Pro and Con 459

Uploaded 2-29-00

Note: Please do not send me attachments with email. I will only read what is copied and pasted into the email document. My daughter got a virus that ate up her drivers. She could not get on the Internet, her PC didn't recognize her modem, etc. I went through virus troubles several years back myself. Got it from a dealer, too. Had to spend two full days making sure it was off of every disk I had. I don't want to risk it now.

Incoming Email

Re: Broken link at the bottom of PC457, the extention is ".shtml" instead of ".html"

My reply

I think I have it fixed now. Today is my first UL to my Web site from the new PC. I used FTP Control and it added .shtml. Why, I haven't the foggiest. I changed my links to read that way, but that didn't work either. I had to use Arachnophilia to get .html. It UL my whole directory, but that didn't hurt anything. I meant to UL 2 and got 8. It is not supposed to do that next time. (I am trying different HTML editors and FTP client programs.) I'll get the hang of what works for me, then stick with it.

I appreciate your letting me know, just in case I didn't know. This time, I was working on it, but I'd rather be told than not.

Incoming Email

Re: THANK YOU, child of God 2000 wrote:
First of all i would like to thank you for such a encouraging website.I belong to a nation of 1 billion human beings out of whon only few million call themselves christian.Most of us are new converts and are much persecuted for the sake of our Lord. Eversince the Hindu facists took power in India, life for the few christians of both Catholic and Protestants has become miserable.The catholic church has gone to sleep and only very few people there are engaged in preaching the gospel as for the protestants they have established big big churches but very few converts.The pentecostal movement has been growing in our country and more and more people have accepted Jesus Christ as lord and saviour. They have learned to survive among a hostile religion that is ignorant and totally baseless.

I was in tears when i accessed your website but logged out much happier.I dont know wether the dates are true(most of the worlds churches forbid it).

but i know something that there are people like you who have held out a torch of hope to suffering Christians.Thank you very much for encouraging us. The Lord uses brave Christians like you to comfort His children. My prayer to GOD is that may the message from people like you strengthen the Churches of India and give us a will to live on and proclaim the word with much joy.

As for myself i belong to a young generation of converts who face persecution even in our colleges as the Hindu fundamentalist movement is growing they are burning our Churches,Bibles,schools raping our nuns, murdering our missionaries expelling us from governemt institutions,hating us,blocking our funds and engaging against us in all known ways under the sun.

may the Lord show mercy upon them. We believe that many who hate us now will love Jesus oneday as the Lord will now gather his people from india and china. Please pray for us. GOD bless you always. your brother in Christ

"CHRISTIANS UNITE IN INDIA TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL OF THE LIVING SON OF THE LIVING GOD BREAKING ALL BARRIERS OF DENOMINATION IN THE END OF DAYS."

"FROM THE TEARS OF PERSECUTION THE LIGHT OF CHRIST SHALL REFLECT AS ALL LOOK TO THE EAST"

My reply

I am glad you like my web site. I will be praying for the Christians in India. So will others. Just in case the Rapture is soon like I think it is, get ready. Use I John 1:9, confess known sins since you accepted Jesus Christ to God so he can cleanse you of all unrighteousness. We have great need now of staying ready and of waiting patiently. We will be tested, but that doesn't last forever. The firmer we stand, the quicker it will be over.

Our patience will be rewarded. Rev. 3:10 says, "Because thou hast kept the word of my PATIENCE, I also WILL KEEP THEE FROM the hour of temptation (peirasmos, trial, i.e., the 7-year Tribulation), which shall come upon ALL THE WORLD, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be acounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man" (Lu. 21:36). In God's wonderful love

Incoming Email

Servant of Christ Jesus wrote:
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [2 Corinthians 11:14]

  The attributes of God:

Daniel 2:20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Daniel 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

The attributes of AntiChrist:

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Things the Antichrist will do:

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This already taken place. Where or what is the Temple of God???

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The AntiChrist(The Papacy) has already entered the Temple (Catholic believers).

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

My reply

> he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
>
> This already taken place. Where or what is the Temple of God???

This is the physical temple in Jerusalem. We are a spiritual house. This has not already taken place. It happens just as soon as Satan is cast out of heaven Mid-Trib. He immediately enters into the False Prophet and goes to the Temple. He kills Moses and Elijah that day too.

> The AntiChrist(The Papacy) has already entered the Temple(Catholic believers).

The Pope is not like the Holy Spirit that can enter into a man. I think the Beast of Rev. 13:2-10 will be the Tribulation Pope. The False Prophet of Rev. 13:11-18 will be a leader in Israel. Since he is the one Satan possessed (speaks as a dragon, v. 11), I call him the final Antichrist. Agape

Incoming Email

Can anyone who has doubts about the divinity of Christ go in the first rapture? Can you provide scripture about this? Thanks as always!

My reply

I'm not the judge; Christ is. However, it sounds like a serious matter. He told the Pharisees, "if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins...They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things" (Jn. 8:24-18). Agape

Incoming Email

Re: 1st rapture...who can go. Thank you. It is serious!...

My reply

...Jesus said, "I and my Father are one" (Jn. 10:30). "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" (II Cor. 5:19).

YHVH of hosts, in the OT, is the pre-incarnate Christ. Isa. 45:12-23 says, "I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded...saith the LORD (YHVH) of hosts....there is no God else beside me; a just God AND A SAVIOUR; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Heb. 1:1-3 says, "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; Who being the brightness of his glory, and THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

"The LORD (YHVH) hath made bare HIS HOLY ARM in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God...Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the ARM OF THE LORD REVEALED?...he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed...the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isa. 52:10; 53:1-6).

"Thus saith the LORD (YHVH) the King of Israel, AND HIS REDEEMER, THE LORD (YHVH) OF HOSTS; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Jesus said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning AND THE END, the first and the last" (Rev. 22:13). Agape

Incoming Email

How are ya? I was wondering what you think of this chronology of the crucifixion week.... http://philologos.org/bpr/files/Misc_Studies/ms-007-a.htm  If you get a chance to look it over, let me know what ya think. Sincerely

My reply

We are fine. Sorry to take so long to answer. It isn't because I haven't been busy. I have been losing sleep, only got 3 hours one night within the last week.

I disagree with Wayne Carver. He thinks the Crucifixion was Wednesday. I think it was Thursday, Nisan 13, in 30 AD. He does not tie in the year, and there have to be 40 years between the Crucifixion and the destruction of Jerusalem (4:6). Following are snippets from the file. My comments, marked with ***, will be interspersed.

http://philologos.org/bpr/files/Misc_Studies/ms-007-a.htm

CHRONOLOGY OF THE CRUCIFIXION WEEK, Radio Sermons, by Wayne Carver
The Christian Jew Foundation

So the killing of the Passover lambs began about two or three o'clock in the afternoon of Nisan thirteenth. Then by five to five-thirty in the afternoon, all the lambs were slain. Josephus confirms that in the years just before the time of Titus's destruction of Jerusalem, in 70 A.D., it was customary to slay the lambs between the ninth and eleventh hour (that is, between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM).

***The lambs were slain between 3 and 6 PM on Thur., Nisan 13 in 30 AD. Jesus died about 3:00 PM on Nisan 13, as the first Passover lambs were being slain at the temple.

So we can conclude that the terms associated with the observance of the Passover Feast which appear in the New Testament are used in accordance with popular usage in that day and not strictly according to the definition of the law of Moses.

***That is where he went wrong. God does not lie, he does not make mistakes, he is omniscient and in complete control of circumstances. From this point on, Wayne Carver is reasoning as a man instead of taking God's statements as absolute truth.

The Sabbath day's journey...Davis' Dictionary of the Bible states that the distance between Mount Olivet and Jerusalem, measured as the crow flies, is about 2,250 feet....

We know from secular records that some flexibility was allowed in the length of the Sabbath day's journey to permit Passover pilgrims encamped on the outskirts to come into Jerusalem. The walls of Jerusalem were considered as extended to encircle the encamped pilgrims during this season. The man-made regulation always permitted travel to any point within the city wall, since the Sabbath day's journey was considered to end at the city gate.

Bethany is fifteen furlongs (about 1 7/8 miles) from the actual walls of Jerusalem. John 11:18. Though this would have been slightly longer than a Sabbath day's journey, travel from Bethany to Jerusalem was permissible on the Sabbath, due to the "extended walls" of the Passover season.

But, a long eight-mile journey toward Jerusalem along the Jericho road by the Lord Jesus and all who were with Him would have been a clear violation of the Sabbath laws as most Jews understood them. Furthermore, the supper that Martha and Mary had prepared for Jesus on the day of His journey (if that day was a Sabbath day) would have placed them in violation of the Sabbath. The penalty for Sabbath violation was stoning to death by command of the religious authorities.

These facts lead to only one valid conclusion: the journey from Jericho was not made on a Sabbath day. Therefore, the triumphal entry could not have been made on a Sunday!

***I think Jesus traveled on Friday and arrived at Bethany around 6:00 PM, when the Sabbath began. The account does not say that the food was hot. Food was prepared on Preparation Day and served cold on the Sabbath. Jesus rested there on the Sabbath and then made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Sunday.

Our starting point is John 12:1-3. You'll recall that there had been several changes in the observance of the Passover since God had given this feast through Moses at the time of the Exodus.

Originally, Scripture referred to the fourteenth of Nisan as the "Passover" and the seven days of Nisan fifteenth through the twenty-first as the "Feast of Unleavened Bread." However, in the days of our Lord, the Jews referred to the entire eight-day celebration as both the "Passover" and the "Feast of Unleavened Bread" interchangeably. The high point in the celebration was the Passover Sabbath, which was observed on Nisan fifteenth. To the Jews of our Lord's day, this was the focal point of the entire celebration, and it was referred to as the "Passover." The day previous, Nisan fourteenth, God's Passover, was referred to as the Preparation day.

***I'll stick with Lev. 23:5: "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover." If Nisan 14 is the Passover, then Nisan 13 is Preparation Day. This agrees with Jn. 19:14-16: "it was the PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER (Nisan 13), and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King: But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him...Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be CRUCIFIED." It was "the first (prote; before, prior) day of unleavened bread, WHEN THEY KILLED THE PASSOVER." (Mk. 14:12). It "was the PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER" (Jn. 19:14). He was crucified on Thurs., died around 3:00 PM, on Nisan 13, in 30 AD, and arose in the night before Mary Magdalene visited the tomb early Sunday morning. He was in the heart of the Earth Thursday (day), Friday (night then day), Saturday (night then day) and Sunday (night). We have to keep thinking like the Jews. Their night preceeded their day for any one date on the calendar. If we think in terms of our days, we can lose one day in our calculations.

God used the modifications of the Jews to take the Lord Jesus Christ to the cross on Nisan fourteenth, God's Passover.

***Jn. 19:31 says, "The Jews therefore, because IT WAS THE PREPARATION (Nisan 13), that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) [Nisan 14, the Feast of the Passover] besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away." Remember, it "was the PREPARATION OF THE PASSOVER" (JN. 19:14), therefore Nisan 13.

Josephus also said that it was customary to kill the lambs between three o'clock and five o'clock in the afternoon before the Passover Supper, which then were roasted and eaten in the evening.

***That is correct. Jesus ate the last supper as Nisan 13 began so he could die as the Passover lambs were being killed.

WEDNESDAY Nisan 14th...God's Passover
Jews' "Preparation Day"...Jesus Crucified "Between the Evenings"

***I think Jesus was crucified, in 30 AD, between the evenings, 3:00 to 6:00 PM, Thurs., Nisan 13, the Preparation for the Passover, which follows on Nisan 14. Agape

Incoming Email

On P&C 457 the harvesting process of olives was explained. We were in Spain last summer, and they do indeed harvest olives in this way.

It is interesting to note that the oil of the first olive press is called "Extra Virgin" oil!

Hmmm.... reminds me of the parable of the oil lamps and the virgins.

My reply

Fantastic. Now, why didn't I think of that? I use olive oil and see that on the bottles on the shelves all the time. That is exactly what we need, the "Extra Virgin" oil! We want to be in the first "press." Agape

Incoming Email

Thank you for your detailed answers to my last 2 questions.  It has been my belief that the church, as a whole, is "asleep in the light" and needs to be awaken to "Be the Bride!"

I've been looking up scripural evidence that the Bride will be a small minority or the entire church when Jesus comes for them. The scripture in Matthew 22:14 that says "Many are called, but few are chosen" came to my mind, but I wasn't sure what context that passage appears. When I looked it up, lo and behold, it was the end of the parable about a king gathering people for a wedding! In examining the whole passage, the only part I was not sure of was verse 10 that implies that the "good", which I had thought referred to the righteous bride, were the guests at the wedding. I couldn't figure out how a Bride could be a guest at her own wedding. Finding out that the word for guest, the Greek word anakeimai, can mean those who "sit down, at meat, at the table" made it fit a little better. Following is my exogesiss of that passage. Could you go over it and tell me if there are parts that you disagree with my interpretation and if there is anything more you could add on this passage of scripture, Matthew 22:2-14.

2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king (Father God), which made a marriage for his son (Jesus),
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. (God had plans for a wedding for His son Jesus, the second Adam, from the time He created a Bride for the first Adam in the garden. His first invitation to be a part of the future wedding was rejected by everyone except Noah and his family.)
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. (Later, God made a covenant with Abraham, in which he was promised that His seed would be as the sands of the sea and the stars of the Heavens.  The sands of the sea represent the nation of Israel who will be given an earthly inheritance when they finally look on "he whom they pierced" and receive Him as their messiah at the end of the tribulation. But as a nation they were earlier betrothed, till they were divorced by God because of their disobedience and rebellion.  The stars of the heaven represent the church that is not the natural seed of Abraham, but have been "grafted in". Out of that church will come the Bride of Christ, which along with the tribulation saints that make up the rest of the church, will have a heavenly inheritance in the "New Jerusalem".)
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: (Jews are known to be astute businessmen.)
6 And the remnant (the Jews, a small part of the population of the world) took his servants (the prophets), and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king (God the Father) heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed (apollumi, can also be translated "to lose") those murderers (He "lost" them when He scattered them throughout the world), and burned up their city (the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD).
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. (Israel was divorced)
9 Go ye therefore into the highways (the Greek word, diexodos, can also be defined "an open square from which roads diverge": from first being offered to the Jews, the offer of salvation broadened out to the Gentiles, from which the majority of the Bride will be taken), and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad (the laodicean, foolish virgins) and good: (the wise virgins) and the wedding was furnished with guests (the Greek word anakeimai, which means those who "sits down, at meat, at the table". So all those that recline at the table of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will include those tribulation saints that are in the category of the foolish virgins and the Bride, those wise virgins who are ready when He comes for them.)
11 And when the king came in to see the guests (at the first rapture when He comes in to our atmosphere to receive His Bride who is watching and waiting for Him), he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: (the foolish virgin who did not have the fine linen garment of righteousness)
12 And he saith unto him, Friend (he was called friend, because he was born again, though his lamp did not have enough oil), how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away (airo, can also be translated "to keep the mind in suspense"), and cast (or send away) him into outer darkness (can be translated exterior place of obscurity) That foolish virgin will be sent away to go through the darkness of the tribulation period); there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (when the foolish virgins realize they missed the coming of the Bridegroom).
14 For many are called, but few are chosen. (to be the Bride)

Marilyn, thanks for any insight that you can give. Your Brother in Jesus

My reply

You are most welcome. Here is the way I see it. I did it the easy way. I copied your scripture quote and inserted my comments instead of yours. However, if my comment would be exactly the same as yours, I left yours.

"2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king (YHVH, the Father), which made a marriage for his son (YHVH of hosts, Jesus),
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden (Israel at Sinai) to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed (i.e., Old Testament days), and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant (the Jews) took his servants (the prophets), and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king (God the Father) heard thereof, he was wroth:"

These are "the days of vengeance" of Lu. 21:22. What happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD is a small picture of the final fulfillment, the Day of God's Wrath. That will affect the whole world.

One generation turns out to be 40 years plus 120 days. There will actually be 40 years plus 120 days from Iyar 28, 5727 (June 7, 1967), when Israel took the rest of Jerusalem, to the Feast of Trumpets on Tishri 1, 5768 (Sept. 12/13, 2007). This parallels the time from when Jesus entered Jerusalem on Sunday, Nisan 9 in 30 AD to Av 10 (as in Jer. 52:12), in 70 AD, when the Jerusalem and the temple were burned.

"and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city (the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD). 8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. (Israel was divorced) 9 Go ye therefore into the highways (i.e., to the Gentiles, from which the majority of the Bride will be taken), and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad (the laodicean, foolish virgins) and good: (the wise Philadelphian virgins) and the wedding (Marriage of the Lamb) was furnished with guests (the Greek word anakeimai, which means those who "sits down, at meat, at the table". So all those that recline at the table of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will include those tribulation saints that are in the category of the foolish virgins and the Bride, those wise virgins who are ready when He comes for them, all saints that are caught up in both the Pre-Trib and Pre-Wrath Raptures). 11 And when the king came in to see the guests (at the Pre-Trib Rapture), he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: (the foolish virgin who did not have the fine linen garment of righteousness) 12 And he saith unto him, Friend (he was called friend, because he was born again, though his lamp did not have enough oil), how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away and cast (or send away) him into outer darkness (outside the door of Heaven. That foolish virgin will have to go through the darkness of the tribulation period on Earth); THERE SHALL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH (when the foolish virgins realize they missed the coming of the Bridegroom).

Lu. 12:46 says, "The lord of that servant (the unwise steward) will come in a day WHEN HE LOOKETH NOT FOR HIM, AND AT AN HOUR WHEN HE IS NOT AWARE, AND WILL CUT HIM IN SUNDER (asunder, cut him off), and will appoint him HIS PORTION (the shortened Tribulation) with the UNBELIEVERS."

Mt. 24:51 says, "And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites (Pharisee types): THERE SHALL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH."

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man" (Lu. 21:36).

Peter listed things to add to our faith, "that by these ye might be PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE" (i.e., the Holy Spirit). They are, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity (God's agape love) "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind (like the Laodiceans), AND CANNOT SEE AFAR OFF (Heaven), and hath forgotten that he was purged from his OLD SINS (all committed before he accepted Christ). Wherefore the rather, brethren (believers), give diligence to make your CALLING AND ELECTION SURE: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an ENTRANCE shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (II Pet. 1:4-11).

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I Jn. 1:9).

14 For many are called, but few are chosen."

They "that are with him (Christ) are CALLED, AND CHOSEN, AND FAITHFUL" (Rev. 17:14).

I think there must be a love relationship. A bridegroom chooses a bride that is head over heels in love with him over another that is lukewarm toward him. Christ's love for us is sure. In Rev. 3:19, Jesus tells the Laodiceans, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and REPENT." We are the ones that should return that love. Then we will not have to be chastized to get us to repent. The Philadelphians are NOT told to repent. They already have. We should too.

In Rev. 3:3, Jesus said, "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."

"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day; we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober" (I Thess. 5:4-6). Agape

   Pro and Con 460   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@pe.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110


© 1996-2000, Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 2-29-00