The last two P&C's really brought forward how the brethren are motivated to look for our Lord's Commandments. P&C 492 page 3, (your comments, which I agree with, but want to elaborate on), and P&C 493 page 5.
I totally agree that 1John 1:9 is of paramount importance. I have been looking into this in a detailed way for the last month. The Holy Spirit discerns for me that it is crucially important TO AGREE that we have committed that sin, (look in the Bible and see what you have committed), and admit we have done so in our weakness, and allow ourselves to be washed in the Blood of our High Priest (He is our mercy seat).
I rarely see discussion of John 14:15 by anybody, however it is also crucially important to a Spirit Filled Believer! John 14:15 - The Lord Jesus Christ states "If ye love me, keep my commandments" I am so embarrased to say that I had no clue about what they even are, until I looked for them. There are twenty-two commandments given in First Thessalonians Chapter 5, verses 11 to 28! They are:
1) "Comfort yourselves together" - encourage other Spirit Filled Believers in the faith.
2) "Edify one another" - be part of the team of Believers. Build up one another.
3) "Know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you" - Certain men and women in the body of Believers have been given gifts or teaching, preaching, and leadership. See this, and allow them to use the gifts without criticism from you.
4) "Esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake" - Extend yourself to the brethren if you have the opportunity.
5) "Be at peace among yourselves" - There must be certain other Believers with authority. Don't criticize them.
6) "Warn them that are unruly" - There are those that like to do their own thing rather than support the work God is doing. They are to be warned.
7) "Comfort the feebleminded" - The fainthearted Believers. They are afraid to move out for God, and need support and encouragement. Tell them you will pray for them.
8) "Support the weak" - Those who are weak in faith. They are the babies in Christ that Paul referred to. They have found justification, but have not moved away from the milk to the meat, that is santification. Help them. Lift them up and carry them along.
9) "Be patient toward all men" - It can be difficult not to lose your temper! We meet all kinds of ungodly, unholy, cantankerous unsaved people. Use the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) to give them the chance to come to Jesus Christ. This is what love means. Until they have rejected willingly, we are to reach out to the unsaved.
10) "See that none render evil for evil unto any man" - Do not fight it out with one another. Warn them.
11) "But ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men" The unsaved pagan world uses the motto of getting the other guy before he gets you! The Lord is our avenger. Put on the armour of God instead (Ephesians 6). This is an area where we males have a problem, this writer included!
12) "Rejoice evermore" This does not mean running around like you have taken a "happy pill" The Spirit Filled Believer has the Fruit of the Spirit JOY. Inner Joy.
13) "PRAY WITHOUT CEASING" - Pray regularly, to allow the Holy Spirit to carry your prayer to Jesus Christ to the Father. Have an attitude of prayer, rather than lengthy and vain repetitions.
14) "Give thanks all the time" - Not just once a year at Christmas Dinner!
15) "Quench not the Spirit" - Means to refuse to do the Will of God. When you do not listen to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a being, the third member of the Trinity. and He is grieved by sin in our lives.
16) "DESPISE NOT PROPHESYINGS" - Do not look at Bible study as something you do not need. Some Beleivers crticize those that study the Bible as not getting out and doing something. Let the Holy Spirit guide you. He will when you study the Bible. DO NOT turn away from the teaching of the Word of God. Don't substitute these current movies and fictional books about the Great Tribulation replace the Bible.
17) "Prove all things" - Don' t be moved to contribute money to ANYTHING that you do not know about. My discernment tells me that If the organization does NOT teach the Word of God, there is no merit whatsoever in your santification. You are just being "nice" according to man's definition.
18) "Hold fast to that which is good" - Hold on to that which is true and genuine.
19) "Abstain from all appearance of evil" - Questionable past times and amusements. The world is overflowing with these. Be careful however of becoming a "pious" saint. Read Romans 14 to get Paul's perspective.
20) "Brethren, pray for us" - Pray for those who give out the Gospel. This web site does, pray for it! Be sure to test the Spirits (1John). If they are false, have nothing to do with it.
21) "Greet all Brethren with a Holy Kiss" - Well OK, this one has manifested a little different today. Smile and be approachable. Shake hands perhaps.
22) "Read this epistle unto all the Spirit Filled Believers" - That is why I sent this to you Marilyn. Now you may tell others about First Thessalonians 5 on the web site!
My last comment is to the person writing in P&C 493 regarding people left in pilotless planes and so on. It really does not matter how the Lord deals with those who become "absent from the body and present with the Lord". I am not the one to say how the Lord deals with this situation should it occur, but there is one thing FOR SURE. Even If you are a foolish Laodicean, if you were saved, YOU CAN NEVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION. This is a dart of doubt that the devil just fires at all of us over and over and over. Agape
How sure are you that this year is definitely the Rapture, do you feel more confident than you felt at this time last year? Are there more pointers which indicate this Pentecost and are they more definite than the pointers which we knew this time last year? If it doesn' t turn out as the scriptures seem to indicate, Pentecost 2000, where do we head to next, does it mean we need to reconsider the Fig Tree parable. I so much want it to be this year, I feel instictively that it is time for God to return and reclaim his Kingdom, I feel a stronger sense of peace and surety about it than I did this time last year, sort of like when you get up in the morning and you feel like something really important is going to happen that day and it does. Agape and Maranatha, GOD's love is so strong
Christ will have 2 brides. The Church is the first and the 144,000 are also called virgins, so Israel will be the 2nd bride. Like Rachel, she was called first, but she didn't come. Leah came. Rachel came later.
Jas. 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." I think we are "THE FIRST OF THE FIRSTFRUITS of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God" (Ex. 23:19).
Rev. 14:4 says of the 144,000, "These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are VIRGINS. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb."
Two brides, two Raptures, two feet of the Body of Christ, all are picturing different ranks in the first resurrection....Agape
10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up (Strong's # 6965 & 8705), my love, my fair one, and come away. 11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; 12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; 13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. (Is the last quotation of Song of Solomon 2:13 a Pre-Wrath Rapture Passage?) Arise (Strong's # 6965), my love, my fair one, and come away.
Now let me switch to a separate passage of scripture. Is the scripture below an example of a Pre-Trib Rapture PASSAGE?
Titus 2:13 Looking for that BlessED hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
The word "passage" has various meanings such as excerpt, quotation, text, "THE WORD", passageway, opening, path, way, movement, transition, trip, travel, journey, crossing, and voyage. The Word is opening the passageway to the door for the BlessED. His Word is the key to understanding the door because Yeshua ha'Mashiach (Jesus Christ) is the Door!
Remember that Jesus Christ is the Key of Authority to the Net (Jacob's/Israel's Ladder of Faith Gen 28:12 & Jn 1:51, Secret Stairs/Clefts in the Rock SOS 2:8-14, Gate of Heaven/House of God Gen 28:17, door Jn 10:1-9, way Jn 14:6, window/wind+door Rev 4:1, strait gate Mt 7:14, path Ps 16:11). Jesus Christ is the Ladder of Faith who makes the Firstfruits/Raptures of the Resurrection possible (Mt 22:30-33, Lk 20:36, 1 Jn 3:1-2, Jn 1:48-51, Jn 10:1-4, Rev 4:1, Mt 18:10, Mk 10:14-16, Rev 5:9-11, Mt 13:43). There is a Pre-Trib rapture for A glorious church (Eph 5:27) which are the wise Philadelphian virgins (Rev 3:7-8). There is a Mid-Trib rapture for the two witnesses, Moses and Elijah (Rev 11:12). Lazurus is a type of Moses; Lazurus was raised from the dead to face physical death again, so too will Moses be raised to face physical death one final time. There is a Pre-Wrath rapture (Rev 3:20, James 5:9, Rev 7:9) for the foolish & blind Laodician Tribulation Saints. There is a Post-Trib Second Advent which is HIS Second Coming with All His Saints (Rev 19:6)!
We live in the Dispensation of Grace because the door to the tomb has been opened for everyone for 2,000 years since His Resurrection. The door on Earth was opened at His Resurrection. The Door has been open for all. When the Dispensational Door of Grace closes at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture, will it usher in the Dispensation of Law bringing to fulfillment Daniel's 70th Week declared upon his people? Will we be able to perceive The Door Opening In Heaven prior to seeing His Glorious Appearing? Could The Door have been opened at this past weekend's celebration of His Resurrection shutting in the face of the Laodician Church in 50 days later at the time of Pentecost when Christ makes His appearing to His Bride?
The two calls bookend the information between the two. The second call wouldn't fit the Pre-Wrath Rapture too well because of the green figs and tender grapes.
> > Is the scripture below an example of a Pre-Trib Rapture PASSAGE? Titus 2:13 Looking for that BlessED hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ
The "blessed hope" is the Rapture. That is why we should obey Lu. 21:36: "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS THAT SHALL COME TO PASS, and to stand before the Son of man."
The door to the tomb was opened on Resurrection Day, so I decided to use my Bible Plus program to find the scriptures with "door" in them. Here are some that are interesting.
Gen. 6:16 says, "A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it." The 3 stories of the Ark tie in with Paradise being in the 3rd heaven (II Cor. 12:2-4). I knew that, but had not thought about it lately. It's amazing what turns up on the way to looking up something else.
Eze. 10:19 says, "And the cherubims (i.e., terrestrial planets) lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels (their orbits) also were beside them, and EVERY ONE stood at the DOOR of the east gate of the LORD's house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above." I wonder if the upcoming lineup of planets ties in with this verse. All heavenly bodies come up in our eastern sky. On May 5, there will be a lineup of the terrestrial planets, plus the Sun, Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. Hmmmm
In I Cor. 16:8,9, Paul said, "I will tarry at Ephesus until PENTECOST. For a great DOOR and effectual is OPENED unto me, and there are many adversaries."
Jas. 5:9 says, "Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door."
Rev. 3:8 says, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an OPEN DOOR, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."
> > When the Dispensational Door of Grace closes at the time of the Pre-Trib Rapture, will it usher in the Dispensation of Law bringing to fulfillment Daniel's 70th Week declared upon his people?
I think the Tribulation will finish the Age of the Gentiles, the Age of the Jews and the Age of the Church. However, I can't see why we should assume that people would be put back under the Law when the Law was nailed to the cross. Col. 2:14 says, "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross."
In I Cor. 1:17, Paul said, "Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." Wouldn't reinstating the Law make the cross of none effect? Acts 15:10 says, "Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Wouldn't this still hold true now? Agape
I agree with these statements totally. My point that I was trying to bring up is that you have written about this scripture numerous times I believe. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
That is true but obviously the Laodiceans (and/or foolish virgins) do NOT see their problem. When people own houses, numerous cars, boats, bank accounts, retirements and etc.-- they have treasure on earth therefore their hearts are on earth NOT above. They do NOT confess that problem NOR see it. I have had one minister writing to me justifying his $100,000 salary. These people labor for the meat that perishes and lay up treasure on the earth. This grieves God and his spirit because their hearts are NOT TRULY above although they do NOT know it. THEY WILL SAY DIFFERENTLY!
Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the
kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in
thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:
depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Mt 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Lu 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. With love
There are some ministers who get big salaries, but there are far more who barely get enough to live on. They truly do want to help people be saved. Some are so busy doing what they can in that direction that they do not have time to spend on prophecy. They are doing their part and working as hard as they can go. How much can one person do? There are all kinds of ministries. If people do not come to Christ in the first place, they will be sunk altogether. Jesus did tell the Laodiceans, "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne" (Rev. 3:21). They will still make it to Heaven, just at a later time. Bringing people to Christ is still the primary goal. Soul winners will have stars in their crown. Agape
1) In chapter 11:8 the bodies of the two witnesses lie in the street that is spitually called Sodom and Egypt. In the next verse it says that this is where Christ was crucified. I always thought that our LORD was crucified just outside the city of jerusalem. Is Jerusalem spiritually called Sodom and Egypt or is this refering to someplace else?
2) In chapter 14:4 the 144,000 are referd to as the "firstfruits for G-d and the lamb. If these are the firstfruits then how can we be the firstfruits too. Love ya
Ex. 23:19 says, "The FIRST of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God." I think those of the Pentecost Rapture are the FIRST of the firstfruits. Jas. 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a KIND OF FIRSTFRUITS of his creatures." What kind? the FIRST of the firstfruits. II Pet. 3:14 says, "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, BE DILIGENT that ye may be found of him IN PEACE (i.e., not in the Tribulation), WITHOUT SPOT, and BLAMELESS."
Lu. 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and PRAY ALWAYS, that ye may be ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass (in the Tribulation), and to stand before the Son of man.." Agape
Noah was in the ark for l year and 10 days. And, the 2nd month, 27th day is on Acension Day, May 31/June lst, this year, 2000.
In the days of Noah, the 2nd month was in the fall. That was before called rolled the calendar ahead by 6 months, when the Israelites came out of Egypt. So, time was moved ahead by God, meaning we are still in the Jublilee Year, until July of 2000.
"We do not, as yet know what we shall be, but we know that we shall be like Him."
Perhaps we will be taken up like He was on Acension Day, and "go forth" as Noah did on the 27th day of the 2nd month, "as the days of Noah."
Then the Jews and the world that become believers because of the rapture, may weep and nash their teeth, for 10 days, until Pentecost, when God gives the responsibilty of the gospel back to His chosen people.
What do you think? Thank you, here and now, for all your study, your prayers for the lost, and your inspiration to seek the truth about Jesus' return, through studying the scriptures! And, I intend to thank you on the way up! Praise God, it is almost time!
Pro and Con 495 Or Return
Contact me for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110
© 1996-2000, Marilyn J. Agee