Pro and Con 17

Incoming mail

The Princess of Wales, may she rest in peace ...

Those who doubt that a bright star was removed from thefirmament should review the film of her comforting a dyingpatient in a hospice, kissing a child stricken with aidsor talking about the evil and barbarity of land mines.

The Great Mystery which I am unable to solve is why such goodness should be taken so early from a world cursed with evil, whilst evil-doers seem to prevail....

My reply

Choices. We are all given choices. If Diana had not chosen to ride with someone who had too much alcohol in his blood at the time, she might be with us today. Some choices lead to life. Other choices lead to death.

Let us just hope that she truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ. We should all make the choice for Christ as soon as possible, for we do not know when an unexpected event might take us out of here too quickly for us to choose for Christ at that time.

My Outgoinging Mail to Another

Here is an email I received this morning on the Internet. Since it is on Predestination, I thought you would like to see it too.

If everything was predestined to happen a certain way, we wouldn't have free will. As it is, we all have choices to make.

If Princess Diana had not made the choice to ride in a car with someone who had too much alcohol in his blood, she might be with us today.

If my brother, who was killed in a helicopter crash in Tiawan during war games with the Chinese in dense fog, had not chosen the military for his career, he might be with us today. That choice was his. He liked to fly. When he was able to see that he was in a box canyon, he had 6 seconds to react. He was on his way up when the crash occurred. I thank God that he was a Christian so he continued on up to Heaven while the copter burned on the hillside.

His commanding officer was killed also. He was the one who had made the final choice for three of them to fly in bad weather. My brother had not wanted to since that Huey helicopter did not have proper instruments for flying in fog, but had to obey his commanding officer. They flew and died.

The Chinese were smarter. They had called off the exercise. Their choice led to life that day. My brother's commanding officer's choice led to death for three men. The outcome would have been different with different choices along the way. We all have choices (as Adam and Eve had choices).

Incoming Mail, England's Rose

I just wanted to say that I agree with your comment to the one e-mail you received where the person was talking about wondering why someone so good as Princess Di was taken away so young, yet many evil doers live and flourish. You commented that you hoped Di truly did believe in Jesus. It sorrows me greatly as a born-again christian to see people throughout the world "assume" that just because someone was "good" or appeared "good" that automatically guarantees them a passport to paradise. No matter how many good deeds Di did - no matter how many charities she help or assisted, if she was NOT relying on JESUS alone as her means of salvation, she was lost and died without hope and without Christ and went into a Christless eternity. I shudder to think of that - of someone of her caliber living from day to day having her every need met from one minute [ in the lap of luxury], then the next moment plunged into an abyss from which there is no escape. I too hope she was born-again, saved by the Blood of the Crucified One. If not, "England's Rose" truly will NEVER bloom again - a sad and tragic end to a life of glitter and glamour and worldly prestige. If she never KNEW Jesus, I wouldn't trade shoes with her right now for all the treasures of the universe! For her light will "never shine again". She will be in outer darkness forever...

The next thing I expect to see are Tabloid headlines announcing "Miraculous app earances of Diana!" and "Diana Lives again." and "Diana's GHOST seen in Westminster" and "St. Diana cures child with terminal illness," and "Di seen alive in Eastern country" and "Di speaks through Californian psychic," and on and on and on.... just like they did with Elvis and are still doing! And I am sure we'll see the same stuff on Mother Teresa!

I am looking forward to your new book in December!

Incoming Mail

I just finished your book, "Exit 2007". Excellent reading. Insights that would genuinely need God's guidance.

Incoming Mail, Re: question

I just wanted to know what your views are on the False Messiah at the end of time? Also, the word Rapture isn't in the bible, how can anyone say that this is going to happen when God's Word doesn't say it, if you read it by chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't believe that the church is going to be raptured up before the last day. It says in the bible that the Spear Messiah is going to appear first and I believe that this rapture is what the Spear Messiah is going to use then, and a lot of people are going to hop the ship then.

My reply

Re: views on the False Messiah at the end of time

Time does not end until the end of the Millennium. By then, the False Messiah has been in the Lake of Fire during almost the whole Millennium. Rev. 19:20 says that after Armageddon, "These both (Beast and False Prophet) were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

I think the Beast is the first "beast" of Rev. 13 and that the False Prophet is the second "beast." The second one speaks "as a dragon," so he is the final Antichrist. I expect the first Beast to rule over the world church and world government during the first 42 months of the seven-year Tribulation, the satan-possessed False Prophet to rule over the same during the last part of the shortened 2300-day (Dan. 8:14) Tribulation. It seems that a Satan-engineered accident will incapacitate the first Beast long enough for the False Prophet to pull off his coup and take over the reigns of the world church and world government without actually being elected to office.

Re: the word Rapture not being in the Bible

In the King James Bible, the Rapture is when "the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (I Thess. 4:16,17).

The word for "caught up" in my Latin translation is ""rapiemur." Our English word Rapture, used to describe the "apostasia," departing, is derived from "rapiemur."

> I don't believe that the church is going to be raptured up before the last day.

If you do not believe in a Rapture, why do you believe that the church is going to be raptured up the last day?

> It says in the bible that the Spear Messiah is going to appear first

I do not think the words "Spear Messiah" appear in the Bible. I assume that you mean "that Wicked" one of II Thess. 2:8. The Wicked One is the False Prophet, "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan" (2:9).

Verse 3 says, "LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU by any means: for that day (the Day of the Lord, the Millennium) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition." This "falling away" is the "apostasia," the departing, the Rapture.

In other words, the Rapture precedes the revealing of the False Prophet when he and the Beast sign the 7-year peace treaty as the Seventieth Week of Daniel (the Tribulation) begins on the Feast of Weeks in 2001. The appearance of the False Prophet precedes the beginning of the Millennium.

> I believe that this rapture is what the Spear Messiah is going to use then, and a
> lot of people are going to hop the ship then.

If you believe that the False Prophet is going to rapture people, you are accepting the wrong Messiah. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the one who will catch us up to be with him in Heaven. The False Prophet will end up in the Lake of Fire.

Incoming Mail, Re: Little Children

I read the pro and con 16 today and was struck by the statement you made about the college kids in your Bible study being the ones 1 John was written about. If we follow the same pattern as the children 19 years old and younger that went into the promised land in the old testament, could it be that the children who were 19 years old and younger at the time of the sign of the end of the age are the ones that John is speaking to specifically in 1 John? The tone of the whole book takes on a very urgent sound if read with this idea in mind. In Matthew 24, Jesus says right after He gives the parable of the fig tree, that this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. I was 15 years old during the six day war. I turned 16 later that same year. If I'm not stretching the meaning of scripture, this would mean anyone born during the last half of 1947 and forward, would be in that specific generation. I'd like to see your comments on this.

My reply

I started to read your email and just then realized that my daughter was 19 in 1969, when this impromptu Bible study started. That kinda startled me. I had not thought about that before. The others were around that age too. Most of them were attending a 2 yr. college. Another astonishing thing is that there were 19 kids in all that came to the Bible study.

> could it be that the children who were 19 years old and
> younger at the time of the sign of the end of the age are the ones that
> John is speaking to specifically in 1 John?

Yes. He mentions little children in 4 of the 5 chapters. However, he does include fathers and young men in 2:13,14.

"MY little children, these things write I unto you" (2:1)
"I write unto you, little children" (2:12)
"I write unto you, little children" (2:13)
"Little children, IT IS THE LAST TIME" (2:18)
"And now, little children, abide in him; that, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR (i.e., at the Rapture), we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming" (2:28)
"Little children, let no man deceive you" (3:7)
"My little children, let us not love in word...but in deed and in truth" (3:18)
"Ye are of God, little children" (4:4)
In the last verse, he says, "little children, keep yourselves from idols" (5:21).
That last verse is good advice for any time, but especially for those living at the end of this age when the abomination of desolation will be placed at the temple.

The passage in 2:12-14 is interesting. John includes the fathers and young men, but then seems to explain why he included them. He said, "I WRITE unto you, little children. because your sins ARE forgiven you for his name's sake. I WRITE unto you, fathers, because ye HAVE known him that is from the beginning. I WRITE unto you, young men, because ye HAVE overcome the wicked one. I WRITE unto you, little children, because ye HAVE known the Father. I HAVE WRITTEN unto you, fathers, because ye HAVE known him that is from the beginning. I HAVE WRITTEN unto you, young men, because ye ARE strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye HAVE overcome the wicked one."

The Rapture is still future, but it is "the last time," probably the last 40 years, which means testing and probation.

The 19-year olds are still considered the young. They are all "young men." Some of them are already "fathers." Therefore, those born in 5708 (our 1947/1948) will see the return of Christ in their lifetime. Those 19 and under when Israel grew leaves in the Six-Day War of 1967 will be tested in the "wilderness" 40 years. Then they will cross over the Jordan, literally or figuratively, and go into their promised land, be it Heaven (Rapture II), Hell (death of unbelievers) or on the surface of the Earth (live on into the Millennium). But remember this; some went into the promised land to spy it out earlier. This represents the first Rapture.

Incoming mail, Re: The Time of the Rapture

Just read most of your web page and found it most interesting. I have always been drawn to those who receive special messages from the Lord, but learned a long time ago that there are many false messages being received. I am not saying yours is false, just that I am reserving judgment until i study and pray more on the subject.

I would like to think that it will be on May 31, 1998, as I am anxious for the Lord's return, with the exception that I have a few family/friends I would like the Lord to reach before that happens.

I will continue to check your site for updates. Thank you for bringing this subject a little closer to my heart and mind. It has kindled a new flame to "be ready". Thank You

My reply

You make me so happy when you say,

> It has kindled a new flame to "be ready". That is what it is all about.

Reserving judgment until you study and pray about it is the right way to go. Don't accept anything anyone says unless it jibes with the Bible.

That is why I like a church where they all open their Bibles and are taught right from the Scripture. If the Bible says it, I believe it. If it is not in Scripture, I don't believe it. To get me to accept what they say, they must show me the scriptures that back it up.

Incoming mail, Re: pro and con

Dear marilyn, on reviewing some of the email messages you have received and uploaded, it is apparant that there is a large mass of Christians who have been putting in a lot of time and study into the endtimes. It is interesting the pearls that appear from time to time in those messages. It is also interesting that these pearls only enhance the concept of the two raptures. The more input learned, the more valid it appears. Nothing so far has believably discredited your theses.

My reply

Thanks. I appreciate this greatly since I know how much you have studied too. I like it when people share what they have turned up with me. When we put things together, new things often come to light. What one says triggers the other to make new associations. This way, we can all learn more. There is no end to learning from Scripture.

Incoming mail, Re: "watching" for the rapture

I read with astonishment (in the good sense) your book on the rapture. The insight was absolutely incredible. However, I am still troubled by your reasoning that just because the Lord commands us to "watch" that this is an automatic license to know when He will come. I think the Lord's parable about the thief coming upon the person who does not watch has a lot of meaning which you have not picked up upon. Suppose I don't know what time a thief is going to break into my house but the thief is planning to come sometime about 4AM. I can watch all day and night but I still don't know when he is coming until he actually arrives at 4AM whereupon I let loose w/ a round of buckshot. Watching did not give me the time of his arrival. On the other hand, were I to know the exact time he was planning to come I wouldn't have to watch. I would just set my alarm for 3:59 and then pick up my gun. See what I'm getting at? The very fact we know when the Lord will come causes us to not watch until the minute before He arrives. We then just rouse out of our slumber, wash our garments and then wait for a minute or so for His arrival. The very fact that we are watching implies that we don't know His arrival until the moment it happens and then we are not caught like the unprepared servant. Knowing the time of arrival implies, by our very nature as human beings, that we will slip on the watch, not deliberately, but just because the knowledge cannot help but lull us into a sense of security and, hence, a tendency to break the watch. Please give me your thoughts on this rationale....Thank you. I know you're a very busy person and I appreciate the time from your schedule.

My reply

> I read with astonishment (in the good sense) your book on the
> rapture. The insight was absolutely incredible.

Thank you for these kind words. The credit for special insight goes to the Lord. On my own, I would not have gotten any farther than the ones who wrote all those books I read from BIOLA's Seminary Collection. I asked to know everything the Lord wanted man to know about the Bible--everything--all the deep things, and he answered my prayer. That's all. He opened my understanding. I didn't know what I was asking. Even after seven years of reading those books constantly, I had no idea what all was in Scripture. There were more "deep things" than I realized. Only God could have packed so much information into such a small book. No man could have produced the Bible. It is truly God breathed.

The parable about the wise and evil bondmen in Matthew 24:42-51 says,

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come (could indicate that we can know the day, but not the hour). But know this, that if the ('the,' with the article) goodman of the house (Green's Interlinear, 'the master of the house,' i.e., the Reverend over the church) had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house (church) to be broken up (Green, 'dug through'). (The Philadelphians are raptured, the Laodiceans are left behind.) Who then is a faithful and WISE servant (Green, 'bondman'), whom his lord hath made ruler (the Reverend, or minister) over his household (the church), to give them meat (the deeper things) in due season (when Christ's coming is near)? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh (at the Rapture) shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that EVIL servant (bondman) shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion (ten years, Rev. 2:10, from Rapture I in 5758 to Rapture II in 5768) with the hypocrites (Luke 12:46 says, 'appoint him his portion with the unbelievers,'): there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Remember that there were Pharisees who did not recognize His first "due season." Today, there will be priests who do not recognize His second "due season."

> The very fact we know when the Lord will
> come causes us to not watch until the minute before He arrives.

Knowing that it is near should make all the wise virgins draw closer to the Lord, confess our sins, be filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit, witness to family and others, tell them of the hope that is in you, and send treasures ahead to Heaven. Waiting until the last minute, when we do not know the hour, even which watch of the night, could catch us without enough oil like it did the foolish virgins.

Luke 12:35-40 says,

"Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return FROM the wedding (i.e., at Rapture II, when the Tribulation saints will be ready and waiting eagerly); that when he cometh and knocketh (like at the door of the Laodiceans), they may open unto him immediately (those in Song of Solomon 5:2-6 did not open quickly enough). Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily (means this is important) I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them (at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb). And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through (split into Philadelphians and Laodiceans). BE YE THEREFORE READY ALSO: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

Incoming mail, Re: i want to know

I was wondering if you could clear something up for me? why does it say in 1 thessalonians 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a theif in the night? and also in Matthew 24:36 it says: But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.???? isnt that weird to you that you people have given an almost exact date of the return of our blessed Father? wouldnt that make you a date setter??? date setting in the last days was prophesized by the Lord and you will be judged for it. So please try not to set a date for the return of Christ because it cant be right!! God knows what your doing and he will suredly prove you wrong on purpose. do you people really beleive that you can escape the theif in the night? are you really immune to theft???????? If you can help clear this up for me please do so by e-mailing me at ...thanx and have a great day, praise the Lord, God bless all!!!

My reply

> why does it say in 1 thessalonians 5:2 For you yourselves know
> perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a theif in the night?

This passage is not talking about Jesus coming as a thief in the night at the Pre-Trib Rapture, but that the Millennium comes as a thief in the night. That is when Rapture II, the Pre-Wrath Rapture, takes place before Armageddon. In Rev. 16:15,16, Jesus says, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Habrew tongue Armageddon."

Here is what the passage in I Thess. 5:2-11 says:

"BUT of the times and the seasons, brethren (believers), ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord (the Millennium which cannot come until after Elijah comes, Mal. 4:5) so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction (the asteroid impacts on the day of thick darkness, the Day of God's Wrath, the first day of the Millennium) cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child (all Israel will be born in a day--that day (Isa. 66:8); and they (unbelievers) shall not escape. But Ye, brethren (believers), are NOT in darkness, that that day (the first day of the Millennium) should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober...let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation (these believers are already saved, i.e., have eternal life; this salvation is to be kept FROM the Tribulation [Rev. 3:10], i.e., be taken to Heaven in Rapture I). For God hath not appointed us (believers) to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him (go to be with him in Heaven at the Rapture). Wherefore comfort yourselves together" (as in the Rapture passage in I Thess. 4:13-18).

> in Matthew 24:36 it says: But of that day and hour no one knows,
> not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Many people think that we cannot know when the Rapture will take place, but "knoweth" is present tense in Matthew 24:36, also in Mark 13:32, where Jesus said, "But of that day and that hour KNOWETH no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." It was true that particular day. It was phrased carefully; he did not say we would never know. Jesus continued, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." What were we to watch for? and what were we to pray for? that we would know when the time is? Just ten verses before that, Jesus said, "But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you ALL things." All means everything, even the time of the Rapture and the Second Coming. When he said this, the Jewish month and day of the month of his Second Coming was already in the Old Testament, but not recognized.

Ezek. 29:17 sets Nisan 1, "first month, in the first day of the month." Then verse 21 says, "In that day (Nisan 1) will I cause the horn (king) of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth (the Logos, the Word, i.e., Jesus Christ) in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD."

Mark 13:35 says, "Watch ye therefore:for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning." Do you realize that Jesus did not say here that we would not know the day?

In Luke 8:17, Jesus said, "For NOTHING is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have."

If the believers are to know these hidden things, when do you think they will come abroad, before or after the Rapture?

We must not be like the people Jesus scolded when he said, "Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?" If they had studied Daniel 9:24f, they could have recognized that time.

In Acts 1:2,7,8, Just before he ascended, Jesus told the "apostles...It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power (exousia, absolute authority). But ye shall receive power (dunamis, delegated authority, ability under the filling of the Holy Spirit), after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you." The baby church received the power to know the times and seasons when the Holy Spirit was poured out on them 10 days later, on Pentecost. However, the church had to wait until they recognized the Sign of the End of the Age before they could put all the clues in place. This is why they were told to "Watch." Knowing hinged on the Sign of the End of the Age.

> So please try not
> to set a date for the return of Christ because it cant be right!!

I already have, right or wrong. I think Rapture I will be on Pentecost in 5758 (our May 31, 1998), Rapture II on the Feast of Trumpets in 5768 (our Sept. 13, 2007), and the Second Advent on the first day of the Jewish Regnal Year, Nisan 1, 5768 (our April 6, 2008, on the anniversary of the Crucifixion on April 6, 30 A.D.).

The Jewish year 5768 is a leap year. Therefore, there are 7 Jewish months between Tishri 1 and Nisan 1. This is what the Jews will be doing during those 7 months: "And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land. Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them (all but 1/6th of the united nations invading army will die in the catastrophe, Ezek. 39:2); and it shall be to them (the Jews) a renown the day that I shall be glorified (the Second Advent), saith the Lord GOD" (Ezekiel 39:12,13).

God bless your study of His word and help you to understand. In His love, Marilyn

My heartfelt thanks to all who like my Web Site. God's wonderful blessings on you all. May we meet at the assembly in Heaven right after the Rapture.

In Christ,
Marilyn
(Mrs.) Marilyn J. Agee


  Pro and Con 18

Or Return
Home


Contact me for more information. My e-mail address is: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1996, 1997 Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 9-13-97-97