Pro and Con 280

Uploaded 3-8-99

Incoming Email

Just a passing thought: You have written that you are more convinced than ever that the date for the Rapture could be May 21st. This is a Friday. The "day" would actually begin on Thursday, May 20th at sundown. (The local sundown in Jerusalem would seem to be the benchmark for determining this.) As I thought about this it occurred to me that for Eastern Orthodox Christians, Thursday, May 20th is our Feast of the Ascension! There are many Orthodox Christians in Israel and the Middle East. So as soon as the Ascension is complete (at sundown), then the Jewish Pentecost occurs. Orthodox Christians will no sooner hear the last words of the angel ringing in our ears ("This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."), than it may actually come to pass! Of course, here in the USA, we'll still be in the midst of celebrating the Ascension when the 21st begins in Jerusalem. It really seems quite appropriate for the Rapture to occur in conjunction with the Ascension.

What do you think of this?

My reply

It sure would be appropriate. Hope it happens that way.

Incoming Email

greetings from Africa
I must say that I was greatly overwhelmed by the information you have put onto the internet,concerning especially the rarture.I must commend your vast resourses of research,and the best possible source of that same research-THE BIBLE.

Thank yo for making so many Christians and non-christians alike about this priceless information! I would be refreshed to receive a response from you Sir,and I plan to give this web sitwe to my friends and anyone who can basically have internet access. Thank you once again,and may God's rich blessings shower you,now and forever!

My reply

Thanks for letting me know that the information I post is appreciated even in a foreign country. When I saw a rectangle of light on Jer. 50:2, I read, "Declare ye among the nations." At that time, I had no idea of how this would come about. The Internet has made possible communication across the world in a way I could never have forseen, but God knew.

See you in glory. God bless you, in His Name

Incoming Email

Thank you for the very interesting article on the rapture. The Lord put a prayer in my heart recently to be praying for the brethern as I saw them in the fiery tests. That was to pray as Jesus prayed for Peter when he was to be sifted. I simply pray that their faith not fail them in the sifting and that they will return and strengthen their brethern. It is certainly a time that all of the church must intercede for one another.

May God bless you and your ministry.

My reply

Thank you too, and Amen for interceding for one another in prayer. We want them, having done all, to stand. We are to be rewarded for our patient waiting (Rev. 3:10).

Incoming Email

Re: RESISTANCE TO SATURN
Just read your Pro & Con 279 and found it to be uplifting, as usual. The first part where you witnessed so eloquently and effectively to the confused writer concerning Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons really touched me. I always love your site but if I got nothing else from it, that is worth it all as it says it all so well. I agree totally with your beliefs about Christ, the Bible, repentance, etc.

The part of your teaching that I have an inward resistance to is that heaven is on Saturn. I'm not arguing that you are wrong - I just think that the idea is so foreign to the picture I've been brought up with that it is taking a while to really examine your rational to get a proper perspective. Then the contributor in this Pro & Con added fuel to the fire and I am beginning to see the logic. I'm not throwing it out, in fact I'm beginning to embrace the idea that you may actually be right! I still don't have that inner conviction that convinces me that positively you are right, but my resistance is less. Plus, I really don't think it is as important if I totally accept the location of heaven as knowing that Christ is the way to get there. And as long as I am in Christ and He is in me, then He'll know the way.

I continue to long for the rapture as quickly as possible, continually confess daily my sins and shortcomings, and seek to live my life as a witness to God. I know that even though I stumble at times, He will always pick me up as I admit my part of falling and accept His gracious forgiveness. God is so good!

I will also continue to attempt to have an open mind about Saturn - if it is the location of heaven, then wonderful! I sure do look at the stars at night and wonder what it is going to be like when I am whisked up to meet the Lord. It makes the daily challenges I deal with on earth seem insignificant when I think of actually seeing and being with Jesus - wherever it may be!

I do have one quick question, as I watched Jupiter and Venus when they were so close recently, was that Saturn that was in line above them and Mars that seemed in line below them? I'm not too great about recognizing anything beyond the big and little dipper. I was blessed to have awesome views of Jupiter and Venus during those times from my kitchen window. The only reason I knew it was Jupiter and Venus was from your site. Thanks. Also thank you so much for continuing to be a true witness and blessing from God. I will continue to pray for you and Ed and your well being. In His love

My reply

You certainly don't have to know where Heaven is located. You can just do as I do on things I'm not sure of. Keep an open mind and look for more evidence to either prove or disprove it. It didn't come to me overnight. I didn't believe it when the thought first crossed my mind, or even later when I again ran across verses that suggested it. I said to myself, "Nah, that can't be." Finally, when I was writing chapter four of what turned out to be "Revelations 2000," it started making too much sense to push aside any longer. I quit writing and settled down to read every word of every version of the Bible I had and every one I could turn up at various libraries. I kept a legal pad with me and copied every verse that had anything to do with Heaven or the Lord's throne. When I finished, I knew. Then, to top it all off, I looked up sapphire (Ezek. 1:26; 28:13; Ex. 24:10) in Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary. It said, "fr. Skt Sanipriya, lit., dear to the planet Saturn, fr. Sani Saturn + priya dear." I pursed my lips, blew softly, and whispered, "Then it's true."

"Heaven Found: A Butter and Honey Star" got finished before I again took up explaining The Revelation. Heaven Found was a book that wanted to be written, only took a few months (the first one took 23 years). It seemed to have a mind of its own and was a total surprise to me. First, there was a 5 page, then 6, then 30-page report. When I got to 150 pages, I knew it was going to be a book in its own right. It ended up at 192.

Saturn has golden clouds and is marked with seven rings. Zech. 3:10 in the LXX says, "as for the stone which I have set before the face of Jesus, on the one stone are seven eyes (orbs, circles, i.e., rings)," and Saturn has seven rings.

In Rev. 4:3, "there was a rainbow round about the throne." In Ezek. 1:27,28, "it had brightness round about. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain."

> as I watched Jupiter and Venus when they were so close recently, was that Saturn
> that was in line above them and Mars that seemed in line below them?

Saturn is on top of the left leaning diagonal line. Under it, and for me, about halfway between Saturn and the horizon, is Venus. On down is Jupiter. At first, I could see Mercury just above the housetops at the lower part of the line, but have not seen it for several days now.

Keep tabs on Saturn and Venus each evening as soon as it is dark enough. Venus is on its way to point out Saturn to all those that have not been able to pick it out yet. Once found, we are not likely to lose it until it goes on the other side of the Sun. It is the slowest moving of all the planets. Watch as Venus seemingly catches up with Saturn. I think it will do an apparent retrograde loop near Saturn before continuing on its way along the ecliptic.

As I look for the planets these nights, I always look to the left a bit to see my old friend Orion, the easiest constellation to pick out in the winter sky, and Sirius, the brightest star, to the left of Orion.

Incoming Email

Regardless of when the Rapture ends up being, we know it has to be before the sixth seal. You may be right about two Raptures though, your evidence is compelling.

But anyway, thanks for all the info. from your book, "The End of the Age" and your web site....

My reply

Thanks for your nice comments.

I think the Pre-Trib Rapture is before the first seal and that the Pre-Wrath Rapture is between the sixth and seventh seals. As the sixth seal is broken in Rev. 6:12, "the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood." Compare that with Mt. 24:28: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light." In Rev. 7:14, the Tribulation saints are in Heaven. In Mt. 24:31 and Mark 13:27, the angels are dispatched to gather all his saints from one end of Heaven to the other and from one end of the Earth to the other. This is just before the seventh seal breaks in Rev. 8:1....

Incoming Email

Hi, would there be any significance to the Palestinians declaring statehood on Pentecost.

I believe that you are right this time concerning the rapture. If there is such a thing as truth--constant truth, I know the bible is it. And that would necessitate someone who could divulge it's message about God's plan.Otherwise you could call it the bable.

My reply

The Bible is true even if I am wrong. I hope I am right, but there are no guarantees. I am human, and not a prophet. We just need to get ready, wait patiently and see what happens.

Since the rain began the day Noah was shut into the Ark, it is possible that there will be trouble on Earth as soon as we are gone. We are, after all, the salt that is keeping evil from mushrooming overnight. From the Yom Kippur War, we know the enemy thinks a feast day is a good day to attack.

Incoming Email

thankyou marylin for taking the time to answer some of my questions. you know with all the strict rules in the mormon church, this way seems so easy. well i am going to read the bible, like you said. i have never read the whole thing, just bits and pieces.

one thing that concerns me is that my whole family is mormon, and some of them have died and i think that most of them will die mormon. if that church is not true, don't you think that they will be saved, because it is so hard to split from a church that your whole family supports. and the church is constantly telling you not to look into anti-mormon info. because it is just the devil trying to decieve you. i think many mormons go their whole lives without looking into other sides of the story because from the time they are children they are taught that it is wrong. we are a product of our environment and our teachers. they try, and are good people, doing what they think God wants them to do. i think that God, being just, will give them an opportunity, to know. its almost as if they are trapped. peer pressure traps them, culture traps them, comfort, it seems almost impossible.

well what does it mean that the pentecost is coming up? are you saying that the world is going to end around the first day of the year 2000?

My reply

Thanks for replying.

> you know with all the strict rules in the mormon church, this way seems so easy.

Proverbs 16:25 says, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end therefore are the ways of death." God created us and decided how we were to be tested. We have to "walk by faith, not by sight" (II Cor. 5:7). We can't change that.

Salvation is a free gift. We can't work for it. What is easier than accepting Christ as your own personal Saviour? Ephesians 2:8,9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Since you feel the need to repent, I assume that you have slipped and disobeyed at least one of the Mormon's strict rules, so you can relate to what I am about to say. Many people think they can be saved by obeying the Ten Commandments and the other laws that God set forth in the Old Testament. Those are God's perfect laws. Yet, no man has ever been good enough to be saved that way. One slip and they are lost and need a Saviour.

Romans 3:19-23 says, "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore BY THE DEEDS OF THE LAW THERE SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is BY FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST unto all and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference: For ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD."

> well i am going to read the bible, like you said. i
> have never read the whole thing, just bits and pieces.

It would be a good idea to start with the gospel of John and read through the rest of the New Testament first. John said, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, THE Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (John 20:31).

> one thing that concerns me is that my whole family is mormon...if that church is not
> true, don't you think that they will be saved, because it is so hard to split from a
> church that your whole family supports. and the church is constantly telling you not
> to look into anti-mormon info. because it is just the devil trying to decieve you.

If a family is involved in Satan worship, will they be saved because it is so hard to split from a belief system that their whole family supports? Will the leaders encourage them to look into anti-Satan-worship info?

In Matthew 7:13,14, Jesus said, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Romans 8:8,9 says, "they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF SO BE THAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN YOU. NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, HE IS NONE OF HIS." So, having the Spirit of Christ in us is of paramount importance. Without it, we can't be saved, and Christ is the only one who can baptize us with the Spirit of Christ. Thus, it behooves us to find out exactly who Christ really is and do whatever we have to do to get him to baptize us with the Spirit of Christ.

As we saw in the scripture above, the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are exactly the same thing. The Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost is also the same as the Spirit of Christ or the Spirit of God. This is because Christ is God--not a god, but THE GOD--not even one of three Gods, but one manifestation of the ONE GOD. Deuteronomy 6:4 says, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD (YHVH, Yahweh) our God (Elohim, plural) is one (echad, united) LORD (YHVH)."

In Isaiah 43:10,11, Yahweh told Israel, "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD (YHVH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me (YHVH), and UNDERSTAND THAT I AM HE (Christ, YHVH of hosts): before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD (YHVH); and beside me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 44:6 explains, "Thus saith the LORD (YHVH), the King of Israel, AND his redeemer (Christ) the LORD (YHVH) of hosts; I am the first (YHVH King of Israel), AND I am the last (YHVH of hosts); and beside me there is NO God."

In Rev. 1:8, Jesus said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY." In Rev. 22:13, Jesus also said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first (YHVH King of Israel) and the end (YHVH of hosts), the first AND the last."

Some people have the wrong conception of who JESUS really is. He is Yahwehshua (Yahweh is Saviour), Yahshua, Y'shua, Yeshua, Iesous, Jesus. That is sad, for only Jesus, who is THE Son of God, has the POWER to give US eternal life. In John 10:27-30, Jesus says, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I GIVE TO THEM ETERNAL LIFE; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE." In verse 37, Jesus said, "THE FATHER IS IN ME, AND I IN HIM."

John 12:44,45 says, "Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me, And he that seeth ME seeth HIM that sent me."

In John 8:24-29, Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for IF ye believe not that I AM HE (the Father), ye shall die in your sins....They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye KNOW THAT I AM HE, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And HE THAT SENT ME IS WITH ME."

In John 11:26,27, Jesus spoke with Martha, saying, "whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, THE Son of God." Do you believe this too?

Jesus is the one who baptizes believers with the Holy Spirit. In John 15:26, Jesus said, "when the Comforter is come whom I WILL SEND unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

The Lord Jesus Christ is NOT a god who used to be a man on another planet. He is NOT one who followed the laws and ordinances of that god on that planet and became exalted to godhood. He is so much more than such. He is the creator himself. "All things were made by him" (John 1:3). Only the Jesus of the Bible, the Word who "was God" and "was in the beginning with God" (John 1:1), can baptize us with the Spirit of God. And if we do not have the Spirit of God, we are none of his (Romans 8:9).

In I Corinthians, 15:1-4, the apostle Paul explained "the gospel...By which also ye are saved....how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

Do you believe this?

It is not hard to understand. However, in II Corinthians 4:3-6, Paul said, "if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of CHRIST, WHO IS THE IMAGE OF GOD, should shine unto them....For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of GOD IN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST."

II Cor. 5:19 explains, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself."

I Cor. 15:47 says, "The first man (Adam) is of the earth, earthy: the second man (Christ) is the Lord from heaven."

> what does it mean that the pentecost is coming up? are you saying that
> the world is going to end around the first day of the year 2000?

No. The Earth itself is here to stay. The Jews are promised the Earth. Psa. 115:16 says, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men." Civilization as we know it will be destroyed by the asteroid impacts (Rev. 8:8.10) in 2007, I think, but Christ will return seven months later (Ezek. 39:12) and refresh the face of the Earth as was done in Adam's day.

Psalms 102:25-26 explains, "Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish (damah, be brought to silence), but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed. But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end."

As for Pentecost. I am hoping that the Rapture, when Christ comes to take the Bride of Christ to their heavenly home, will be this next Pentecost, Sivan 6 or 7, 5759, on the Jewish Calendar (May 21 or 22, 1999 on our calendar).

Those that have accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour have a chance to be taken to Heaven before the asteroids strike Earth. I Thessalonians 4:13-18 tells us about the Rapture. It says, "I would not have you to be ingorant, brethren (believers), concerning them which are asleep (have died), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope (the Rapture is our 'blessed hope,' Titus 2:13). For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (Old English for precede) them which are asleep (have died as believers, asleep in Jesus). For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

I hope you will accept Christ and that I'll see you in glory very soon.

In Christ's wonderful love

Incoming Email

this popular dispensational, rapture doctrine was never heard of until the 1850's. john darby by the plymouth brethren began to propagate it, and this escape doctrine was accepted and it spread like wildfire in a dry forest. this doctrine was placed into scofield's bible in the early 1900's and was recived as though it was the apostolic teachings from the first century. please respond

My reply

That is not true. You sound like you are parroting something that someone else said without checking it out for yourself.
In his just-under-1500-word sermon (c.374-627), "On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World," Pseudo-Ephraem said, "All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins."

Incoming Email

Thank you for your website. It is a great reminder to hang in there though the road is tough. Many times I've found myself wavering but your words of warning have brought me back on track. I have a couple questions about the following verses and their relation to two subjects, cremation and the rapture.

Ezek 37:7-10 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but [there was] no breath in them. Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. AND Mat 27:51-53 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. AND 1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

Do the verses in Ezekiel portray a type of what God will do to human bodies before they are raised from the dead? Was the earthquake in the valley of dry bones and at Jesus death related, in that at both places God pulled bodies together and brought them back to life? Also, I do not feel cremation is appropriate for Christians but cannot find a Biblical reference. Therefore, I am wondering if a person is cremated and there are no bones for God to pull together, will that person not be raised to eternal life at the rapture? Thanks

My reply

> Many times I've found myself wavering but your words of warning have > brought me back on track.

I am glad. We need to be as steady as a rock right now. Our patient waiting will be rewarded. Rev. 3:10-12 says, "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience (waiting), I also will keep thee FROM the hour of temptation (peirasmos, trial), which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: HOLD THAT FAST WHICH THOU HAST, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God."

As for bones, no one is going to lose his salvation, no matter what happens to his bones. Do you suppose Adam's bones are still intact? The passage in Ezekiel was to show symbolically that Israel would be resurrected as a nation. We saw that fulfilled in 1948.

In the Pre-Trib Rapture accounts, no earthquake is mentioned.

   Pro and Con 281   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1998, 1999, Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 3-8-99