Pro and Con 47, Uploaded 1-9-98

Incoming Email

Your ministry is an important part of my daily devotions....please tell me you weren't raptured...yet. I haven't seen any updates to your Pro & Con section lately. Perhaps a much deserved rest....Lord Bless!

My reply

No, not raptured, sick, double pneumonia. Am on second round of antibiotics. I'm just now able to see the screen clearly. Had to scan incoming email through blurry eyes for quite some time. Email to be answered backed up. No work got done on Web page. Sorry. I'll catch up as I am able. This is a Southern California epidemic, much worse than last year....

Incoming Email

Have not seen an update to your web page since 12-13-97.

Either you had a very busy Holiday Season (and a blessed one) or the rapture occurred early and I missed it (I pray not).

Bought your latest book at Barnes & Noble. It read very well and concise. Trust it will minister to all who read it.

Looking for that blessed hope!

Keep that web page alive until He calls us.

My reply

Glad you liked latest book. Funny thing. Day after first book arrived, I took pneumonia for first time in my life. Now, soon after third book arrived, I got double pneumonia....

Incoming Email

...I've missed you and your updates terribly....

Incoming Email

I first just want to applaud you on the books you have written. I was first introduced to your books by my father and both he and I agree that you're 'right on'. Actually he believe's that your date of the rapture is so accurate that he has (as well as my mother of course) set up a family reunion for that weekend of the 31st. Also, coincidentally my sister is getting married that weekend, so that ought to be (hopefully) a very good occasion to say the least.

The reason I think your books are great is because you don't simply make statements, you give so many examples and facts (from the bible and other sources) that support what you say. Now with that said, I have just one question. I'm sure you've heard of the 'Bible codes'?! I would just like to hear your opinion on that topic, whether you think it is as magnificent as it seems? From what I have read, it seems to be more than coincidence. Thank you for your feedback and God bless!

My reply

Bless you. You made my day. Don't forget to figure in differences in time zones, and just be ready whenever it is. It looks like we have one chance to enter in at the strait gate and win the best prizes, those reserved for the Bride of Christ. We mustn't muff it. We can't refuse the call of the Bridegroom and shouldn't look back. Our faith should be so strong we could walk on water if the Lord called us to do it.

I think there are two Raptures, the Pre-Trib one for the wise virgins and the Pre-Wrath one for the foolish virgins. The wise are the Bride. They are ready when the Bridegroom calls. He can see their lights burning brightly.

Luke 13:24-30 says, "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence (from what place) ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last."

Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass (i.e., the Tribulation), and to stand before the Son of man."

Re: Bible Codes. God hasn't missed a trick. There are so many things for us to uncover, we'll never get to the end of it in this life. How could one not get a glimpse of the power and magnificence of our God in these things he has left for us to discover in the time of the end? Knowledge was to increase, and it has, so much that it boggles the mind to think of it over just the last fifty years. The Codes are like God is talking directly to us. He knew when man would be able to find the Codes.

Incoming Email

The fact that Enoch was born and Raptured on the 6th of Sivan can be found in a book called the Secrets of Enoch. This book was published from a book called the Lost Books of the Bible in 1926. It was republished recently by World Bible Publishers, Inc. and it should be available in a good Christian bookstore.

Page 104 of the Secrets of Enoch states:

"Enoch was born on the sixth day of the month Tsivan, and lived three hundred and sixty-five years...(he) was taken up to heaven on the sixth day of the month Tsivan, on the very day and hour when he was born."

...Psalm 98 looks like it could be a hidden prophecy for the Rapture of the Firstfruits.

My reply

Thanks for info on Enoch. I'd believe Psa 98 indicated Rapture if Psa 96 didn't also say, "O SING unto the LORD a new song." After Rapture, the new song is sung in Rev. 5:9.

Incoming Email

I am finding your work concerning your interpretations of Revelation hard to accept. I am not saying you are wrong, but I need to prayerfully consider your work a bit longer. Your belief that ---- is heaven really startles me. Again, I don't know if you are right or wrong, but it seems to require an inordinate amount of speculation to even mention it!

One thing I am struggling with right now is the admonition at the end of the Book of Revelation not to add or subtract anything from the book. It seems to me that any commentary on the book will ipso facto add or subtract from it. This is because it is written is such a way that we cannot accurately interpret each detail. For example, I think you really stretched it when you interpreted Rev. 16:13-16 as "parenthetical." I suppose you have to do that to fit it in with your whole theology of when the rapture(s) occur. It seems to me that when you "out of the blue" decide that a particular phrase is parenthetical because it does not fit your presuppostiions that you have certainly "added to or taken away" from what God has written. I believe that this is what John warned us against and it is the gravest concern I have with your book and all others that try to interpret Revelation.

What are thoughts on this?

I believe your book is profound. You are a person with a tremendous understanding of God's Word, and you believe it IS His Word! I respect you tremendously for that! Your book will certainly help me understand more of God's ways and I thank you for all of the hard hours you have spent making that possible....God bless

My reply

First of all, do you have my book Heaven Found: A Butter and Honey Star?

If not, I can tell you some things that might help. I know how it is because I thought of ----- every time I read certain verses...I kept saying to myself, "Nah, that can't be." Then as I was writing chapter 4 in The Master Key: Revelation's Secrets Revealed (which Avon Books renamed Revelations 2000), the Lord gave me understanding. I still only half believed it. To prove it right or wrong, I stopped writing and read every word in about 15 versions I have collected, making notes of everything about Heaven or the Lord's throne. When I was finished, I knew for sure. I had found out what the "secret of his tabernacle" (Psa. 27:5) was....

> One thing I am struggling with right now is the admonition at the end of
> the Book of Revelation not to add or subtract anything from the book.
> It seems to me that any commentary on the book will ipso facto add or
> subtract from it. This is because it is written is such a way that we
> cannot accurately interpret each detail. For example, I think you
> really stretched it when you interpreted Rev. 16:13-16 as
> "parenthetical." I suppose you have to do that to fit it in with your
> whole theology of when the rapture(s) occur.

I have no preconceived theories to defend. I only want to know exactly what the Scriptures teach. I don't try to make anything fit. If it fits, fine. If it does not, fine. II Tim. 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

I proofread my new book twice, comparing quotes from Revelation with the KJV to make sure I got them right. All my editorial comments are set apart by brackets. I have neither added anything, nor subtracted anything. Explaining what we think Revelation means is not adding to it. There have been more books written about Revelation than I could even read. I set out to read them all and bogged down. You should see the shelves at BIOLA library. The best I found was Joseph A. Seiss's "The Apocalypse: Exposition of the Book of Revelation." Among many outstanding teachers, it also has the reputation of being the best.

As for Rev. 13-16 being parenthetical, here is the heading in my Scofield Bible, "(Parenthetical, vs. 13-16.)." You see, there is a parenthetical portion between the sixth and seventh seals [Scofield's heading of chapter 7, "(Parenthetical: the saved of the tribulation period.]," the sixth and seventh trumpets [Scofield's heading of chapter 10 "(Parenthetical (to Rev.11.14)," and the sixth and seventh vials.

That these are parenthetical passages is easy to see. They are inserted between the 6th and 7th seal, trumpet, and vial. The structure is consistent. This is echoed in many many of the books on Revelation. It is not original with me.

> It seems to me that when
> you "out of the blue" decide that a particular phrase is parenthetical
> because it does not fit your presuppostiions that you have certainly
> "added to or taken away" from what God has written. I believe that this
> is what John warned us against and it is the gravest concern I have with
> your book and all others that try to interpret Revelation. What are thoughts on
> this?

I did not "out of the blue" decide that a particular phrase is parenthetical. I have no presuppositions to try to fit things into. I just read the Scripture and try to figure out what God is trying to tell us.

Have you read my third book, "Revelations 2000"? The way I did it was to first sit down and copy the entire book of Revelation. Then I explained what I thought it meant, either in separate paragraphs or in editorial comments placed in parentheses....

There is a possibility that the Rapture could take place next Pentecost, May 31, 1998. (My book explains why I think it will be then. They can read it and see what they think. My Web page adds more details.) Whether that date is right or not, the Rapture cannot be far off. The MARC is already in use. (See the attached files.) Whenever the Rapture is, we have to be ready. It seems that the first Rapture is for the Bride of Christ, and that the entire Body of Christ will include the Tribulation saints seen in Heaven in Rev. 7:14.

The wise virgins, who are filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit, go with the "BRIDEGROOM" (Mt. 25:6). The foolish virgins do not. When Christ comes for them, Luke 12:35,36 says, "Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning (their lights were going out the first time): And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will RETURN FROM THE WEDDING (the Marriage of the Lamb takes place just before the Rapture of the Tribulation saints); that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately (compare what is told the Laodiceans in Rev. 3:20). The Philadelphians have crowns, the Laodiceans do not. Christ does not have anything against the Philadelphians, but he does have things against the Laodiceans. We must strive to be wise Philadelphian virgins.

Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may BE ACCOUNTED WORTH TO ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. in Philippians 3:14, Paul said, "I press toward the mark for the PRIZE of the HIGH CALLING (the Rapture) of God in Christ Jesus." In I Cor. 9:24-27, Paul said, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize (the first Rapture)? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible (as the Philadelphians have crowns). I therefore so run not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway" (as the foolish Laodicean virgins are spewed out of his mouth)....

Incoming Email

I just completed reading two of your books: First, " The End of the Age"; Second, "Heaven Found". I commend your scholarly work and study of His Word and I'm looking forward to your next book.(I just purchased "Revelations 2000" today). It was quiet by accident on my part that I came across the first book. I said to myself, when I saw the title, let me see how this person understands the Scriptures. To my surprise, you are the first author to explain end time events with a degree of harmony to the Word of God that I have never before read. I have read many books on prophesy. Some better than others, but always something was lacking. I think most Christians have concerns about people setting a date for the return of our Lord and they feel it is wrong. There are some that have spiritualized most of the Scriptures and content He has returned as they confuse the work of the Holy Spirit. I'm sure Harold Camping thought he was right in 1994, but in fairness you'll can find that the he admitted that he could be wrong. I was always more concern about his teaching the reformed theology which has never understood Rom. 8:29 and Eph. 1:5. Christians should not mock the Watchman, leave that to the unsaved. I must confess that I had serious doubts about you being the one that God would use to call our attention to the true meaning of Parable of the Fig Tree and the significance to Six Day War in 1967. Also, I was wondering if you were you passing yourself off as a Pastor. If this was the case, I would not even bothering to send this E-mail. Certainly, God can used any of His children in anyway He pleases. You say that you have studied the Word for 36 years. You have done well and I am glad you wrote a book showing that God is now revealing those secret things hidden in His Word about the end times. I went to the Internet to see if I could just find some additional information about your book. Sure enough, I found your Web Page. Impressive, I like the idea of the Virtual Church, especially the Bible Prophecy Corner. I am particularly aware of the fact that no two Christians are alike or do they have the same mission in life, i.e. Rom. 12:4 and 1Cor.12:18. Therefore, it is understandable that we may not see all things in the same way. This is even true when two believers are both In Fellowship (filled with the Holy Spirit). The book reference listed some outstanding Pastors and Theologians. One of the individuals listed is R. B. Thieme, Jr. He was this first Pastor to explain, so that I could understand, the significance of 1John 1:9 and James 2:18. Still these fine theologians all seemed to be wadding in muddy water when it came to "Armageddon" and the "Second Coming". It is easy to be guilty of seeing the future though the eyes that are on current world events. And history shows that some in each generation have assumed that theirs was the terminal generation. And Yes, One Will Be! If your understanding to the Fig Tree is correct (seems to fit the Scriptures), then we are living during that generation. I have always been troubled by the descriptions giving for the King of the North, meaning Russia. I very much doubted that scenario. I've never been able to reconcile the idea global World War or the Battle of Ezekiel, (Ezek. 38 & 39) which some have placed at the middle or prior to the Tribulation week. Your explanation appears to be more harmonious with the Scriptures. But, I question the literal interpretation regarding the rebuilding of the City of Babylon for a future World Leader. Yes, the literal interpretations should be applied until the symbolic or dual meaning is found. But, there can be no doubt "Babylon" has a symbolic meaning. I am wondering why you do see the conflict between Abraham's two sons, Ishmael and Isaac continuing to the end of the age. If a literal interpretation is applied, then the False Prophet and the First Beast would have overcome the Moslem Religion. Your realization of the meaning to the Fig Tree hopefully is accurate. Still from human viewpoint is certainly doesn't seem feasible regarding timing or circumstances needed for Islam to allow a ruler from Rome (Western Leader) to relocate there for what ever reason. I personally think that Syria, Turkey and Iraq with other Moslem nations will attack Israel during the 2300 days portion of the Great Tribulation. Remember the book of Daniel and the four beasts that were to rule the world. The last is not named, but we would agree that it was the Roman Empire. We might agree that we are now under that system which is in its feet of clay and iron stage. The Tribulation period has the New World Order emerging in full power. Can one deny that it is not preparing its future roll at this moment here in the USA? I wish all those interested in prophecy would recognize that it is bigger than the European Common Market nations. Look at what has become Satan's masterpiece as he has assumed control over what was once a Christian nation here in America. While no one can say for sure what the make up will be of that 10 nation alliance. The Scriptures tells us that it will be a government system that fails in the attempt to rule the world, just as the early Roman Empire failed. Therefore, I think you should present "Babylon" in symbolic terms as the United Nations and the coming New World Order. As you have pointed out, Babylon will be destroyed by an asteroid remnant of Rahab which becomes the Sword of the Lord. This will happen wherever its many headquarters will be found around the World. I cannot comment on the work that you have done pertaining to Biblical Chronology because this is an area of personal weakness, but what you have shown on your Web Page is again most impressive. Keep up the good work and rely on Scriptures knowing the power of His Word, Heb. 4:12: be a workman 2Tim 2:15 and let it continue to glide you, 2Tim. 3:16. Please tell me what I should say to other about your work. How do I explain that your not a teacher? Is it because you have not usurped any man's authority? You know, I'm referring to 1Tim. 2:11,12. I need to be able to explain to others what you have found without being sidetracked.

My reply

> I found your Web Page. Impressive, I like the
> idea of the Virtual Church, especially the Bible Prophecy Corner.

Wish I could take credit for Virtual Church, but that belongs to Jean Kincaid. Bible Prophecy Corner is my Web page. It is actually on a different server entirely. Jean puts some of my things on her Web page and I put some of hers on mine. We are working together for a common cause, to do our best to help the believers be ready for the Pre-Trib Rapture of the Bride of Christ.

> R. B. Thieme, Jr. He was this first Pastor
> to explain, so that I could understand, the significance of 1John 1:9 and
> James 2:18. Still these fine theologians all seemed to be wadding in muddy
> water when it came to "Armageddon" and the "Second Coming".

Bob Thieme taught me so much. I could never have gotten where I am now without that good start. However, when I offered to send him my first book, he said he did not have time to read it. I was crushed, for I had more respect for his teachings than anyone elses. Yet, he was in his own world, studying hard every day to uncover little things that others had missed, yet by looking through a microscope, he missed the view he could have had if he had also looked through a telescope, the can't see the forest for the trees bit.

> I question the literal interpretation regarding the rebuilding of the
> City of Babylon for a future World Leader.

Jer. 50:13 says, "Because of the wrath of the LORD it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues." This has never taken place. Therefore on the Day of God's Wrath, it is literal Babylon that will be destroyed. Right now, Saddam Hussein has rebuilt a lot of Babylon. There is a Web site with the pictures. The first yearly festival was held there in 1987.

> there can be no doubt "Babylon" has a symbolic meaning.

It does when applied to the "church in Thyatira," which is Mystery Babylon mixed with Christianity. But there will come a time when she will be moved to literal Babylon. Zech. 5:11 says, "And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar (where the Tower of Babel was): and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base." That is where she started, at the Tower of Babel. Rev. 17:3 says, "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness (i.e., Babylon): and I saw a woman (a religious group, "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT") sit (arriving after Rapture I) upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns (the Beast of Rev. 13:1, but the horns are not yet crowned).

We can tell that the Rapture has taken place because Rev. 4:1,2 says, "Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be HEREAFTER." Rev. 17:14 says, of the Lamb, "they that ARE (present tense) with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." In Rev. 17:10, the sixth king (the Beast) is in power, and the seventh (the False Prophet) has not come. At the time of the Rapture, "the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received NO KINGDOM AS YET." After a gap, as the Tribulation begins, there are "ten horns, and upon his horns ten CROWNS" (Rev. 13:1).

> I am wondering why you do see the conflict between Abraham's two sons, Ishmael and
> Isaac continuing to the end of the age.

As the preparation day for the Feast of Trumpets that kicks off the millennial Day of the Lord arrives, it is the end of this age. Ezekiel 30:3-8 says, "For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen. And the sword (i.e., Sword of the Lord, the asteroid) shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down. Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword. Thus saith the LORD; They also that uphold Egypt shall fall...And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and when all her helpers shall be destroyed."

What brings about the impact of the Sword of the Lord is the attack on Israel. Ezek. 38:18,20 says, "And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face....and the mountains (the mountain and aster of Rev. 8:8,10) shall be thrown down."

> If a literal interpretation is applied, then the False
> Prophet and the First Beast would have overcome the Moslem Religion

It looks like the World Church will embrace all religions. Rev. 13:7 says of the Beast, "power was given him over all kindreds, an tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life." Even in Jerusalem, "the court which is without the temple...it is given unto the Gentiles" (Rev. 11:2).

> I personally think that Syria, Turkey and Iraq with other Moslem nations will attack
> Israel during the 2300 days portion of the Great Tribulation

I think it will be an attack of united nations on the 2300th day of the Tribulation.

> While no one can say for sure what the make up will
> be of that 10 nation alliance.

There are to be 10 kings that rule under the leadership of the Beast in the World Government. They have not yet been crowned.

> Please tell me what I should say to other about your work. How do I explain
> that your not a teacher?

God chooses whom he pleases. My only contribution to that part was that I was willing. I asked him what he wanted me to do. I had no idea what it would be.

   Pro and Con 48   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1997 Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 1-16-98