so fast, people will wonder for weeks as to what happened... but when
> he returns IN GLORY with his saints, there will be no mistaking what is
> happening and who he is
> Re:
> Those that come out of the Great Tribulation are NOT BORN again members of the
> body of Christ.

No man can be saved unless he believes in Christ. If he believes in Christ, he is a member of the Body of Christ. Otherwise, he could not get into New Jerusalem. Rev. 21:27 says, "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." Are you written in the Lamb's book of life? Then so are the Tribulation saints. They have washed their robes in the blood of Christ. Rev. 7:14). Why did they have to wash them. Were they stained by the flesh? Jude 23 says, "And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

> Oh, sure, the Laodiceans can be anyone you want them to be
> Marilyn.... and when you find out they're not who you think they are, then
> you'll just change your mind and make them some other group of people. Just
> like you changed the dates from here to there to there to this and that... and
> they all fell by the wayside AND ALL for the same reason that NONE of your
> dates... I tell you true by the mouth of God here and now, that not ONE OF
> YOUR many dates in any of your books will stand the test of time and be
> fulfilled as YOU see it. NOT THE FIRST ONE will be fulfilled. All your
> Jewish feast days and all that garbage has absolutely NO bearing on the
> gathering together of the church of God, the body of Christ. They are Jewish
> Feast days because they pertain to the Jews. And not ONE prophecy is awaiting
> fulfillment- not one, before the rapture of the body of Christ, the ENTIRE
> body of Christ, takes place.
>
> > Those are probably the Bride of Christ.

> NO THOSE ARE THE BODY of Christ, the BRIDE OF CHRIST is ISRAEL...

Israel was espoused to God, but she was given a bill of divorcement because she failed to come when called. She is like Vashti in the book of Esther. She will be taken back later, but in the meantime, Esther is taken as the Bride. Esther represents the Church as the Bride of Christ.

Jesus told this parable in Mt. 22:1f: "The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come...Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were NOT WORTHY. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage...and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment (like the Laodiceans): And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? and he was speechless." (He thought he had it made when he did not.) "Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness (outside the door); there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen."

Luke 12:46 says, The lord of that servant (the evil servant, Mt. 24:48) will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder (cut him off), and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." Mt. 24:51 adds, "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." These cut off ones are believers, yet they are appointed their portion with the unbelievers during the Tribulation. Because they are believers, they are part of the Body of Christ.

Incoming Email

Blessings Marilyn. Just wanted you to know there are anniversaries of some very significant things in Israel's history happening in the next couple of weeks. Today the 23rd/Sivan 29 Moshe Rabbeinu (Moses) sent the twelve spies to scout Eretz Yisrael, 2450 (1311BCE)

24th first day Rosh Chodesh Tamuz...I looked up the meaning :Festival of the New Moon..A festival dedicated to women. This festival contains acted prophetic instruction about THE BRIDE OF THE MASHIACH. June 26.Birth of Yosef HaTzadik, son of Yaakov in 2200 (1560 BCE) and His Yahrtzeit 110 year later if 2300 (1460 BCE)

Tamuz 3/ June 27:YEHOSHUA COMMANDED "THE SUN TO STAND IN GIVON AND THE MOON IN THE VALLEY OF AYALON" DURING THE CONQUEST OF ISRAEL. 2490 (1270 BCE)

Next week June 29/Tamuz 5: Yehoyachin, king of Yehudah was exiled in chains to Bavel by Nevuchadnetzar, 3328 (432 BCE) Yechezkel HaNavi has the vision of the Merkavah 3333 (427 BCE)

Friday/July 3/Tamuz 9: The Babylonians breached the wall of Yerushalayim in 3339 (421 BCE) Tamuz 10/July 4....Noach sent out the raven to see if the flood waters had receded, 1650 (2100 BCE)

This is so much fun...I look forward to reading your site every day...keep looking up! Love ya

My reply

Thanks. I'm looking up.... Got this in an email from a friend who is an early riser:

> Saturn is still MID-WAY between two magnificent Cherubim: Venus @ tree top
> and then Jupitor @ [my guess] 45 Deg. [4:30 am].

Venus is brightest planet, Jupiter second brightest and Saturn third brightest. All three are now morning stars. Oh yes, that reminds me. The overcomers of the churches are promised the morning star (Rev. 2:28). If the Rapture took place in the fall months, Saturn would be an evening star.

Incoming Email

Is it possible that you may have been a year early in your opinions? What about a possible Rapture date on Pentecost 1999?

My reply

It is possible, but to me, 1998 makes more sense than 1999. It is the 6000th year since man began to be tested knowing both good and evil. It is Israel's Jubilee year, which, according to Scripture, is announced on the preceding Day of Atonement and runs from Nisan 1 to Nisan 1. This would be from our March 28, 1998 to March 18, 1999.

The parable of the barren fig tree in Luke 13:6-9 mentions four years, three in v. 7 and one in v. 8. I think they are 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001, from when the Lord comes at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture and finds no fruit on his fig tree, Israel, to when the decree goes forth to "CUT IT DOWN" (during the Tribulation).

I did not mean to capitalize "cut it down," but something weird happened to my computer and it came out in caps. I had typed it in lower case, finished the sentence, and then decided to put quotation marks around "cut it down." As I put in the latter one first, my computer started making a row of automatic quotation marks until I hit Delete. Suddenly, cut it down"""""""" was all highlighted in a flash and erased. Normally, Delete would not highlight anything, only backspace. As I typed "cut it down" back in, it was all in caps. The shift key and caps lock key were not down except I used the shift key to make the quotation marks. When I started typing this right after "Tribulaton).", it was back to normal. I made this a separate paragraph after deciding to put in more than just the first sentence.

Incoming Email

Consider this: Perhaps a few false alarms were meant to seduce the foolish into complacency. Cry wolf enough and supposedly no one will come. What if some knew a wolf was really nearby and the cry for help would sooner or later be real. How many of those who knew this would gamble that any given cry was a false alarm and not respond? Probably more than a few!

Kind of like a test is'nt it? Those without the faith to persevere will be sifted out. I pray that you will continue your seeking of understanding of our Lord's word and that he will bless you by unveiling the truth to you. I suspect it will be a very short warning though. I doubt if you will be maintaining massive site hits at that time (you just passed 150,000!). Hopefully those who need the warning most at that time will recieve it.

Pray for those of us who have heeded the first of your wake up calls, that we will not now falter but continue to grow in faith. May we be watching and ever ready, spreading the Good News of our Lord's Salvation and striving to please Him until His return. God bless you

My reply

As you know, I think we are being tested, sifted as wheat, while the Bridgroom tarries. Since we are the Body of Christ and Jesus was tested 40 days, maybe our testing will be no longer than that. I'm watching.

The end of wheat harvest has not yet arrived. Pentecost was only the beginning of wheat harvest. I didn't see that before. The night that Ruth lay at the feet of Boaz, the kinsman redeemer, it was "the END of barley harvest AND OF WHEAT HARVEST" (Ruth 2:23). I just followed what the Jews said about that happening on Pentecost, forgetting that Pentecost was the BEGINNING of wheat harvest, not the end. We sure have to examine Scripture with a microscope. One word, like "end," or "tarried," can make a big difference.

Aside from the strong possibility that the Lord is separating the wise from the foolish virgins, the "faithful and wise servant" from the "evil servant," we have a bit more time to tell unbelievers about Christ and how to be saved: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). We want to go to Heaven bringing in our sheaves.

   Pro and Con 140   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1998 Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 6-27-98