Pro and Con 465

Posted 3-15-00

Incoming email

Note: Thanks for your prayers for my grandson, Brian. He is out of the hospital, but still needs our prayers.

Incoming email

From stevevonb@aol.com: Re: PRAYER REQUEST--SICK LOVED ONE
Please pray for my dear friend Kara's mother, who has had a gall bladder attack. This is just one in a series. It could be fatal.

Incoming email

GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT: FROM: Don Smith at MIT, 3-2-00
GRB000301C

D. A. Smith (MIT) reports on behalf of the ASM team at MIT and NASA/GSFC, and K. Hurley (UCB) and T. Cline (NASA/GSFC) report on behalf of the Ulysses and NEAR GRB teams:

The ASM has detected a GRB at 03/01/2000 09:51:37 (UTC). The burst showed a single peak with a simple fast-rise, slow-decay structure. The three ASM energy channels showed the strongest response in the 5-12 keV band, reaching a peak flux of 3.7+-0.7 Crab (5-12 keV) in 1-s time bins. The event lasted approximately 10 seconds.

Incoming email

I researched what I could about the date the Rainbow came in the van, and the best I can do is narrow it down to one of two dates. I was a real baby christian then, and did not think enough to make detailed notes as I do now. The date this happened was either Friday March 6, 1998 or Wednesday March 11, 1998.

Incoming email

Re: Your web page
I originally woke up at 5 am this morning from a disturbing dream. I was sitting in church and one of my friends was speaking, in a crash of thunder, she was gone along with some of the others in the room. I was left behind. That's when I woke up, convinced that the rapture had happened at that very moment, I connected to the internet and went to CNN's website, waiting for some news of something. Well, luckily for me, there was nothing. I decided this was about the clearest message that I was ever going to get from God that I needed to do something. Throughout my life, my spirit and God have always seemed to be in conflict. Part of me has always hungered for the lord and the part of me is the perpetual sinner who wants to believe that there isn't a God. One of my nastiest sinning habbits is telling little white lies. Well this morning, I fell on my face and asked him to take over, but I don't know what I should be doing or who I should be helping. I want to help others to come to Christ, but I don't have the knowledge or the tools. I go to a wonderful church in College Station called Aldersgate, and they continually preach the importance of prayer, walking in Christ and ministry. I guess I'm really just afraid because I've been given so many opportunities and have just flushed them. I don't want to be left behind, and I don't want to be complacent in my beliefs, but I honestly don't know the word like I should, and every time I seem to pick it up, something distracts me. I really feel like I'm gambling, I hope you can help me.

My reply

When did you accept Christ as your own personal Saviour? Whenever that was, all your "old" sins would have been wiped off the books. Any known sins since that time should be confessed, as per I John 1:9, so the Lord can cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness. When that happens, the Holy Spirit wells up in you like a fountain of living water. When you are filled with the Spirit of Christ, you will be in fellowship with God. You will then have strength you do not have on your own. This strength helps you not to sin and enables you to help others.

Read the New Testament before you read the Old Testament. Find out how to walk the Christian walk. The Lord will be with you and help you understand Scripture. Peter gives us good advise.

II Peter 1:4-11 says, "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity (agape, God's love). For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off (i.e., Heaven), and hath forgotten that he was purged from his OLD SINS. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance (i.e., at the Pre-Trib Rapture) shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

In Lu. 21:36, Jesus tells us to "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Always be ready to share with others the reason for the hope that is you. Tell the Lord you are willing to talk to others. He will bring the subject up when you are ready and the other person is ready to hear what you believe. Study to show yourself approved unto God, and he will use you. He needs you.

As you read, you will have questions. Feel free to email me any time. In His agape love

Incoming email

Praise the Lord. its me stephen. i just wanted to ask you before the rapture will any sign be given in the personal lives of all believers? what i mean is some kind of dreams or fellings or something like "my child get ready I AM comming" something which will be revealed to all blievers other than the external world events or celestial phenomena. Something which is felt by a true believer deep within his soul.

why i asked you is this there are believers who are not even aware of certain events clearly stated in your website. so as a warning to them and us just maybe days or hours before the Lord comes.

also will any major event take place just prior to the rapture? also the roman catholic church asking forgiveness for past sins and divisions recently does this mean anything?

is it possible to know the estimated time of the rapture? and will it be a day/night event? half the world has night and other day. also it was really great to know about the truth of the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter.

i would be grateful if you would clear my doubts. Any way your message has really given me the strength and a better knowledge of our Lord's return.

thank you for praying for our country IN THE WONDERFUL LOVE OF JESUS

My reply

> > before the rapture will any sign be given in the personal lives of all believers?

There is no scripture I know of that tells us. We should be watching so we can recognize signs, should they appear, and some general signs have appeared, such as the Six-Day War being the Sign of the End of the Age and signs in the sun, moon and stars. However, the scripture is there to warn the Laodiceans (Rev. 3:14f). It isn't the Lord's fault if they don't read it. Christians should read the book if they want to pass the test. Read the New Testament first.

> will any major event take place just prior to the rapture?

It may and it may not. Be ready at all times.

> > also the roman catholic church asking forgiveness for past sins and divisions recently does this mean anything?

It is bringing the day that the Jews think they can trust the Pope closer.

> > is it possible to know the estimated time of the rapture?

The parable of the 10 virgins mentions midnight, but if it is midnight in Jerusalem, it is not in other time zones. Mt. 24:43 says, "know this, that if the goodman (leader) of the house (church) had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready." Agape

Incoming email

Re: anti-christ of tribulation
I have spent more time going through your website and the pros and cons and have a question. In one of your recent replies to e-mails you mentioned the pope during the tribulation as being the "beast". I'd like to quote following verse " Daniel 7 Verse 20,21 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spoke very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them "

My question is how someone as frail and old as the Pope could fit such a description? Unless someone younger is made Pope, but they usually move to that position from the Cardinals. Thanks for your time!

My reply

Rev. 19:20 says, "the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet." I think the Tribulation Pope will be the Beast (Rev. 13:2-10) and the False Prophet will be a Jew. Dan. 7:20,21 is talking about the False Prophet. When he comes to office, he will pluck out by the roots 3 of the rulers over the 10 regions this world has already been divided into.

Isa. 9:15 says, "The ancient and honourable, he is the HEAD; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the TAIL." The Beast is the 6th head of the great red dragon and rules the first 1260 days of the Tribulation. The False Prophet is the 7th HEAD and rules the last 1040 days that make up the 2300-day shortened Tribulation (Dan. 8:14). He is Satan possessed, therefore "he spake as a dragon" in Rev. 13:11. In Daniel 7, he has "a mouth that spoke very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows." He is inhabited by the TAIL, Satan. Therefore, he can be referred to as the tail because Satan is operating through him. After he is deposed from office on the Day of God's Wrath, Satan, the tail of the great red dragon himself, operates as the "eighth, and is of the seven" (Rev. 17:11). Agape

Incoming email

Subject: Questions on the resurrection
I have some questions about the resurrection, but first if you could read this article at

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~spirit5/letters/mar2000/caps312-2.htm

and give me your comments. He implies that the resurrection of those "that are Christ's at His coming" occurs at the second advent. It seems to me that that phrase would have to apply to the pre-wrath rapture, 7 months before, because at the second advent, He is coming with all His saints. They would have to be already resurrected with their glorified bodies to come with Him. Do you agree? He also says that this points to the rapture occuring on the feast of first fruits, which I know you disagree with. You might want to point out for those that read this article why his reasoning is incorrect.

I have a couple of other questions on Rev. 20:4-6. My comments and questions will be in parentheses.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw (I saw is not in the original Greek, so those that say these trib. saints have not been resurrected because a body is not mentioned are in error. They would have to have received their resurrected body if they "live and reign with Christ a thousand years", which is what it says at the end of the sentence. Do you agree?) the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (It seems that this is a parenthesis describing the resurrection of the unrighteous at the end of the millennium. Do you agree?) This is the first resurrection. (The first resurrection must include, because of what verse 6 says, not only the trib. saints referred to in verse 5, but also the Bride of Christ, raptured before the tribulation, even though they are not directly mentioned. Do you agree?) 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power (that has to include the Bride), but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

If you have any comments or corroborating scripture, I would appreciate you sharing it. You are a blessing! Your brother in Jesus

My reply

Thanks for your kind words. You are a blessing too. To start with, I will snip a few sections from THE ORDER OF THE RESURRECTIONS OF THE RIGHTEOUS, BY "CAPS," which is posted on the Five Doves site.

> > IN CHRIST shall all be made alive. But every man in his own ORDER. Christ, the Firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming. then comes the end.........." The 3 times mentioned are,in order, 1) Christ, the Firstfruits; 2) They that are Christ's AT HIS COMING ; and 3) the END ( the text indicates this final resurrection at the end of the 1000 reign

I think Christ, the head of the Body of Christ, was the unleavened Firstfruit resurrected on the Feast of Firstfruits.

The Pre-Trib Rapture group seen in Heaven in Rev. 5:9 are "a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas. 1:18). I think they are raptured on Pentecost. Lev. 23:17 says that on Pentecost, "Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves...baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD." Neh. 10:36 adds to the firstfruits that are are to be brought into the house of the Lord. It says, "Also the firstborn of our sons."

Just as there were two wave loaves, the two fulfilments on Pentecost bracket the beginning and the ending of the Church era. The Tribulation is the Jewish Seventieth Week of Daniel (Dan. 9:27). In 30 AD, the Spirit of Christ descended to fill the disciples. At the Pre-Wrath Rapture, those filled with the Spirit of Christ will rise up to meet him in the air. We are connected to Him by His Spirit in us.

Lev. 23:22 says, "when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field." I think those Laodiceans spewed out of his mouth and left behind the first time are raptured on the Day of God's Wrath, which is the day of the Judgment Seat of Christ and the first day of the millennial Day of the Lord.

Rev. 11:18 says, "And the nations were angry (attacking Israel, Eze. 38), and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." This is 7 months (Tishri 1 to Nisan 1) before the Second Advent in a Jewish Leap Year (Eze. 39:12).

The Pre-Wrath Rapture seems to fill up the number of the Body of Christ, the heavenly people. None from the Millennium are said to be added to the group that have already received their rewards. The book of life is probably present at the Great White Throne Judgment to prove that the names of the lost are not in it.

> > the preponderance of the bibilical evidence points to a Spring Rapture and during the time of Passover/Unleavened Bread. The timing factors of Song of Solomon ch 2 also confirm this.The rainy season was over in Israel at or before the time of the Harvest of the Barley grain which always started on the Feast of Firstfruits

There are no firstripe grapes until the latter part of May or early June, therefore, I think Song of Sol. 2:10-14 fits a Pentecost Rapture.

I agree with you that "He is coming with all His saints" at the Second Advent. Zech. 14:5 says, "and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee." Therefore, both Raptures are past at that point.

I agree with you that "They would have to have received their resurrected body if they "live and reign with Christ a thousand years", which is what it says at the end of the sentence."

I agree with you on this also. "5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (It seems that this is a parenthesis describing the resurrection of the unrighteous at the end of the millennium."

I agree with you on this too. "This is the first resurrection. (The first resurrection must include, because of what verse 6 says, not only the trib. saints referred to in verse 5, but also the Bride of Christ, raptured before the tribulation, even though they are not directly mentioned." Agape

Incoming email

Re: Israel as the fig tree
By now, most all of your readers are familiar with Israel being described as a fig tree. I quote from your recent post about pentecost: ..."In Lu. 13:6-9, Jesus told a parable of the barren fig tree. It may explain the years from 1998 to 2001. It says, "A certain man (Christ) had a fig tree (Israel) planted in his vineyard: and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none..." And then there is the parable of the fig tree sprouting leaves, and that generation not passing away. Much of our time calculations hinge on this passage. Where is scripture does it indicate that Israel is indeed a fig tree?

Thanks as always!!

My reply

Here are the references: Joel 1:6,7; Hos. 9:10; Eze. 36:8; Jer. 24:5,6. Agape

Incoming email

Wow! Read this
'666' Bar Code Tax Number To Be Given Every Russian Citizen
From "Russia Today" By Mikhail Kotov - Staff Writer
http://www.gazeta.ru/

...Some priests are saying that acquiring an Individual TaxpayerNumber (ITN) constitutes a sin, and unless believers repent, they would be denied Holy Communion. Although the Synoddisapproves of such statements, its main concern is thesymbols used in the new registration system, which has already been introduced in some places. The pilot social welfare cards feature three bar codes, each of which includes the number 6. Clergymen believe the codes contain the number of the Antichrist, 666, mentioned in the Apocalypse of St. John the Evangelist (13: 16-18)....Orthodox prelates suggest that the government get rid of the "blasphemous" symbol by "changing the international system of the symbols involved. If this proves impossible, we must create an alternative national electronic language".

Incoming email

Re: inclusive reckoning Avi Ben Mordechai in his book, Signs in the Heavens, used the 40 year biblical generation and (incorrectly) inclusive reckoning, where 1967 is counted as year one rather than year zero, to come up with 2006 as the last year of the tribulation. Do you have any views as to why inclusive reckoning turned out to be incorrect in this case and, hopefully, standard reckoning will turn out to be right? Sincerely

My reply

I am learning more about it as I go along. I think counting consecutive time, days, months or years, is not counted by inclusive reckoning. Inclusive reckoning is used to set apart a period containing a certain number of days, like the Six-Day War. The 5th through 10th was 6 days of fighting. Agape

Incoming email

Most interested in the material that you have posted to your site, Marilyn.

You've obviously spent some considerable time researching everything. I come from a completely different perspective in Bible study so it's refreshing to see a different view point.

Haven't had time to look at everything yet, the answer could be on your site, but what is your understanding in respect to Sunday v the Sabbath?

Keep up the good work, may God continue to bless you in your endeavours. Regards

My reply

The Sabbath (Shabbat) is Saturday the 7th (sheba) day of the week.

BTW, Saturn (Shabbatai) is represented by the 7th lamp on the candlestick.. According to Josephus, they are the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Since the western lamp was to be kept burning all the time, I think it represented the Sun. Thus, the easternmost lamp would represent Saturn. Earth is in the middle.

Before Satan's planet, Rahab, was split apart forming the Asteroid Belt, Saturn was the 7th planet. Agape

Incoming email

Have you seen this? It allows you to make a calendar for your own city with the exact times of the beginning of Pentecost, etc. Do you know the definitions of the different Hebrew terms? Would be nice to publish for those of us who are not Hebrew scholars. Take Care

http://www.knowledgengineers.com/Havienu/html/vestibule/hebcal.html

Incoming email

Re: CREATION
I have been a frequent visitor to your site for some time and have learned and enjoyed much. Recently I have been reading your book "Exit 2007". It has been interesting reading also, some of it however disappointed me. I have always been impressed with your outspoken conviction to take the Scriptures at their Word in order to understand the truth. We have to be so careful not to draw too many conclusions based more or less on our imagination.

Specifically, it never ceases to amaze me how many christians feel they must compromise what the book of Genesis teaches regarding creation because "supposedly" the scientific community has "proven" the earth to be very much older than what the Bible teaches (about 6,000 years). This point is especially ironic to me since clearly you support the concept of 6000 years since Adam. In your book, chapter 2 (Pacific moon) you spent a fair amount of time giving all your rationale for this theory, when to me the world wide evidence for catastrophe simply confirms the global flood of Noah's day.

On page 31 you speak of the dinosaurs, mammoths, and other animals existing before Adam. Through what scripture do you substantiate this? Genesis 1:24-31 describe the events of the sixth day of creation. All the animals were created right along side man. You state in your book that you believe the creation days were literal 24 hour days, (as I do). Thus your position does not make since to me.
Genesis 1:1 says: "In the BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth." Jesus said in Mark 10:6 "But from the BEGINNING of the creation God made them male and female." Furthermore, Genesis 1:5 says ....."And the evening and the morning were THE FIRST DAY." (emphasis mine)

Regarding dinosaurs, what about the animal "Behemoth" God reminded Job of in Job 40:15-24. "He is chief of the ways of God" sure sounds like an impressive animal to me, with ..."a tail like a cedar." The cedars of Lebanon are large trees. This doesn't fit any animal I know of accept a dinosaur. And what about Job chapter 41 which talks of "Leviathan?" Verses 9-10: "....shall not one be cast down even at the site of him? None is so fierce that dare stir him up." Verse 33-34: "Upon the earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: (he is tall) he is king over all the children of pride." That sounds like one of the ferocious meat eating dinosaurs to me. As with all scripture it is better understood within the further detail of the complete passage. The Institute for Creation Research has a lot of good and extremely in depth material on this subject at ICR.ORG

We should not have to prop up Gods Word in order to be viewed plausible by the world. Simply because we don't understand how something could be true doesn't make it false. Please understand, it is not my intent to challenge other christians viewpoints of scripture in the wrong spirit. I don't submit this communication as unquestionably correct but simply to be prayerfully considered. May the Lord himself confirm His truth in our spirit. As always Marilyn, thanks for your faithfulness in ministry. Sincerely, Your brother in Christ

My reply

I disagree with Creation Research Institute on this. Have you looked into the difference between asah (made) and bara (created)? Gen. 2:3 says, "God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created (bara) and made (asah)."

Bara is only used in Gen. 1 for the original creation in the dateless past, for creation of animal life and for creation of human life.
Gen. 1:1: "In the beginning God created (bara) the heaven and the earth."
Gen. 1:21: "God created (bara) great whales, and every living creature that moveth."
Gen. 1:27: " God created (bara) man in his own image."

All the rest, God made (asah), fashioned out of existing materials. Gen. 2:5 says, "And every plant OF THE FIELD BEFORE IT was in the earth, and every herb OF THE FIELD BEFORE IT grew."

Isa. 45:12 says, "I have made (asah) the earth, and created (bara) man upon it."
Isa. 45:18 says, "For thus saith the LORD that created (bara) the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made (asah) it; he hath established it, he created (bara) it NOT IN VAIN (tohu, waste, without form), he formed it to be inhabited."

Gen. 1:2 says, "And the earth was (literally became) without form (tohu, waste, without form), and void (bohu, desolate); and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." I think it was dark because of an asteroid impact. All the land was drowned in the waters.

By the 3rd day, "God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together into one place (the Pacific Basin, which was dug by an asteroid impact just before the first week of time as we know it), and let the dry land appear." By the 4th day, the Sun, Moon and stars appeared as the smoke of the catastrophe cleared. I think the Moon was dug out of the Pacific Basin so dry land could appear as the water collected into the Pacific Basin. Science finally agrees that the Moon came from the Earth.

Job 26:7-13 (JB) says, "The pillars of the heavens tremble, awe-struck at his threats. By his power, he has whipped up the Sea, by his skill, HE HAS CRUSHED RAHAB (Satan's planet that became the Asteroid Belt). His breath has made the heavens luminous (by causing the impact explosion), his hand transfixed the Fleeing Serpent (Satan). This is only a fraction of what he has done and all we catch of it is the feeblest echo."

Isa. 51:9 (KJV) says, "Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient (the fore part) days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath CUT RAHAB, and wounded the dragon (Satan)?" Agape

Incoming email

Subject: planet alignment
Enjoying your sight, although I'm not sure I'm smart enough to understand all of it. About that May 5th planet alignment. I heard (can't remember where) that the same phenomenon occured both times when the temple was built before. So, the temple should either be begun to be built or be dedicated at or about that time. God seems to do things in patterns, assuming my information is correct, we must be on the edge. I find lately I am consumed with thoughts of being with Jesus. Is it only me? I feel heartsick a lot, like a homesick feeling. There are a lot of loud arguments from folks preaching against pretrib rapture lately. They gotta be wrong, I couldn't stand to wait another 7 years.

My reply

I have read that the alignment of these planets only happened 6000 years ago. However, maybe a slightly different alignment happened when the temple was built. Maybe someone will have more information on that. Agape

Incoming email

Have you heard that a lake of fire has been discovered on Io, one of Jupiter's moons? Another sign in the heavens?

My reply

No, but isn't Io the one that showed volcanic activity? A lake of fire is interesting. I don't know if it is a sign or not, but it proves it is possible even at that distance from the Sun. Thanks. Agape

   Pro and Con 466    Or Return   Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@pe.net

Send me e-mail now

8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110


© 1996-2000, Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 3-15-00