Pro and Con 54, Uploaded 1-25-98

Incoming Email

I found your writings interesting about choosing an exact date for the time of the Rapture.However, many times before people have tried to choose the dates and have failed. They also, like yourselves, used bible verses-some completely out of context, and complex mathematical terms and specific future dates, as clues for "their specific dates". All of them, to date, have been wrong.

I hope you are correct, I want to be taken up to heaven as soon as possible. However, we are to know only the season, not the day or the hour. If you are wrong on the dates, some Christians may be let down, as recent history (1988) as shown.

I believe the Lord will return in 1998, because it is the year of Jubilee, and the season is here. Not because people are picking dates.

You are doing a great job, and I pray the Lord blesses your work. Your emphasis in choosing dates, May 31, 1998, is exciting. However, you need to warn people to always stay on the watch, and pray they don't fall back into sin, until the day we are taken away.

SECONDLY, your site seems to claim the war of Gog and Magog will appear later into the tribulation. Wrong, in Eziekiel 38+39, even though he talks about the war, the Anti-Christ is never spoken of. Do you find it the least bit compelling, that the greatest political leader of the tribulation is never spoken of? Grant Jeffrey, Pat Robertson, and myself, believe that this will happen at the start of the Tribulation, and then the Anti-Christ, after GOG, will finally be known. At the same time of the war of Russia, "fire will reign down on the safety in the coastlines". America will be no longer a power. Isreal will need a knew friend, the Anti-Christ, and the Revived Roman Empire. Only then will a peace treaty be made!

God Bless, but beware of dates!

My reply

If you study logic, you will find out that though 1000 are wrong, that does not make the next one wrong.

> I believe the Lord will return in 1998, because it is the year of Jubilee, and
> the season is here. Not because people are picking dates.

Of course, but the dates got picked for similar reasons.

> you need to warn people to always stay on the watch, and pray they don't fall
> back into sin, until the day we are taken away.

I have been doing my best to do just that. My main message is for the church to get ready and stay ready. We can't be far from the Rapture any way you cut it.

The war of Gog and Magog has to be on the Day of God's Wrath. The attack on Israel is what brings on God's wrath. See Ezek. 38:18f. His fury comes up in his face. he says, in the fire of my wrath have I spoken. The mountain burning with fire of Rev. 8:8 hits the Mediterranean Sea and causes a great shaking, "so that the fishes of the sea...and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake." This is the second trumpet judgment of Rev. 8:8.

"Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast" (Zeph. 2:4,5).

The peace treaty is confirmed/signed on the Feast of Weeks that starts off the Seventieth Week of Daniel 2300 days before the war of Gog and Magog on the Feast of Trumpets. The only time, within the last 40 years of probation since the Sign of the End of the Age, the Six-Day War of 1967), appeared, that the number of days including this Feast of Weeks and Feast of Trumpets equals the 2300 of Dan. 8:14 is from 2001 to 2007.

Jesus said, "take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things."

"the wise shall understand" (Dan. 12:10).

His reply

Thank you for your reply. You wrote many interesting things, that I could certainly study about. God Bless your ministry.

My reply

The reason the Antichrist is not mentioned in Ezek. 38 and 39 is because the day Gog attacks Israel is the day the final Antichrist, the False Prophet, is deposed from office. It is not the day dominion is taken from Satan, however, that is a bit over seven months future, at the end of the full 2520 days.

The False Prophet is the idol shepherd that leaveth his flock and goes to Babylon. Zech. 11:17 shows what will happen to him on the Feast of Trumpets that begins the Millennium: "Woe (that fits Rev. 8:13) to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword (the asteroid is called the flaming sword and the Sword of the Lord) shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened." Zech. 12:1-3 continues talking about that day, "THE burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD...Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though ALL the people of the earth be gathered together against it." Chances are good that the many people with Gog will be of all nations, the united nations.

It is the day that the Sign of the Son of Man (Mt. 24:30) will be seen. Ezek. 38:23 says, I will be known in the EYES OF MANY NATIONS, and they shall know that I am the LORD."

Joel 2:1,2 also speaks of that day, the Feast of Trumpets: "BLOW ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm (because they are being attacked) in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD (the Millennium) cometh, for it is nigh at hand: A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: A GREAT PEOPLE AND A STRONG: THERE HATH NOT BEEN EVER THE LIKE, NEITHER SHALL BE ANY MORE AFTER IT, even to the years of many generations." Verse 10 says, "The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining."

Ezek. 39:1-8 shows what happens to the army that comes from the north: "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog...And I (not men, but God) will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee...Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee..Behold it (the "great mountain burning with fire," Rev. 8:8) is come, and it (the "great star [aster] from heaven, burning as it were a lamp," Rev. 8:10, that impacts Earth) is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is THE DAY ("that day," the day of Jacob's trouble, the start of the millennial Day of the Lord) whereof I have spoken."

Verses 12 and 13 go on, "And seven months (from Tishri 1 to Nisan 1 in a leap year) shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land. Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them: and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD." The Day he will be glorified is when Christ returns in glory on Nisan 1, the beginning of the Sacred year and the Regnal year. Verse 22 says, "So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward." This is the day that the whole nation will be born in a day ...(Isa. 66:8).

Incoming Email

(Not the first of a series of emails)
> Marilyn Agee wrote:
> Take a look at Zechariah 3:9. In the KJV, it says, "For behold the stone
> that I have laid before JOSHUA: upon one stone shall be seven eyes."

> In the Septuagint, 3:10, it says, "For as for the stone (planet) which I
> have set before the face of JESUS, on the one stone are seven eyes
> (orbs, circles, rings)."

> Joshua is from the Hebrew. Jesus is from the Greek. "Yehoshua" seems ok
> to me. (Note: Peter Michas had used Yehoshua for Jesus.)

I won't argue about YOHOSHA being translated in the Septuagint as ISOUS. However YOHOSHA was the High Priest at the time. This was not a direct reference to Messiah. However, when referencing Messiah, the Hebrew command is quite clear "You shall call His name YESHUA." This is the name used in the ancient Hebrew manuscripts of Matthew. This is the name found on the 1st century Messianic tombs in Israel. (YESHUA HU ADONAI -- Yeshua He is L-rd). Why argue or attempt to change the command of Scripture?...

> > Since 1948 there have been 7 Sabbatical years that were
> > not observed. Nor will Yovel be observed. Will this be a cause
> > of the 7 years of Tribulation?

> Sounds reasonable. I had not thought of that. God does not miss a trick,
> does he?

Of course not. There is an interesting parallel reading of the 7 years of famine in Egypt as well. Read them as the tribulation. On the 3rd year the Egyptians (a shadow of the end-time secular masses of humanity) came and said they had spent all their money. Pharoah/antichrist gave them food in return for their means of transportation/horses. On the 4th year they were out of food again and Pharoah/antichrist got their cattle and oxen. On the 5th year he got their land and moved them into cities. (Shades of the Biodiversity treaty and the current attempts to create areas "devoid of human habitation"). On the 6th year the masses had nothing left and became slaves of Pharoah/antichrist.

Possibly a valid type and shadow. I don't hold to it strongly -- if I did then I might be convicted that I should set aside 7 years of food for my family. And that I don't have the means to do. (Plus it would be against the food hoarding law they past last year. Plus it would give me concern over the "take no thought for the morrow" command.)

> > I'm still working my way through the arguments between the two
> > different traditions of calculating Pentecost.

> Scripture says that the Pentecost after the Crucifixion was on the first
> day of the week. That is the one to go by.

That particular year, yes. But the 15th of the month doesn't always fall on the same day of the year. The Hebrew wording isn't precise as to exactly what Sabbath the counting is from. Yes, your tradition is that the 7th day is meaning the Saturday of Passover week. But others have the tradition that it is the 7th day of Passover being counted (which could be any day of the week). As I said, I am still working through that one.

My reply

> This was not a direct reference to Messiah.

Yes it is. Zech 3:8 says, "I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH."

> Why argue or attempt to change the command of Scripture?

I am just trying to answer your email. I have better sense than to attempt to change the command of Scripture....

> 7 years of famine in Egypt as well. Read them as the tribulation.

The correlation is valid. Rev. 6:5,6 shows that there is famine in the Tribulation. Remember how Joseph took up the grain in the seven years PRECEDING the tribulation. Thank God the Bridegroom will come take up his Bride (wheat) in the seven years PRECEDING the Tribulation.

I aim to be included in the wheat that is taken up before the Tribulation. I am not hoarding anything.

"For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the WHOLE EARTH. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man" (Luke 21:35,36).

Jesus promised, "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee FROM the your of temptation (trial), which shall come upon ALL THE WORLD, to try them that dwell upon the earth" (Rev. 3:10).

Incoming Email

I found your web site on January 1, 1998, and have been wanting to write you from the very first day. However, I decided to read everything on your site first (which led me to read your "Revelations 2000" book) and then email you with some questions, etc. I have to say that since reading your book and everything on your web site, I am astounded! So much of what you say makes sense! I was saved when I was 12 years old, but fell out of fellowship by the time I was 18. I am now 32 and am ashamed to say that I was a "foolish virgin" most of my life. You have changed my life, and thanks to Jesus, have helped to change my family. My husband was also saved at a young age, and like me, strayed. Because we never got back into the church, our children (ages 10 and 7) never really had a relationship with God....until now. I have found a wonderful baptist church home that we all love. I will be baptized this Sunday (since I was previously baptized in a Presbyterian church) and am eagerly looking forward to May 31, 1998 (May 30, our time).... There are also a couple of things I want to share with you. For an entire week I was so distraught with worry over the salvation of my children. I pleaded with the Lord to accept me back into the flock and prayed to go in the first rapture, but said that if it was too late for me to "make up" for all that lost time, to please take my children in the first rapture so they wouldn't have to go through the terrible times ahead and I wouldn't have to see them suffer. For a week I couldn't sleep or eat much and had a terrible non-stop chronic headache (I very rarely have headaches) --- the Holy Spirit sure was working on me. I guess God saw my distress because my youngest son woke up one morning and immediately came to me repeatedly asking if "that man in my dream was real." He said that he was sleeping and his best friend Matt knocked on his bedroom window and said it was time to go. He saw a man outside with other people and this man's face was "all white, like light" and that we were "caught." I asked him what did he mean --- was he running away or something. But he said no, he wasn't running --- but looked a little confused as to why he said that. I think he was maybe repeating something he heard ("caught up?"). The thing is, I know that he didn't hear it from me because it wasn't until later that I began to talk with my children about God and the Rapture. He also said that in the dream I made the statement, "Let's have a party" (celebrate) as we were going to the next house. This gave me great peace as I take this to mean it was God's way of telling me that my children will be OK....

A few days ago, I had a horrible dream of Satan himself. I was terrified. He was trying to entice me...but I refused and he became angry. I cannot recall specifics, only that I felt sheer terror and yelled "In the name of Jesus Christ, get behind me Satan!" (This is what I remember my grandpa telling me to say if I was ever tempted by Satan). Then I heard him hiss right in my right ear. The next thing I remember, was waking up screaming and telling my husband -- who then screamed that my back was burned and covered in blisters and some kind of venomous spewed slime. I jumped up to get in the shower and was shaking all over. Then I REALLY woke up and realized ALL of it was a dream. What do you make of this? I think when I told Satan to "get behind me" he flamed me or something. It was quite scary.

Also, when I read about your encounter with a demon, it gave me chills. You see, I had this very same thing happen to me. Almost ten years ago to this date while sleeping on our waterbed I suddenly woke up with what felt like someone heavy on me pushing my head down in the bed --- I could even feel the sloshing of the waterbed under me and my head hitting the headboard as they kept pushing on my head. Everything was so real....I couldn't breath. I tried to move my arms and scream to get my husband who was sleeping beside me to help, but found that I couldn't --- I was numb and paralyzed and I remember hearing a kind of "buzzing" sound. All of a sudden, it was like it was all a dream and I just woke up. The thing is, everything in the room was EXACTLY the same... down to every last detail....I could never really explain it until I read that the same thing happened to you.

I also have some questions:
1. Where are all the dead now if they will be resurrected at the Raptures?
2. I read about the Red Heifer being born last year. As I understand it, it has to be three years old before it can be sacrificed. Don't you think it's significant? (Shouldn't we be out of here by then?)
3. What do you make of the DNA engineering and cloning? I couldn't believe it when I saw a "Christians for the Cloning of Jesus" web site! (proposal to take DNA specimen from Shroud) I think it's man trying to play God, and surely must be blasphemy in the sight of the Lord. I also point out that a DNA strand looks like "Jacob's Ladder" and that there is a "homeobox" of 184 bases in human DNA that is common for all things including plants (doesn't this support Adam being made of the earth?) Also, when DNA is developed in the process on X-ray film, it looks like a bar code....I would be willing to bet there is coding within our own bodies just as there is coding within the Bible. Who knows, maybe the "life code" somehow meshes with the "Bible code."
4. What do you think about the Year 2000 problem with computers... I saw where somebody thinks that this problem is a catastrophe in the making and that the "Mark of the Beast" is the miracle cure that the Beast or Satan will bring in to "save the day" and cause many people to accept the Mark. Sound plausible doesn't it?
5. Do you think we will just leave out bodies as we are taken in the first Rapture? I mean, will there be bodies for those left behind to bury? (Didn't Elisha have to carry the "mantle" of Elijah after seeing him caught up?)
6. Do you celebrate Christmas? Easter? I want to be right with God, so if I need to be honest with my kids about "Santa" and the "Easter bunny" I will.
7. Could you suggest a special prayer to say that night (5/30)?

Also, I want to share with you something I heard that made an impression on me with regard to the "no one knows" argument: As a parent, I (and probably every parent out there) would do everything I could to help my child get on the right path. Even though the child makes his own ultimate decisions, if there was ANYTHING I could do ..... including giving him some forsight on things that would occur, I would try to let him know. Don't you agree that it is the same with our Lord? He's not out to trip us up! God is love and it just makes sense that he would try to help us in any way He could. Even if it means (as in my case) letting us know ahead of time in hopes that we will repent and come to him. I firmly believe this ---- I can count on one hand the number of times I had been to church in the past 15 or so years --- yet in the span of three weeks I have completely turned over a new leaf. I am excited about his coming and pray everyday for it! In the days of Noah the people around him scoffed at him for being prepared ---- I believe that will be the case in our lifetime. Ponder this: Noah or Noe = "know" ---- or better yet: Noah Lot = "know a lot". Now why wouldn't He let us know?

My reply

I appreciate your sharing this with me....

Re: small children being taken in the Rapture without their parents, I doubt that that would happen. Since God established the family unit, I think he will keep it together as much as possible. If the parents are going in the Rapture, I think the small children will go with them.

As for dreams, it is hard to know what they mean. I saw my husband's grandmother in heaven, and I do know that she is there. Whether the cooking in a kitchen with children all around her is real or not, I am anxious to find out. In another dream, a boy who accepted Christ because of me and then was killed in Viet Nam ran to my husband and I and hugged me as we walked up to the doorway of a giant building in Heaven. In a second dream, I saw him inside as we ate at long picnic tables. It seems plausible, but I'll have to wait to see if the details are real.

> 1. Where are all the dead now if they will be resurrected at the Raptures?

They are in celestial bodies (I Cor. 15:40) in Heaven. They will come back with Christ at the Rapture and get their resurrection bodies just ahead of us. See I Thess. 4:13-18.

> 2. Re: Red Heifer...(Shouldn't we be out of here by then?)

Yes. That has to do with the temple in Jerusalem. Sacrificing will start at the beginning of the Tribulation. (I heard that they found some white hairs on the tail.)

> 3. What do you make of the DNA engineering and cloning?

It may be a sign that the false Christ is about to appear. For myself, I wish they would leave it alone, all of it.

> 4. What do you think about the Year 2000 problem with computers...Sound plausible doesn't it?

I was in the gym the other day and one lady was telling another that she thought they had figured out how to handle this problem on their equipment. Part B, yes, but "plausible" is not necessarily right.

> 5. Do you think we will just leave out bodies as we are taken in the
> first Rapture? I mean, will there be bodies for those left behind to
> bury? (Didn't Elisha have to carry the "mantle" of Elijah after seeing
> him caught up?)

Elijah was taken up in a chariot of fire. No body was left behind. His mantle was an article of clothing. In Rev. 11, Moses and Elijah come back to life and are caught up to Heaven. Their bodies are seen going up.

> 6. Do you celebrate Christmas? Easter?

These last years, yes, but half-heartedly and reluctantly, gifts only for kids, gather at my daughter's for visit with family and dinner at Christmas. We prepare some of the food to take some of the burden off of her. (I didn't celebrate Christmas at all this year because I had pneumonia, but my husband went. The only decoration in the house was something my granddaughter made for me at school.) I always remember that the real birthday of Jesus is Tishri 1, the Jewish New Year/Feast of Trumpets. One year, we threw our biggest party ever to celebrate my granddaughter's and Jesus' birthday on Sept. 8. That I could put my heart into. I keep track of when the Feast of Trumpets and Feast of Firstfruits are and mention the true significance to my family on those days. Jesus was probably conceived on Hanakkuh, which is near Dec. 25, but Dec. 25 was the pagan Tammuz' birthday, not the best day to celebrate, but the thoughts of what it is supposed to commemorate are always in my mind, and we keep explaining to the kids.

> 7. Could you suggest a special prayer to say that night (5/30)?

Luke 21:36 says, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Make sure all sins are confessed and you are filled with the Holy Spirit. Just say what is in your heart. God likes honest humble words that are really meant better than pre-prepared prayers.

> in the span of three weeks I have completely turned over a new leaf.

Praise the Lord. Changing our minds and repenting is what He wants.

> Now why wouldn't He let us know?

I think he has. The Rapture is as the days of Noah, and Noah knew when to go into the Ark.

   Pro and Con 55   Or Return  Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@kiwi.net

send me e-mail now.

8641 Sugar Gum Road, Riverside, CA, 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110, FAX (909) 697-8960


© 1997 Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 1-25-98