Pro and Con 1465

Posted 1-12-09

On Ascension Day, 5-19-09, Saturn will still be in Leo

That seems perfect for the day of the Pre-Trib Rapture, THE DEPARTURE that precedes the revealing of the man of sin.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (WEB) Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless THE DEPARTURE COMES FIRST, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (Geneva) Let no man deceiue you by any meanes: for that day shall not come, except THERE COME A DEPARTING FIRST, and that that man of sinne be disclosed, euen the sonne of perdition,

At the time of the Rapture, Rev 17:12,14 (KJV) says, "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast....These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM ARE CALLED, AND CHOSEN, AND FAITHFUL."

(ALT) "These will wage war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and THE [ONES] WITH HIM [ARE] CALLED AND CHOSEN AND FAITHFUL."

(ASV) These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and THEY ALSO SHALL OVERCOME THAT ARE WITH HIM, CALLED AND CHOSEN AND FAITHFUL.

(Darby) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them; for he is Lord of lords and King of kings: and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM CALLED, AND CHOSEN, AND FAITHFUL.

(DRB) These shall fight with the Lamb. And the Lamb shall overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings: and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM ARE CALLED AND ELECT AND FAITHFUL."

(LITV) These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and THE ONES WITH HIM ARE THE CALLED AND ELECT AND FAITHFUL ONES.

(Webster) These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM ARE CALLED, AND CHOSEN, AND FAITHFUL.

(YLT) these with the Lamb shall make war, and the Lamb shall overcome them, because Lord of lords he is, and King of kings, and THOSE WITH HIM ARE CALLED, AND CHOICE, AND STEDFAST."

This shows that at the time of the Rapture, those that are called, chosen and faithful ARE ALREADY WITH CHRIST, but the 10 kings, crowned at the beginning of the Tribulation (Rev. 13:1,2) have not yet received their kingdom. Therefore, I think there is a gap between the Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation.

If the shortened 2300-day Tribulation starts on next Pentecost, May 29, 2009, the Pre-Trib Rapture could take place on Ascension Day, Tuesday, May 19, 2009. If so, we would ascend in like manner as Jesus did.

When Jesus ascended, Acts 1:9-11 said, "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee (meaning wheel, revolution, suggesting Heaven's orbit or its rings), why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

This coming in like manner seems to prefigure his coming at the Rapture, because he comes riding a white horse on the day of the Second Advent.

The Eastern Orthodox Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross is kept on September 14

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Holy-Cross-Day

The original name of this feast was the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross, by which name it is still know(n) by the Orthodox Church. Since 1970, it has been officially called the Triumph of the Cross by the Roman Catholic Church. It is also popularly known among Roman Catholics and Anglicans as Holy Cross Day.

The feast commemorates the finding of the True Cross in 326 during a pilgrimage of Christians to Jerusalem. Among those in attendance at this pilgrimage was St. Helena, the mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, who made Christianity the state religion of the empire after having converted to the faith himself. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre was then built at the site of the discovery, by order of Helena and Constantine. The church was dedicated nine years later, with the cross placed inside it....

The date used for the feast marks the dedication of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in 335. This was a two day festival: although the actual consecration of the church was on September 13, the cross itself was brought outside the church on September 14 so that the clergy and faithful could pray before it....

My comments

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem is where the Holy Fire comes down on the Sabbath before the Orthodox Easter. That the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross would be kept there on Sept. 14 seems like a date God might have chosen.

Sept. 14 is such an interesting date, because it looks like the end of the shortened 2300 day Tribulation (Dan. 8:13,14) on the Day of God's Wrath will be Sept. 14, 2015, the Feast of Trumpets. Subtracting 2300 days using Jewish Inclusive Reckoning puts the beginning of the shortened Tribulation on May 29, 2009, the Feast of Pentecost.

The parable of the Fig Tree in Mt. 24:32-34 shows that the Six-Day War of 1967, when Israel grew leaves, was the Sign of the End of the Age. The war began June 5. Mt. 1:17 shows that a generation is 48.33 years.

June 5, 1967 + 48.33 years = September, 2015. The Feast of Trumpets is Sept. 14, 2015. The Day of God's Wrath is a perfect time to honor the triumph wrought by Jesus being Crucified on the cross, then being resurrected 3 days later.

Incoming e-mail, Re: NIV

...thanks for the email. You make several very good points.

You wrote: "Paul was chosen to reveal the MYSTERY of the Rapture. However, there are hints in the Gospels."

Response: This is not Biblical. Where does the Bible say that? This is pure invention.

Why would Jesus not choose himself to reveal the mystery of the first trump rapture in the Olivet discourse? ... especially when he takes so much time to reveal everything else. Why would He hide from His sheep this critical piece of information? ... when it sure to comfort so many? This is a HUGE weakness in the pre-trib case.

You wrote: Your take on this is not comforting. You would have believers receiving the wrath of God. My take on this is comforting. We will not only escape the wrath of God, we will escape the whole Tribulation. Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and PRAY ALWAYS, THAT YE MAY BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Response: We will escape the Wrath of God! We will not escape the wrath of Satan. Remember the wrath of Satan isn't new to Christianity. There are millions of born again Christians toughing out their own persecution and tribulation around the world today.

I was originally angry at post-tribbers for trying to take away my comfort in my belief of a pre-trib rapture. But when I heard David Jeremiah's CD and his Bible study on the pre-tribulation rapture, I was taken aback by how weak his position was. I really wanted to believe it though! That's when I really started studying hard. I was born again on December 23rd, 1999, so I know I have the Holy Spirit helping me with understanding Scripture. I believed mid-trib for a while, then the pasture at my Baptist church showed me post-trib evidence. Then after many hours of study I came to the conclusion that post-trib was the position best supported by non-inferred Scripture.

But let me explain my thought process. When it comes to scripture saying "escape all these things" and "we will not suffer wrath", post trib looks at it differently. Escape could mean just that, as you would escape by finding a good shelter. It isn't totally clear. You INFER that it means a pre-trib rapture. I submit that Luke 21:36 speaks to God's Wrath on the last day which we will escape from via rapture. This is the true wrath which will melt the elements, cause blood to flow outside the city, and make all else look like peanuts in comparison. We will escape from that real wrath. All other tribulation we live through will be Satan's wrath. And even much of that we as believers will be protected from, such as the 5 trumpet (God's seal will protect us). Yes, I believe the 7 trumpets do not yet count as God's wrath. God gives provision of comfort and help to believers during the trumpets. Tribulation is something believers have gone through for two thousand years. God is allowing Satan's wrath against believers all throughout the Muslim nations and China and elsewhere today. The last 7 years, though intense, will be no different. Get ready, because we're going to live through it. But keep heart, because Jesus will be with us then too. The Holy Spirit will tell us what to say. Keep heart, because we will receive a crown at the end of the race. Hence all of the warnings TO US in the Olivet discourse and in Revelation.

You wrote:
Consider that both the First Trump Rapture and the Last Trump Rapture take place before the 7 angels are given 7 trumpets. They can't be the same trumpets. After that, Rev. 8:1,2 says, "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given SEVEN TRUMPETS."

Response: In the first sentence, you can't use your argument as a premise to your argument. First, I reject the connection between the two silver trumpets of the OT and a possible two raptures. This seems contrived. If the rest of the Bible more clearly taught a pre-trib rapture, then I might buy that. But I reject a First Trump rapture. There is only a Last Trump rapture, which IS the seventh trumpet. And I understand your good point about the timeline.

Here's my answer, and it lies in prophetic chronology. The vision given to John in Rev 8:1-2, as were all the visions given to him, were given in a series over a period of time. Just like reading a complex novel, you logically must read it by the series of chapters in the book. But you understand that there is overlap in the story, especially complex stories like a Clancy novel. piThe key is it to understand Revelation is that, though the visions were given to John in a series, the visions themselves overlap each other in time. Note the 5 marker connection among the 7th seal, trumpet, and vial. I made a good argument earlier that the 7th seal, 7th trumpet and 7th vial all occur on the same day. They overlap. Therefore, when the angels were given the seven trumpets, you are actually going back in time to before the 7th seal. The first trumpet likely occurs well before the seventh seal. This is why Revelation can be so confusing. You read it and think it all takes place in chronological order. This is not so. There are multiple overlapping visions, and the studier mustece them together like a jigsaw puzzle using markers, repeated information, similarities, and other evidence given to the reader. When I finally understood that, THEN I accepted the post-trib position.

One more, if I may:

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Strong argument: "This is the first resurrection". The post-trib rapture is literally the first resurrection.

Weak argument: "This is the first resurrection". This is talking about two resurrections, separated by 7 years (though the text makes no separation). Therefore first and second resurrection = first resurrecton. Huh?

God bless you Marilyn. Thanks for considering my position. In Christ

My reply

> > You wrote: "Paul was chosen to reveal the MYSTERY of the Rapture. However, there are hints in the Gospels."

> > Response: This is not Biblical. Where does the Bible say that? This is pure invention.

PAUL REVEALED "THIS MYSTERY...BLINDNESS IN PART IS HAPPENED TO ISRAEL, UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILES BE COME IN"

In Romans 11:25, PAUL said, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of THIS MYSTERY, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that BLINDNESS IN PART IS HAPPENED TO ISRAEL, UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILES BE COME IN." Therefore, the predominately Gentile Rapture comes first. They, the Bride of Christ, ALL sing the "NEW SONG" in Rev. 5:9. Then, on the Day of God's Wrath, the Rapture of the 144,000 of Israel will take place. Along with them come all the rest of the saved. However, only the 144,000 will be able to join the Bride of Christ and therefore be able to sing the "NEW SONG".

Rev. 14:3-5 says, "And they sung as it were a NEW SONG before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God."

PAUL REVEALED THE FIRST-TRUMP RAPTURE

In 1Th 4:16,17, Paul said, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

PAUL REVEALED THE "LAST TRUMP" RAPTURE

In I Cor. 15:51-53, Paul revealed the Last-Trump Rapture. He said, "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at THE LAST TRUMP: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

In Mt. 24:30,31, Jesus said, "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of A TRUMPET (i.e., the "last trump," not the 7th trumpet judgment), and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of HEAVEN to the other." When did these get caught up to Heaven? They are already there when it is time for the "LAST TRUMP" Rapture. It is clear to me that they were caught up in the FIRST TRUMP Rapture.

Luke 12:46 says, "The lord of that servant (the unwise) will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder (dichotomeo, bisect into two parts), and will appoint him his portion (i.e., the Tribulation) WITH THE UNBELIEVERS." Mt. 24:51 adds, "And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion (i.e., the Tribulation) with the hypocrites (hupokrites, pretenders; Thayer): there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (because they are left behind).

THE FIRST AND THE LAST

Mt. 25:2-12 says, "Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise (wearing white garments, they will be caught up first), and five were foolish (not wearing white garments, they will be caught up last). They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil (i.e., extra Holy Spirit) with them: But the wise took oil (Holy Spirit) in their vessels (i.e., bodies) with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone (lit., going) out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and THEY THAT WERE READY (i.e., the Holy Spirit filled Bride of Christ) went in with him to the MARRIAGE: and the door was shut. Afterward (i.e., after the Pre-Trib Rapture) came also the other virgins (i.e., the foolish Tribulation saints), saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not."

Mt. 22:8-14 says, "Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither NOT HAVING A WEDDING GARMENT? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and TAKE HIM AWAY, and cast him into outer darkness; THERE SHALL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH. For many are called, but few are chosen."

Mark 13:27 says, "And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the EARTH (i.e., the last trump Rapture) to the uttermost part of HEAVEN" (those that were caught up at the first trump, before the Tribulation.) 2Tim 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly DIVIDING the word of truth." In Mark 4:11, Jesus said, "Unto you it is given to know the MYSTERY of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, ALL THESE THINGS ARE DONE IN PARABLES".

THOSE WHO ARE CAUGHT UP FIRST WILL ESCAPE THE TRIBULATION

Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

> > Why would Jesus not choose himself to reveal the mystery of the first trump rapture in the Olivet discourse?

He gave the Olivet Discourse before his death and resurrection. His disciples were having trouble comprehending that, so he soft-pedaled the Rapture, but he did introduce it in a veiled way so we could tie it in later.

THE FIELD IS THE WORLD, ONE IS TAKEN, ONE LEFT BEHIND

In Mt. 24:37-42, he said, "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. THEN (FIRST RAPTURE) SHALL TWO BE IN THE FIELD; THE ONE SHALL BE TAKEN, AND THE OTHER LEFT. Two women (SECOND RAPTURE) shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."

TWO DAYS OF THE SON OF MAN, THE FIRST AS THE DAYS OF NOAH, THE SECOND AS THE DAYS OF LOT

Jesus gave us a little more about the Raptures in Luke 17:22. "And he said unto the disciples, The days (plural, two days) will come, when ye shall desire to see ONE (i.e., the first Rapture) of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it (i.e., get left behind).

Luke 17:23-37 says, "And they shall say to you (i.e., in the Tribulation), See here (the 1st Beast of Rev. 13); or, see there (the False Prophet): go not after them, nor follow them. For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day (the Day of the Lord). But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. And AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOE, SO SHALL IT BE ALSO IN THE DAYS (plural,TWO DAYS) OF THE SON OF MAN. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day (i.e., representing the Pre-Trib Rapture) that NOAH entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of LOT (i.e., at the Pre-Wrath Rapture); they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; BUT THE SAME DAY THAT LOT WENT OUT OF SODOM IT RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE FROM HEAVEN, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed (he is revealed in the Sign of the Son of Man on the Day of God's Wrath). In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is (HAVING BEEN CAUGHT UP IN THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE, THE BODY OF CHRIST IS IN HEAVEN), thither will the eagles (THE HIGH FLYING TRIBULATION SAINTS) be gathered together."

Isa 40:31 says, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; THEY SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS AS EAGLES; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

> > We will escape the Wrath of God!

Not if you are caught up at the 7th trumpet judgment. The 7 trumpet judgments are the wrath of God. That is the day the towers fall.

> > I submit that Luke 21:36 speaks to God's Wrath on the last day which we will escape from via rapture.

However, Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape ALL these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Only those caught up in the Pre-Trib Rapture will "escape ALL these things that shall come to pass."

> > I believe the 7 trumpets do not yet count as God's wrath.

At the 2nd trumpet, God's wrath strikes the Mediterranean Sea. Rev 8:8,9 says, "And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain (i.e., asteroid) burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed."

At the 3rd trumpet, God's wrath strikes Babylon. Rev 8:10,11 says, "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star (aster) from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

Isa. 22:18,19 says, "He will surely violently turn and toss thee (Satan's home, the asteroid Wormwood) like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house. And I will drive thee from thy station, and from thy state shall he pull thee down."

> > God is allowing Satan's wrath against believers all throughout the Muslim nations and China and elsewhere today. The last 7 years, though intense, will be no different. Get ready, because we're going to live through it.

I don't think so. The first 1260 days will be different. Moses and Elijah will be on Earth. Rev 11:5,5 says, "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will."

The last 1040 days will be vastly different. The False Prophet will force everyone to take the Mark of the Beast to be able to buy and sell, and anyone who does take it can't be saved.

> > I reject a First Trump rapture. There is only a Last Trump rapture, which IS the seventh trumpet.

Just be careful to be ready at the time of the First Trump Rapture, or you could really get caught up with the foolish virgins in the "last trump" Rapture. At that time, Rev. 6:15-17 says, "And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne (this is the Sign of the Son of Man), and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" Not many, because of the worldwide earthquake in which every wall will fall (Eze. 38:18-20).

> > The key is it to understand Revelation is that, though the visions were given to John in a series, the visions themselves overlap each other in time. Note the 5 marker connection among the 7th seal, trumpet, and vial. I made a good argument earlier that the 7th seal, 7th trumpet and 7th vial all occur on the same day. They overlap. Therefore, when the angels were given the seven trumpets, you are actually going back in time to before the 7th seal. The first trumpet likely occurs well before the seventh seal. This is why Revelation can be so confusing. You read it and think it all takes place in chronological order. This is not so. There are multiple overlapping visions, and the studier mustece them together like a jigsaw puzzle using markers, repeated information, similarities, and other evidence given to the reader. When I finally understood that, THEN I accepted the post-trib position.

And there is your downfall. To me, this is how Jesus' miraculous screen play is organized.

TITLE: "THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST"

Revelation (apokalupsis) means appearing, coming, revealing. Jesus is revealed when he comes at the Pre-Trib Rapture. Rev 1:1 says, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things WHICH MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS." In this script, the Rapture will shortly come to pass.

AUTHOR, PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR: JESUS CHRIST

The script "of this prophecy" (Rev. 1:3) is written in "this book" (Rev. 22:10) by John, cast as narrator, scribe, observer and participant. John "bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw" (Rev. 1:2).

SETTING: WHEN THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE IS AT HAND

It is "at hand" in both the first and last chapters.

Rev. 1:3 says, "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND."

Rev 22:10 says, "And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND."

Jesus signs off in Rev 22:20 saying, "Surely I come quickly. Amen."

Jesus is revealed to the church at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture. In his monologue, he says to "the church of Ephesus,"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I WILL COME UNTO THEE QUICKLY, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent" (Rev. 2:5).

INTRODUCTION

"John to the seven churches which are in Asia...." (Rev. 1:4).

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness (Rev 1:5).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which IS (i.e., at the Pre-Trib Rapture), and which was (at the First Advent), and which is to come (at the Second Advent), the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

PREVIEW: THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE

Rev 1:9-15: "I John...was in the isle that is called Patmos (meaning mortal), for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was (lit., became) in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a TRUMPET (i.e., it's the first trump Rapture), Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars (i.e., having just caught them up): and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword (i.e., to cut off the foolish virgins, Luke 12:46): and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

ORGANIZATION OF THE SCRIPT

Rev 1:19: "Write the THINGS WHICH THOU HAST SEEN (i.e., before the Pre-Trib Rapture), and the

THINGS WHICH ARE (at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture), and the

THINGS WHICH SHALL BE HEREAFTER" (after the Pre-Trib Rapture).

FIRST: THE CHURCHES AS SEEN ON EARTH 10 DAYS BEFORE THE RAPTURE

Rev. 2 and 3.

Rev. 2:10: "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation TEN DAYS: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

Crowns are given at the Pre-Trib Rapture (Rev. 4:4).

SECOND: THE FIRST-TRUMP PRE-TRIB RAPTURE (I Thess. 4:13-18)

Rev 4:1,2: "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a TRUMPET (i.e., the first trump of God) talking with me; which said, COME UP HITHER, and I will shew thee things which must be HEREAFTER. And immediately I was (lit., became) in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven"

THIRD, THE THINGS THAT ARE HEREAFTER THE RAPTURE

Rev 5:8-10: "prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to TAKE THE BOOK, and to OPEN THE SEALS thereof: for thou wast slain, and HAST REDEEMED US TO GOD BY THY BLOOD OUT OF EVERY KINDRED, AND TONGUE, AND PEOPLE, AND NATION; And HAST (past tense) made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall (future tense) reign on (epi, on or over) the earth."

AFTER THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE

1. THE TRIBULATION (7 YEARS) - ITS ORGANIZATION

a. 7 SEALS (7 YEARS)

b. OUT OF THE 7TH SEAL (7th year) COME 7 TRUMPETS OF GOD'S WRATH, ALL HITTING IN ONE DAY, JUDGMENT IMPOSED AT THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST ON THE DAY OF GOD'S WRATH

c. OUT OF THE 7TH TRUMPET COME 7 VIALS THAT FILL UP THE WRATH OF GOD, SPREAD OUT OVER THE 7 MONTHS (Eze. 39:12,13) BETWEEN THE DAY OF GOD'S WRATH AND THE SECOND ADVENT

2. THE LAST-TRUMP OF GOD, THE PRE-WRATH RAPTURE, PRECEDING THE WRATH ON THE DAY OF GOD'S WRATH

3. THE CORONATION OF CHRIST IN HEAVEN

4. THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB IN HEAVEN

5. THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST IN HEAVEN

6. THE WRATH OF GOD ON EARTH, ON JESUS' LONG DAY, HITTING AT ONCE, BUT WITH THE MAIN EFFECTS LASTING SEVEN MONTHS

7. THE MILLENNIUM STARTS ON JESUS' LONG DAY, THE DAY OF THE LORD, THE DAY OF GOD'S WRATH, THE FEAST OF TRUMPETS, THE 1ST DAY OF THE CIVIL YEAR

8. THE SECOND ADVENT 7 MONTHS LATER, ON THE 1ST DAY OF THE REGNAL YEAR

9. ARMAGEDON

10. PUTTING SATAN AND HIS ANGELS IN PRISON

11. PUTTING THE JEWS ON THEIR OWN LAND IN ISRAEL

12. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT AT THE END OF THE MILLENIUM

BESIDE THE MAIN POINTS, THERE ARE SOME PARENTHETICAL SKETCHES THAT ADD DETAILS WE NEED TO KNOW

There will be match marks to show us where they fit into the general plan.

In general,

Rev. 11 starts at the Pre-Trib Rapture ("Rise") and runs all the way to the Judgment Seat of Christ, when the saints in Heaven receive their rewards and the unbelievers on Earth receive God's wrath.

Rev. 13 starts at the beginning of the Tribulation and runs to the reign of the False Prophet.

Rev. 14 runs from the Pre-Wrath Rapture to God's Wrath.

Rev. 17 takes place at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture.

Rev. 18 takes place at time of the Pre-Wrath Rapture and describes the asteroid impact that destroys Babylon after all the saints are in Heaven.

Rev. 22 describes Heaven and goes back to show that the Pre-Trib Rapture is nigh. Agape

My Note: He still thinks there is only a "Post Trib Rapture," but he will be ready if there is one. Thank you Lord. He didn't make any comment on the way I think The Revelation of Jesus Christ is organized.

   Pro and Con 1466   Or Return   Home

Contact me for more information at: mjagee@verizon.net

Send me e-mail now

8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (951) 653-4110

© 1996-2008, Marilyn J. Agee; Updated 1-12-09