Pro and Con 261

Uploaded 2-3-99

Incoming Email

At the risk of sounding very subjective, I, too, have had the number = "21" impressed upon me by - I believe- the Lord, repeatedly in the last = six months or so. So much so that each time I have a since of peace = that is tangible with the thought of, "All will be well -21"...When I = read the gentleman who said that the Lord had given him a vision with = the number 21...again, I was struck with awe and peace in the = confirmation...

Incoming Email

Because you have done, according to your own testimony, so much study into things related to prophecy, I will not do a lot of explanation work concerning what I am about to write. I have been a saved and born again child of God for about 28 (going on 29) years. During these past 28 or so years I have had the opportunity to read, see, or hear many things with regard to eschatology. Some were very good, and some were/are very warped, and nowhere close to being biblical.

I would like you to consider, if you haven't already, the following:

I will assume that you have read and studied material about Daniel 9:24-27, and will further assume that you have been familiarized concerning the creation week as a model for man's history as to the total of years; i.e., 1 day of creation stands for 1000 years of man's history (2 Peter 3:8 -- But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.)

In Daniel 9:24-27 God gives Daniel a format (if you please) of time related to his dealings with Daniel's people, Israel. There are 70 weeks (of years) given in that passage. Two places in the Old Testament that show that "one week" can be a total of seven years; and that this is the correct way in which to understand Dan.9:24-27.

In common understanding about Daniel's 70 weeks; 69 of them have already been accomplished, and one remains to be fulfilled. Traditionally, the 70 weeks started with the decree to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem (which I agree with; somewhere around 445 BC (?)), and the 1st 69 were finished at Calvary; with the last week (i.e., seven years) to be completed in the near future, after the "rapture."

As I have said, the standard view is that there are still seven years (one week) left, which will take place AFTER the "rapture" of the body of Christ. This may be wrong for the following reason:

The Lord Jesus Christ said, "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." (Matthew 24:22) Now, the Lord Jesus Christ did not say this as a trivial thing. He meant what he said; and I believe that you will agree with that. Also, the bible in three places says that God changeth times and seasons or that times and seasons are in his power -- Dan.2:21, Acts 1:7, & I Thess. 5:1; therefore, the times and seasons are NOT fixed, as we would count things being fixed.

A Christian will not know the day nor the hour of the day that the Lord will return; but he can know the times and the seasons (1 Thess.5:1-6).

Now, I believe that the Lord has already changed the times and seasons in the area of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy and one other point.

If you care to look at the verses in Dan. 9, you will notice that the bible doesn't say that Jesus would die (be cut off) to end the 69 weeks; the bible very clearly says that the 69th week would terminate at the point he was Messiah the Prince, or at his baptism. Then 3 1/2 years later he would be sacrificed (cut off) which would end the first half of the 70th week. Therefore, from his baptism to his death on the cross was three and one-half years; or, the first half of the 70th week, or as we know it, the first half of the time of Jacob's trouble (commonly called the tribulation).

With this in mind, there would be only (at the maximum) 3 1/2 years left to the last week of years (the 70th week). The second coming is dated as the feast of tabernacles and the feast of trumpets in the fall of the year (which is also the time of the year that the Lord was born), or Sept. to Oct.

Counting backward from Sept. to Oct. 3 1/2 years I came up with a date that closely matches yours -- the Spring of 1998 or 1999. (All of this is so and true, IF our calendars are correct [which they may not be] ).

There's another figure (220 days) which has to be taken in to consideration; which I will not deal with at this time.

And, there's Hosea 6:1,2 -- "Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." -- which has something to do with the time that the 2000 years (or, 2 days) begins and ends.

I hope you are correct in your calculations. I know someone will one day be correct. As for me, the sooner the better. waiting for the change and the shout

My reply

> creation week as a model for man's history as to the total of years; i.e., 1
> day of creation stands for 1000 years of man's history

It did, but roughly. When you add up the years given in the genealogies and other chronological information, you will find that 6040 years = 1998. What then? Adam was in the Garden of Eden 40 years, then judged after those years of probation and cast out of the Garden of Eden. Man's 7000-year test being mortal and knowing both good and evil seem to have started when Adam left Eden.

This 40 years of probation parallels the 40 years since 1967's Sign of the End of the Age. At the end of 40 years, Adam was cast out of the Garden of Eden near the Euphrates River. In our days, at the end of another 40-year period of probation, man will again be cast out of the area of the Garden of Eden--and the area of the Tower of Babel too.

> the 70 weeks started with the decree to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem
> (which I agree with; somewhere around 445 BC (?)

I think it started with the decree of Cyrus (Isa. 44:28) in 454 BC, as Martin Anstey determined. The 483 years of Dan. 9 - 454 + 1 for no zero year = 30 AD, the year of the Crucifixion.

> those days shall be shortened." (Matthew 24:22) Now, the Lord Jesus
> Christ did not say this as a trivial thing. He meant what he said

Yes, the last half of the Tribulation is shortened to 1040 days (1260 + 1260 - 2300 [Dan. 8:14] = 220) (1260 - 220 = 1040).

> the times and seasons are NOT fixed

They are fixed as chronology appears in the Bible. That cannot be changed. The Lord shortened the Tribulation, but he told us about it.

Note: "Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind."

> Now, I believe that the Lord has already changed the times and seasons in the
> area of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy and one other point.

You are cutting up the Bible. God's prophecies come true 100%.

> If you care to look at the verses in Dan. 9, you will notice that the bible
> doesn't say that Jesus would die (be cut off) to end the 69 weeks; the bible
> very clearly says that the 69th week would terminate at the point he was
> Messiah the Prince, or at his baptism. Then 3 1/2 years later he would be
> sacrificed (cut off) which would end the first half of the 70th week.
> Therefore, from his baptism to his death on the cross was three and one-half
> years; or, the first half of the 70th week, or as we know it, the first half
> of the time of Jacob's trouble (commonly called the tribulation).

A friend of mine looked at your email. Here is what he said, "The idea proposed by ------ on Daniel is based on a mis-quote on his part.

"It's not "3 1/2 years later" but is threescore and two weeks or AFTER 62 weeks of the 70 weeks. I think this is where he went wrong."

I agree. Dan. 9:26 says, "after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off (killed)." This 62 plus the 7 previous weeks add up to 69 that have passed. We now have one week to go, the Tribulation. Jesus was/is "Messiah the Prince." He did not become "Messiah the Prince" at his baptism. At that time, he began his ministry because he was about 30 years old, the age when a priest began to serve. The priest was born a priest, a Levite, and began to serve at 30 years of age.

> The second coming is dated as the feast of tabernacles and the feast of trumpets in the fall
> of the year (which is also the time of the year that the Lord was born), or Sept. to Oct.

The Second Coming is on Nisan 1, the first day of the Regnal year (Ezek. 29:17,21; Hos. 6:3; Joel 2:23). The First Advent was on the Feast of Trumpets, Tishri 1 (Hos. 6:3).

> And, there's Hosea 6:1,2 -- "Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and
> he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us:
> in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." -- which has
> something to do with the time that the 2000 years (or, 2 days) begins and ends.

In Hosea 5:15, Jesus Christ is talking. He says, "I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face; in their affliction they will seek me early." Then in chapter six, Israel is talking. The nation was raised up in 1948, after the third millennium SINCE she was "killed" had started to roll, just as Jesus was raised up in the third day "since" he was killed. Agape

Incoming Email

CONFESS WHAT SINS? ABBA SEES US JUST AS HE SEES JESUS, PERFECT... GOD HAS MADE US RIGHT IN HIS EYES, HE DID EVERYTHING HIMSELF TO MAKE ALL THAT TRUST IN JESUS PERFECT. WHY DO I NEED TO CONFESS SIN, SINCE THE LAW HAS BEEN FULLFILLED...WERE THERE IS NO LAW THERE IS NO TRANSGRESSION OF SIN. NEW AND BETTER WAY. BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS THE PERFCT LAMB, IE SACRAFICE, ONCE AND FOR ALL, DONE AND DID WITH, I AM RIGHT WITH GOD...THOSE VIRGINS THAT DID NOT HAVE OIL TO ENTER ARE A TYPE AN D SHADOW OF THE O.T., the other agrement that was made with the Jews, not with us...

My reply

The Lord has set before the Philadelphians an open DOOR (Rev. 3:8). This is the church that displays love and has NO words of condemnation mentioned against them. The Laodiceans are blind. They think they have it made when they are not wearing white robes. They get chastened (Rev. 3:19).

The "door" is a symbol of the Rapture (Rev. 4:1). When was "door" first mentioned in the Bible? In the Berkeley Bible, Gen. 4:7 says, "If you do right, will there not be A LIFTING UP? But if you misbehave, sin is crouching at the door; its intention is toward you, and you must master it." Door is "pethach," opening, ENTRANCE of a door.

II Peter 1:1,4-10 says, "SIMON Peter...to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ...Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity (agape love, God's love). For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is BLIND (like the Laodiceans), and CANNOT SEE AFAR OFF (i.e., Heaven), and hath forgotten that he was purged from his OLD sins (when he accepted Christ). Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an ENTRANCE (i.e., the Rapture) shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

Why do you think I John 1:9,10 is in the Bible? It says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Paul said, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." The Pre-Trib Rapture is a prize to be won. Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be ACCOUNTED WORTHY to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." How will you escape if you are not "accounted worthy"?

As Eve was taken out of the body of Adam, the Bride of Christ will be taken out of the Body of Christ. It looks as if she will be as a wise virgin (i.e., sin free like the Philadelphians), not a foolish virgin (i.e., deserving chastisement like the blind Laodiceans).

If we are blind, "The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder (cut him off), and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers" (during the Tribulation).

Turn it around. If we are not blind, the Lord will come in a DAY when we "looketh" for him, and at an HOUR when we are "aware," and we will not get cut off.

Incoming Email

Re: One year grace period:
Just would like to add that if Daniel Chapter Four is a Sign of the Times of the Church, than it should be remembered that Nebachadnezzer 'prolonged' his 'Tranquility' by exactly one year. Hence, his insanity was put off for one year. So, it seems that God is making up this year in the Times of the Church, before He starts the last Seven Years of Insanity called the Tribulation. Yours in Yeshua, David Hill

Incoming Email

I enjoy your web site please keep up the good work.

I have a little study I would like to share with you that comes to the same conclusion via a different path.

What year was the year of the Lord's Crucifixion? I have read plausible propositions from 27 - 34 AD. If we know the day of the month and the day of the week the Lord was Crucified, we can eliminate some of the possible years of his death. Note if we know the year of the death we can likely within one year know the year of his birth.

The lord said he would rise on the third day. Lk.24:7,46 & Mt.16:21. In Mt.12:39-40, The Lord states he will be in the earth for three days and three nights. To reconcile these two statements he would enter the earth (tomb) just before night and exit at the end of the third day. Also it should be noted that the Hebrews and the Bible counts the beginning of a day with the sunset not the sunrise.

We know the Marys went to the tomb before dawn on the first day of the week (Sunday) Mt.28. Note the angel rolled away the stone but stated he has risen. The Lord did not need the stone to be rolled away for him. He had a glorified body by this time Lk.24:31. He had already risen. Therefore, it would not conflict with these scriptures if he had risen at the end of the day just before sunset on Sat.

We know that the lord was crucified as the sacrificial Passover Lamb on the preparation day of Nisan 14, Jn.19:14&42. The day before the High Sabbath. Accordingly, if the day of preparation was a Wed., - - Wed. Night would be one night, Thu. Night the second and Fri. night the third. - - Thu. day, ( the High Sabbath), first day, Fri. day, the second and Sat. day, (the Regular Sabbath), the third day. This is the only account that would fulfill the words of Jesus that he would rise on the third day, be in the tomb for three days and three nights, and encompass both the High Sabbath and the regular Sabbath. Note this would actually have the Lord's Resurrection on the Sabbath that is also called the Resurrection Sabbath.

I have researched a Hebrew Calendar for a Nisan 14 occurring on Wed. during the aforementioned time period. There were only two years that had Nisan 14 occurring on Wed. The 27 and 30 years. It should also be noted that Nisan 14 occurrs on Wed. this year. I believe that the second coming events will be in sync with the calendar concerning the days of the week and days of the month as they were during the first coming events. Looking Up

My reply

Glad you enjoy my Web site. On the study, I will give you what I believe.

> What year was the year of the Lord's Crucifixion?

30 AD. It is the only year that fits all the criteria.

> The lord said he would rise on the third day. Lk.24:7,46 & Mt.16:21. In Mt.12:39-40,
> The Lord states he will be in the earth for three days and three nights.

He was crucified on Thursday, Nisan 13, the day of preparation. The three days were Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The three nights were Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. The three days since these things were done were Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

> We know that the lord was crucified as the sacrificial Passover Lamb on the
> preparation day of Nisan 14...The day before the High Sabbath.

He was crucified on the preparation day of Nisan 13. John 19:14 says, "it was the preparation of the passover." Lev. 23:5 says, "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even (the beginning of the Jewish day) is the LORD'S passover." Therefore, the preparation day was Nisan 13.

Josephus said, "Nisan...on the fourteenth day...the Passover...The feast of unleavened bread...falls on the fifteenth day...on the second day of unleavened bread, which is the sixteenth day of the month, they first partake of the fruits of the earth, for before that day they do not touch them" (Antiq. X.5).

Also, the second Passover was on the 14th, not the 15th (Nu. 9:11). According to Jewish calendar laws, Nisan 13 can only fall on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. This eliminates a Wednesday crucifixion.

The Passover was a high sabbath. No work was to be done on days of "holy convocations" (Lev. 23:4).

> only two years that had Nisan 14 occurring on Wed...27 and 30 years.

I think Nisan 14 was on Friday in 30 AD. Agape

Incoming Email

...you say "I think I finally got the date of Pentecost nailed down today."

HOW? Care to expand?...

My reply

By now, you have probably already read it on Pro and Con 256. Here is a note I added:

Note: Being caught up to Shabbtai/Sabbatai, Saturn, on the Shabbat, Sabbath, would be very appropriate. Actually, I am not going to rule out Sivan 6, either, because the 2300 days of the shortened Tribulation seem to start on Sivan 6. The Talmudic Jewish Calendar lists both Sivan 6 and Sivan 7. I can live with that (May 21/22, 1999). However, in 30 AD, the day of Pentecost was fully come. That could give us reason to think Sivan 7 was the day.

Incoming Email

...I know i am saved but am so afraid of being left behind...Please help me, I hate being afraid. I know fear is of Satan and is a sin. I know you are busy but if you could just give me some words of encouragement it would really help....Anything you could say would help. Thank you for this

My reply

I'm sure glad you asked. I think some will be left behind (Lu. 12:46; Rev. 3:16), but I also think we can be confident of not being left behind ourselves if we use I John 1:9 and confess our known sins since the day we accepted Christ as our own personal Saviour. Then we are as pure wise virgins waiting for our Bridegroom.

When we accept Christ, all our "OLD" sins (II Pet. 1:9) are taken off the record. All we have to worry about later, is to be sure all sins committed afterward are brought under the blood of Christ, as when Jesus washed Peter's feet. "If we confess our sins (known sins), he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (known), and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness" (known and unknown) (I John 1:9).

Then as Jesus said when he washed Peter's feet, we are clean every whit. Then we are wearing white robes and will be part of the Bride of Christ. We are wise virgins with enough oil of the Holy Spirit to go with the Bridegroom when he comes (which can't be very far in the future).

Sin quenches the Holy Spirit in us. We are told to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The way we do this is to get sin out of the way. Then He is as a fountain of water welling up within us.

The Philadelphians have no condemnation mentioned against them. They have the open door placed before them. They are wise virgins and are ready when the Bridegroom comes. They are watching and patiently waiting.

Incoming Email

Just a quick message. Although many see that verse in Matthew as a reason not to speculate and search the scriptures for clues, I say the book of Revelation was written as a way of revealing "the day and the hour" to man. The Revelation is the appointed time that God revealed all to His son Jesus Christ. Has everyone overlooked the fact that God has revealed all to Jesus now that He has taken His place in the heavenlies? The work of salvation is nearly finished. To complete the work, they are united. How else would Jesus have been able to give such detailed visions on the end of time if He didn't know when it was going to happen?

It reads: "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass, .." Rev. 1.

By virtue of the fact that Jesus used the word "shortly" rather than "someday", tells me that everyone , including the heavenly host, know and have known since the vision was given to the angel to give to John.

What was hidden from the Christ is now revealed to the Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Root of David. Remember Jesus was the only one who could open the seven seals. I think his victory at Calvary ended the period of hidden things.For what purpose would God hide such a thing from Jesus now that all things have been given into His hands?

And the promise that God would not do anything without first revealing it to the prophets is another reason we must search the scriptures and have faith that God will not leave us here without a port in the storm.

An aside issue: Do you think Michael is the one spoken of in 2 Thes. 2:7 who restrains the wicked one and shall be removed out of the way, to allow the wicked one to be revealed? I thought of the verses in Daniel 10:21 where Gabriel says " there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." and connected that to Dan. 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people..." I thought of Jesus standing up in the temple and announcing "It is done." Rev. 16:17. Michael standing up might be the Old Testament way of discribing "Jesus" as the prince of Israel. Do you see any links here? Peace

My reply

> many see that verse in Matthew as a reason not to speculate and search the scriptures
> for clues

It seems that Mt. 24:36 was a delay switch to keep people from looking too much until it was time to look. The plan of the end times could not really be figured out until the Sign of the End of the Age appeared. They like to quote, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man," but conveniently fail to consider that "knoweth" is present tense (was true in that particular day) or to look hard at other scriptures.

Here are a couple they should look at:
Rev. 3:3: "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee." Turn it around. Then it would say that if therefore we shall watch, he will not come on us as a thief, and we shall know what hour he will come upon us. Luke 12:46 says of the unwise steward, "The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder (cut him off), and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers" (in the Tribulation). Turn it around. If he is a wise steward, the lord of that servant will not come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will not cut him off, and will not appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

> An aside issue: Do you think Michael is the one spoken of in 2 Thes. 2:7
> who restrains the wicked one

No, it is the Holy Spirit in the salt of the Earth. Salt retards the growth of leaven in breadmaking. When we are gone, wickedness will mushroom because there will be too little salt left to retard it.

   Pro and Con 262   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1998, 1999, Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 2-3-99