Pro and Con 1426

Posted 8-2-08


Hubble Telescope: Ant Nebula

Incoming e-mail, Re: PASSOVER VERSE

Marilyn, I thought I would try one more/final time to get you to see the correct day of the Crucifixion.

Here is a verse I came across in reading......where the Passover was kept in the second month. Remember the provision to keep a second passover exactly like the first one.

Notice what it says.........

2Ch 30:15
Then they killed the passover on the fourteenth day of the second month: and the priests and the Levites were ashamed, and sanctified themselves, and brought in the burnt offerings into the house of the LORD.

The passover was killed on the 14th day.......just as it says in Lev. 23. You say it was killed on the 13th and that is just plain wrong.

In order to properly understand this you have to not ''fixate'' on particular words such as ''passover''.

In Lev. 23 it says to kill the lamb on the 14th .....''it is the Lord's passover''. So you conclude that the 14th is the Passover.........but not so quick. Just step back and take a wider look.

The ''passover'' lamb was killed on the 14th of Nisan......but it does not say that is the ''passover day''.........

For.....as you know........the night of the 15th that followed the day part of the 14th was the night the death angel ''passed over''......because of the blood.

So here it is. The 14th of Nisan......the day part......toward the end of the day at 3 pm the lamb was slain. Think of this as a meal and it will help you to ''see'' it. The lamb was slain on the 14th.......the meal was prepared you might say.......thus the 14th is also called the Preparation of the Passover........why? Because they killed the lamb and prepared to eat it the night of the 15th.

So the Passover Lamb was killed on the 14th toward the end of the day...........and the Passover Lamb was eaten that night that followed which was then the night of the 15th of Nissan.

Just as the Jews know which day is the Sabbath.....they also know which day is the Passover. For the reasons above, they call the 15th the Passover. The 14th is more properly called the Preparation of the Passover or the eve of Passover.

I don't want to argue, I just would like to have done my part to get you to see this. The above is as simple as I can make it.

It is important because Jesus had to have fulfilled the law to the letter re His sacrifice.

My reply

As strange as it may seem, I think Jesus was tried and crucified between the evenings on the Eve of Passover, the Preparation Day of the Passover.

Do you want to know why? I believe the Bible, in its original manuscripts, meant what it said. Translations can have errors, but they are few and far between. The copper scroll of Isaiah shows us one. Isa 53:9 (KJV) says, "And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death." He actually made his grave with the rich, and was with the wicked in his death.

Mark 14:2 (LITV) couldn't be clearer. It bluntly says, "NOT DURING THE FEAST, lest there will be a tumult of the people." Therefore, to me, Jesus was not crucified on Passover.

John 18:28 (LITV) is clear. It says, "they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the praetorium, and it was early. and THEY DID NOT ENTER INTO THE PRAETORIUM THAT THEY MIGHT EAT THE PASSOVER." To me, the Passover was still future.

The clincher: John 19:13-16 (LITV) says, "Pilate led Jesus out. And he sat down on the judgment seat, at a place called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. And IT WAS THE PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER". Therefore, to me, Jesus was crucified on the Preparation of the Passover, the Eve of Passover, Nisan 13, the day before the Passover.

John 19:31 says, "SINCE IT WAS PREPARATION, that the bodies not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for great was the day of that sabbath (Passover), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and they be taken away." To me, it was the day of preparation.

John 19:42 says, "There, then, because of THE PREPARATION OF THE JEWS, because the tomb was near, they put Jesus." It is still the day of preparation.

Mt 27:62-64 (LITV) says, "ON THE MORROW(i.e., Passover, Nisan 14), WHICH IS AFTER THE PREPARATION (Nisan 13, the day of the crucifixion), the chief priests and the Pharisees were assembled to Pilate, saying, Sir, we have recalled that that deceiver while living said, After three days (i.e., on Sunday, after Thursday, Friday and Saturday) I will rise. Therefore, command that the grave be secured until the third day". To me, the day of preparation still fits the crucifixion.

Mark 15:42,43 (LITV) says, "And it becoming evening already, SINCE IT WAS THE PREPARATION, THAT IS, THE DAY BEFORE SABBATH (i.e., before the high sabbath, Passover), Joseph of Arimathea came, an honorable councillor, who himself was also waiting for the kingdom of God. And taking courage, he went in to Pilate and begged the body of Jesus." The day of preparation still fits.

Luke 23:53,54 (LITV) says,"And taking it (the body of Jesus) down, he wrapped it in linen, and placed it in a quarried tomb, where no one was ever yet laid. AND IT WAS PREPARATION DAY, and a sabbath (Passover) was coming on." That is point blank. It was preparation day. How can anyone get around this?

Jesus died at the same time the Passover lambs had been killed all along, about 3 PM, "BETWEEN THE EVENINGS" on the Preparation of the Passover.

Mt. 27:45-50 (LITV) says, "from the sixth hour (noon, Jewish time) there was darkness over all the land until THE NINTH HOUR (3 PM). And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani; that is, "My God, My God, why did You forsake Me? And hearing, some of those standing there said, This one calls Elijah. And at once, one of them running and taking a sponge, and filling it with "vinegar," put it on a reed and "gave drink to Him. But the rest said, Let be; let us see if Elijah is coming to save Him. And crying again with a loud voice, JESUS RELEASED HIS SPIRIT." It was about 3 PM. That fits the Eve of Passover.

Lev 23:31,32 (LITV) shows us how any feast day has to be kept. "YOU SHALL DO NO WORK; IT IS A NEVER ENDING STATUTE THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS, in all your dwellings. It (the Day of Atonement, Tishri 10) is a sabbath of rest to you, and you shall humble your souls in the ninth of the month at evening; from evening until evening you shall keep your sabbath."

The Passover is a high day, a day of complete rest from 6 PM on Nisan 13 to 6 PM on Nisan 14. They can't cook. Therefore, the Passover lamb had to be killed, and roasted BETWEEN THE EVENINGS ON THE DAY OF PREPARATION.

John 19:31 (KJV) says, "The Jews therefore, because IT WAS THE PREPARATION, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was AN HIGH DAY,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away." The (LITV) says, "Then, since IT WAS PREPARATION, that the bodies not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for GREAT WAS THE DAY OF THAT SABBATH (because it was Passover, the greatest of their annual Sabbaths), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and they be taken away."

Jesus was tried by the Sanhedrin. "According to the Tosephta' Sanhedrin 7 1: "THERE WERE NO SITTINGS ON SABBATHS OR FEAST DAYS." http://www.bible-history.com/isbe/S/SANHEDRIN/

There were no meetings on the weekly Sabbaths or the annual Sabbaths, Passover, Unleavened Bread and Firstfruits. To me, the only day the Sanhedrin could legally meet to try Jesus was Thursday, Nisan 13, the Eve of Passover, the Preparation Day of the Passover, when they prepared the food for Passover, which was an annual high sabbath, a holy convocation, a day of total rest.

Why not Wednesday? The lambs were kept up to Nisan 14, which was Friday. Also, Mt 12:40 (LITV) says, "even as "Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights," so shall the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights." These were Thursday (day), Friday (night then day), Saturday (night then day), and Sunday (night). A Wednesday crucifixion will not work, neither will a Friday crucifixion. That leaves me with Thursday, Nisan 13. 3790 (April 6, 30 AD).

The Babylonian Talmud has it right. It says, "THEY HUNG HIM ON THE EVE OF PESAH.". Then why do the Jewish Calendars list Nisan 15 as Passover? Is it a deliberate deception, or an unwitting one?

The "Tractate Sanhedrin" in the Babylonian Talmud...says, "ON THE EVE OF PESAH THEY HUNG JESHU [the Nazarene]. And the crier went forth before him forty days (saying), [Jeshu the Nazarene] goeth forth to be stoned, because he hath practiced magic and deceived and led astray Israel. Any one who knoweth aught in his favour, let him come and declare concerning him. And they found naught in his favour. And THEY HUNG HIM ON THE EVE OF PESAH." (Sanhedrin 43a GBT VII.pg. 181; SBT pg. 281). To me, the Eve of Pesah/Pesach agrees with Scripture.

"The ancient Jewish Talmud in a secret book called *Tol'doth Yeshua,* said to have been written around 33AD and passed down by the Babylonian Masoretes, Jesus is referred to as "Ben Pandera" (Son of Pandera). In the Babylonian Talmud it is mentioned about Jesus ... "AND HANGED HIM ON THE EVE OF PASSOVER;'' The Talmud refers to Jesus as Ben Pandera or Ben Pantere (a corruption of the Greek word ‘parthenos, meaning "SON OF THE VIRGIN;" In the Baraila it is recorded "ON THE EVE OF PASSOVER THEY HANGED YESHUA (of Nazareth);" In the Amoa it records "And do you suppose that for (Yeshu of Nazareth) there was any right of appeal;?" Sanhedrin 43a also references the disciples of Jesus; The Toseft mentions, and "Yeshu ben Pantere taught me""
(http://jesus-messiah.com/studies/history.html).

I too believe that Yeshua was crucified on the Eve of Passover.

Re killing the lamb at the first Passover in Egypt, Ex. 12:6 (Darby) says, "ye shall keep it until ('ad', up to) the fourteenth day of this month; and the whole congregation of the assembly of Israel shall KILL IT BETWEEN THE TWO EVENINGS." The YLT says, "it hath become a charge to you, until ('ad', up to) the fourteenth day of this month, and the whole assembly of the company of Israel have SLAUGHTERED IT BETWEEN THE EVENINGS". There are two evenings, noon to 3 PM, and 3 PM to 6 PM. 3 PM fits between the two evenings perfectly.

Ex. 12:6-14 (LITV) says, "keep until ('ad', up to) the fourteenth day of this month (Nisan 13 is the day that until 6 PM stretches up to Passover, Nisan 14). And all the assembly of the congregation of Israel shall KILL IT BETWEEN THE EVENINGS (i.e., about 3 PM on Nisan 13). And they shall take from the blood, and put it on the two side doorposts and on the upper doorpost, on the houses in which they eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in THIS NIGHT (Nisan 14, between 6 PM and midnight), roasted with fire, and they shall eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. Do not eat it raw, or at all boiled in water, but roasted with fire; its head with its legs and with its inward parts. And you shall not leave any of it until morning. And you shall burn with fire that left from it until morning. And you shall eat it this way: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover to Jehovah. And I will pass through in the land of Egypt IN THIS NIGHT (i.e., during the 1st 12 hours of Nisan 14). And I will (i.e., at midnight on Nisan 14) strike every first-born in the land of Egypt, from man even to livestock. And I will execute judgments on all the gods of Egypt. I am Jehovah! And the blood shall be a sign to you, on the houses where you are. And I will see the blood, and I will pass over you. And the plague shall not be on you to destroy, when I strike in the land of Egypt. And the day (Passover, Nisan 14) shall be a memorial for you. And you shall celebrate it as a feast to Jehovah, for your generations. You shall celebrate it as a law forever."

Remember that there were 12 hours of the night that preceeded the 12 hours of the day. Ex 12:29-31 says, "AT MIDNIGHT (i.e., at the 6th hour of the night) the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt. And Pharaoh rose up IN THE NIGHT (i.e., between midnight and 6 AM), he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead. And he called for Moses and Aaron BY NIGHT (i.e., between midnight and 6 AM when Nisan 15 began), and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go". They were commanded to go while it was still Nisan 14.

At this point, some of the night and the whole 12 hours of the daytime part of Nisan 14 were still before them. They packed up their things and departed from their houses after 6 AM, the morning of Nisan 14, arrived. They traveled during the daylight portion of Nisan 14, then Nisan 15 began at 6 PM. Of necessity, they ate unleavened bread for the next seven 24-hour days, Nisan 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21.

The death angel came at midnight, which was only 6 hours after Nisan 14 began at 6 PM on Nisan 13.

There were 12 hours of night and then 12 hours of day for each date.
The 24 hrs. of Nisan 14 ran from 6 PM on Nisan 13 to 6 PM on Nisan 14.
The 24 hrs. of Nisan 15 ran from 6 PM on Nisan 14 to 6 PM on Nisan 15.

Lev 23:27-32 shows us how to keep a Feast Day. Tishri 10, the Day of Atonement, runs from 6 PM on Tishri 9 to 6 PM on Tishri 10. The LITV says, "Also, on the tenth of this seventh month shall be a day of atonement; there shall be a holy gathering, and you shall humble your souls and shall bring a fire offering to Jehovah. And YOU SHALL DO NO WORK IN THIS SAME DAY, for it is a day of atonement, to atone for you before Jehovah your God. For any person who is not humbled in this same day shall be cut off from his people. And ANY PERSON WHO DOES ANY WORK IN THIS SAME DAY, I SHALL EVEN DESTROY THAT PERSON from the midst of his people. YOU SHALL DO NO WORK; IT IS A NEVER ENDING STATUTE THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS, IN ALL YOUR DWELLINGS." IT IS A SABBATH OF REST TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL HUMBLE YOUR SOUL IN THE NINTH OF THE MONTH AT EVENING, FROM EVENING UNTIL EVENING YOU SHALL KEEP YOUR SABBATH." They couldn't work on Passover, either.

Tishri 10 begins at 6 PM on Tishri 9, and ends at 6 PM on Tishri 10. The 12 hours of night comes before the 12 hours of day for every date.

Therefore, Passover is kept from 6 PM on Nisan 13 to 6 PM on Nisan 14. Midnight is only 6 hours after Nisan 14 begins. It is as in Gen. 1:5 (LITV), "And God called the light, Day. And He called the darkness, Night. And there was evening, and there was morning the first day."

> > 2Ch 30:15 Then they killed the passover on the fourteenth day of the second month: and the priests and the Levites were ashamed, and sanctified themselves, and brought in the burnt offerings into the house of the LORD.

> > The passover was killed on the 14th day.......just as it says in Lev. 23. You say it was killed on the 13th and that is just plain wrong.

2Ch 30:15-20 (LITV) shows that they didn't do it right that particular time. It says, "And they killed the passover offering on the fourteenth of the second month. And the priests and the Levites were ashamed, and sanctified themselves, and brought in burnt offerings to the house of Jehovah. And they stood in their place according to their ordinance, according to the Law of Moses the man of God. The priests were sprinkling the blood out of the hand of the Levites. For many in the assembly had not sanctified themselves, and the Levites were over the slaughtering of the passover offerings for everyone not clean, to sanctify them to Jehovah. For MANY OF THE PEOPLE, many from Ephraim, and Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun had not been cleansed, but ATE THE PASSOVER NOT AS WAS WRITTEN. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, O good Jehovah, atone for everyone who has prepared his heart to seek Jehovah God, the God of his fathers, yet not according to the cleansing of the sanctuary. And Jehovah listened to Hezekiah, and healed the people."

2Ch 30:18 (KJV) says, "For a multitude of the people, even many of Ephraim, and Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, YET DID THEY EAT THE PASSOVER OTHERWISE THAN IT WAS WRITTEN."

When there were thousands of lambs to be slain at the Tabernacle or Temple, it took some time. They started at 3 PM on Nisan 13. That was called BETWEEN THE EVENINGS. The Sun started going down at noon. From noon until 3 PM was the first evening. From 3 PM to 6 PM was the second evening. Between the evenings was 3 PM. Jesus died about 3 PM. They started to kill the lambs between the evenings too. Then the rush was on to get the job done before 6 PM, just like when Jesus was quickly put in the stone tomb.

Ex 12:6 (LITV) says, "it (the lamb) shall be for you to keep until ('ad,' up to) the FOURTEENTH DAY of this month. And all the assembly of the congregation of Israel shall KILL IT BETWEEN THE EVENINGS" (i.e., about 3 PM on the Preparation Day). Ex 29:39 (LITV) says, "The one lamb you shall offer in the morning, and the second lamb you shall offer BETWEEN THE EVENINGS" (i.e., about 3 PM).

Ex 29:41 (LITV) says, "And you shall offer the second lamb BETWEEN THE EVENINGS (i.e., at 3 PM); you shall do to it like the morning food offering and its drink offering, for a soothing fragrance, a fire offering to Jehovah."

Nu. 28:4 (LITV) says, "You shall offer the one lamb in the morning, and you shall offer the other lamb BETWEEN THE EVENINGS". We would call it the afternoon.

> > The ''passover'' lamb was killed on the 14th of Nisan......but it does not say that is the ''passover day''.........

Num 9:2-5 (LITV) says, "Let the children of Israel also keep the passover at its appointed season. In the fourteenth day of this month, AT EVENING (the beginning of the day), ye shall keep it in its appointed season: according to all its rites, and according to all its ceremonies, shall ye keep it."

> > the night of the 15th that followed the day part of the 14th was the night the death angel ''passed over''......because of the blood.

The Lord killed the firstborn of Egypt at midnight, 6 hours after Nisan 14 began. If the Israelites had waited until Nisan 15, their firstborn would have all died at midnight on Nisan 14 just like the firstborn of the Egyptians.

> > So here it is. The 14th of Nisan......the day part......toward the end of the day at 3 pm the lamb was slain. Think of this as a meal and it will help you to ''see'' it. The lamb was slain on the 14th.......the meal was prepared you might say.......thus the 14th is also called the Preparation of the Passover........why? Because they killed the lamb and prepared to eat it the night of the 15th. The preparation of the Passover was on the previous day, because they were not allowed to cook on Nisan 14, the Passover. John 19:14,15 (LITV) clearly says, "IT WAS THE PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER (i.e., Nisan 13), AND ABOUT THE SIXTH HOUR (9 AM Roman time) and he saith to the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out, Away, Away! Crucify Him!".

The judgment took place on Nisan 13, the day before the Passover. John 18:28 (LITV) says, "Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the praetorium, and it was early. And THEY DID NOT ENTER INTO THE PRAETORIUM THAT THEY MIGHT NOT BE DEFILED, BUT THAT THEY MIGHT EAT THE PASSOVER." Nisan 14, Passover, had not yet arrived.

> > So the Passover Lamb was killed on the 14th toward the end of the day...........and the Passover Lamb was eaten that night that followed which was then the night of the 15th of Nissan.

To me, the Passover Lamb had to be eaten on Nisan 14 between 6 PM and midnight, the first 6 hours of the 24 hours of Nisan 14.

> > Just as the Jews know which day is the Sabbath.....they also know which day is the Passover. For the reasons above, they call the 15th the Passover. The 14th is more properly called the Preparation of the Passover or the eve of Passover.

That is what the unbelieving Jews would like you to say. Those Jews are wrong, probably because they don't want to reinforce what Jesus did. They don't accept him as their Messiah. However, the Bible is right.

Here is what unsaved Jews want to believe. "It still amazes me, to this day, that people believe in this "Yeshua" (Jesus)--the great Rabbi and Torah keeper. The fact is, there is no historical evidence to support the claim that Jesus existed, much less the Christian claim that he is the "son of G-d." There is not even one ounce of Jesus' story which is supported by any legitimate historical source. Furthermore, there is no evidence that Mary or Joseph ever existed."
(http://members.aol.com/JewishCo/index.html)

Mt 12:40 says, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." There was Thursday (day), Friday (night then day), Saturday (night then day) and Sunday (night). That was three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth. I think Jesus died as our Passover on Thursday, the preparation of the Passover, and was resurrected on Sunday.

1Cor 5:7 says, "Cleanse out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ OUR PASSOVER is sacrificed for us". Like the lambs, he died at about 3 PM.

Jesus was put in a stone tomb close to 6 PM as Nisan 14 began, as the last of the Passover lambs were being put in stone ovens to roast. They had to be roasted and eaten between 6 PM and midnight.

Ex. 12:6-13 (LITV) says, "And it (the lamb) shall be for you to keep until ('ad,' as far as) the FOURTEENTH DAY of this month. And all the assembly of the congregation of Israel shall KILL IT BETWEEN THE EVENINGS. And they shall take from the blood, and put it on the two side doorposts and on the upper doorpost, on the houses in which they eat it. And they shall EAT THE FLESH IN THIS NIGHT, roasted with fire, and they shall eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. Do not eat it raw, or at all boiled in water, but roasted with fire; its head with its legs and with its inward parts. And YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE ANY OF IT UNTIL MORNING. And you shall burn with fire that left from it until morning. And you shall eat it this way: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover to Jehovah. And I WILL PASS THROUGH IN THE LAND OF EGYPT IN THIS NIGHT. And I will strike every first-born in the land of Egypt, from man even to livestock. And I will execute judgments on all the gods of Egypt. I am Jehovah! And the blood shall be a sign to you, on the houses where you are. And I WILL SEE THE BLOOD, AND I WILL PASS OVER YOU. And the plague shall not be on you to destroy, when I strike in the land of Egypt."

"BETWEEN THE EVENINGS" IS THE KEY

"'Ben Ha'arbayim' literally means between the two evenings.... between noon and evening. the Hebrew word for evening is Erev, and shares its root with the Hebrew word for "west". If the sun is westerly after noon that could be considered an evening, or a heading west of the sun, with evening being the second "west" making use of both meanings of the word Erev. (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hebrew-Language-1605/Lev-23-5.htm)

Nu. 28:4 (LITV) says, "You shall offer the one lamb in the morning, and you shall offer the other lamb BETWEEN THE TWO EVENINGS" (i.e., about 3 PM).

The type was perfect. Jesus died about 3 PM on the Eve of Passover.

Mt 27:50,62-64 (LITV) says, "Jesus released His spirit....And on the morrow (Friday, Nisan 14, Passover), which is AFTER THE PREPARATION (after Thursday, Nisan 13), the chief priests and the Pharisees were assembled to Pilate, saying, Sir, we have recalled that that deceiver while living said, After three days I will rise. Therefore, command that the grave be secured until the third day.

John 19:30,31.42 (LITV) says, "HE DELIVERED UP THE SPIRIT. Then, since IT WAS PREPARATION (i.e., the day before the Passover), that the bodies not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for great was the day of THAT SABBATH (Passover, a high Sabbath), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and they be taken away....There, then, because of THE PREPARATION OF THE JEWS, because the tomb was near, they put Jesus."

Jesus was put in the stone tomb as the Passover lambs were put in stone ovens to roast. Roasting might take 3 hours. Then the Israelites were to eat the lamb before midnight on Nisan 14.

Ex 30:8 (LITV) says, "And when Aaron sets up the lamps BETWEEN THE EVENINGS (i.e., about 3 PM) he shall burn it, a perpetual incense before the face of Jehovah for your generations."

Ex. 12:6-13 (LITV) says, "And it (the lamb) shall be for you to keep until ('ad,' as far as) the FOURTEENTH DAY of this month. And all the assembly of the congregation of Israel shall KILL IT BETWEEN THE EVENINGS. And they shall take from the blood, and put it on the two side doorposts and on the upper doorpost, on the houses in which they eat it. And they shall EAT THE FLESH IN THIS NIGHT, roasted with fire, and they shall eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. Do not eat it raw, or at all boiled in water, but roasted with fire; its head with its legs and with its inward parts. And YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE ANY OF IT UNTIL MORNING. And you shall burn with fire that left from it until morning. And you shall eat it this way: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover to Jehovah. And I WILL PASS THROUGH IN THE LAND OF EGYPT IN THIS NIGHT. And I will strike every first-born in the land of Egypt, from man even to livestock. And I will execute judgments on all the gods of Egypt. I am Jehovah! And the blood shall be a sign to you, on the houses where you are. And I WILL SEE THE BLOOD, AND I WILL PASS OVER YOU. And the plague shall not be on you to destroy, when I strike in the land of Egypt."

Ex 30:8 (LITV) says, "And when Aaron sets up the lamps BETWEEN THE EVENINGS (i.e., about 3 PM) he shall burn it, a perpetual incense before the face of Jehovah for your generations." The lamps were lit when the priests started to kill the lambs.

> > =the night of the 15th that followed the day part of the 14th was the night the death angel ''passed over''......because of the blood.

If that were true, all the firstborn of the Israelites would have died along with the firstborn of Egypt at midnight on Nisan 14. The blood on their door frames would have been 24 hours too late.

Each of the 12 hours of the night of Nisan 14 starts at:
6 PM, 7 PM, 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, 11 PM, 12 midnight of Nisan 14 (death angel came)
1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM

The 12 hours of the day of Nisan 14 starts at:
6 AM, 7 AM, 8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 noon
1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM

The 12 hours of the night of Nisan 15 starts at:
6 PM, 7 PM, 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, 11 PM, 12 midnight of Nisan 15 (24 hours too late)
1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM

The 12 hours of the day of Nisan 15 starts at:
6 AM, 7 AM, 8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 noon
1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM
Agape

   Pro and Con 1427   Or Return   Home

Contact me for more information at: mjagee@verizon.net

Send me e-mail now

8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (951) 653-4110

© 1996-2008, Marilyn J. Agee; Updated 8-2-08