Pro and Con 889

Posted 4-7-02

Incoming e-mail

Subject: Check out P & C 652
Marilyn, I think you were correct in when you think the Rapture will be. I believe the Lord did come in the 3rd yr. but according to Luke 13:6- I believe Jesus will come this Pentecost (2002). What are your thoughts on this? Needing Jesus!

My reply

Pentecost still seems the most likely to me. I feel like it will be on a feast day. Heb. 12:23's "the general assembly" (in Heaven), panegurei, can be THE FESTAL ASSEMBLY (Thayer, NAB, Berkeley, RSV, Phillips, JB, Weymouth). The NT Greek Lexicon has paneguris, a festal gathering of the whole people to celebrate solemnities, a public festal assembly.

Another reason is that the Pre-Trib Rapture is at the first trump. Nu. 10:4 says,"if they blow but with ONE TRUMPET, then the princes (i.e., 24 elders, 12 patriarchs and 12 apostles), which are heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves unto thee." If the 12 apostles are gathered, the rest of the Bride of Christ is gathered. John is one of the 12 apostles, and he goes up in Rev. 4:1. No trumpet was sounded on Ascension Day, but A TRUMPET WAS SOUNDED ON PENTECOST.

I like Isa. 18:3-7 in the Stone Edition of the Tanach (Old Testament). It says, "All you inhabitants of the world and dwellers of the earth -- you will see when the banner (UN flag) is hoisted up upon the mountains (kingdoms), and WHEN THE SHOFAR SOUNDS (i.e., the first trump) you will hear! For thus said HASHEM (YHVH) to me: 'I will be at ease (rest) and I will look after MY PLACE (as in John 14:2) of Foundation (i.e., New Jerusalem); like crisp warmth AFTER THE RAIN, like a mist of dew in the HEAT OF THE HARVEST.' For BEFORE THE HARVEST (vintage is in Elul and Tishri), WHEN THE FLOWER IS FINISHED AND THE BUD TURNS TO GRAPES approaching ripeness, He (Christ) will cut down the young branches with pruning hooks and He will remove and chop off all the twigs (non producers). They (the removed twigs) will BE LEFT together for the bird of prey of the mountains and for THE BEAST (Rev. 13:2-10) of the earth; and the bird of prey will [feast in the] summer on them (therefore they are removed in the spring), and every beast of the earth will [feast in the] winter on them. At that time an offering WILL BE BROUGHT TO HASHEM (YHVH), Master of Legions (Christ, Isa. 44:6)...to the place [wherein rests] the Name of HASHEM (YHVH) Master of Legions -- MOUNT ZION" (the heavenly one).

Re: MY PLACE, John 14:2-4 (KJV) says, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare A PLACE for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know (we know of Heaven, Saturn), and the way ye know."

As for 2002 being the year, 1998 was the 480th year from when Jerusalem was taken by the Turks in the Jewish 5278 (our 1517 AD). Also, in the earlier 480th year, the son of David (Solomon, type of Christ, the Son of David) began to raise up the temple. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, I thought the Rapture would be in 1998. However, it may have been the start of Israel's grace period instead.

The parable of the barren fig tree in Luke 13:6-9 says, "A certain man (Christ) had a fig tree (Israel (Joel 1:6,7) planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years (1999, 2000, 2001) I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year (2002) also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down" (i.e., in the Tribulation). (1998 + 4 = 2002)

I hope the Rapture will be this Pentecost (Sivan 6 and 7; May 17 and 18). We will know soon. Agape
---
(Nice to know)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1736000/1736080.stm
1-1-02 "The Earth's atmosphere protects against objects smaller than about 50 metres (160 feet) in diameter.
---
THE LATTER RAINS ARE COMING!!!
...the good news. After almost two months of dryness in the middle of the winter, the LORD is sending the latter rains! It has been raining, hard, almost every day for almost a week now, since the beginning of Passover....

Incoming e-mail

FWD: brothersal@chn-net.com
Re: CHN - WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY DEFINED

4-3-02 I have been getting a lot of questions about what the "window of opportunity" that I speak of for the Rapture to occur each year. Here is the formula:

The Spring Feasts occur in the Spring, and Spring ends on the 20th of June each year. The feast of First Fruits lasts 50 days and ends on Pentecost. First Fruits is always on a Sunday, as it was celebrated in the time of Jesus. Therefore to figure the “window of opportunity”, you must go back 50 days from June 20, and then mark on the calendar every Sunday in Spring. Those are the only days in which the dead in Christ can rise.

This year, the Jews celebrated the Passover on Wednesday/ Thursday, the 27th and 28th of March.

The first day of the week, Sunday after the first Sabbath, Saturday was Sunday the 31st of March. So, the possibilities for the remainder of this Spring are: Sunday April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th. 40 days from each of those dates are possible dates for the Rapture.

March 31 + 40 = May 9
April 7 +40 = May 16
April 14 + 40 = May 23
April 28 + 40 = May 30
After that, the “window “ is closed for the year.

Now, save this note, because the end of Spring is always on the same day, the 20th of June. That’s because the first day of Summer is always June 21st in the northern hemisphere, and Jerusalem is in the northern hemisphere.

I am still looking forward to this being the year. The againstness is just about to turn to peace. If you don’t look at it with spiritual eyes, you won’t see it, so put on those "Daniel glasses" and keep a sharp eye out....
God bless.Humbly, Your brother in Christ, Brother Sal

Incoming e-mail

Regarding the recent exchanges over the topics of RC charismatics and evangelical RCs, the attached article provides some light as to what is going on in the RCC. It is written by a former nun.
---
I am a former Catholic nun. I've written a paper entitled "New Age Catholicism". I've attached a copy because it isn't on my web site yet.

There are nuns who practice witchcraft and worship "the goddess". There are Catholic priests who teach Hindu meditation, the use of spirit guides, chanelling, and other New Age things. There are even some nuns who promote lesbianism.

Because this is shocking, I've included a LOT of documentation, much of which is available on-line.

Please get this information to anybody who might be interested in it.

Your sister in Christ, Mary Ann. http://www.CatholicConcerns.com

Incoming e-mail

All I can say is WOW!!! My motherinlaw has been telling me about this guy for some time now. looks like its all panning out. just another piece to the prophetic puzzle :) The issue here however is "not" that this man is black, but rather what his belief in Jesus Christ is..and he sure does not believe in Jesus according to what Im reading here. But what awsome times we are living in. Read on.
---
Cardinal Francis Arinze, who's considered a possible successor to Pope John Paul II, has denied Jesus is the only way to heaven. In a recent interview the spirited 66 year-old deputy for outreach to other religions was asked, "So was Jesus wrong when he said he was the way, the truth and the life?" Arinze responed, "If a person were to push what you said a little further and say that if you're not a Christian you're not going to heaven, we'd regard that person as a fundamentalist...and theologically wrong. I met in Pakistan a Muslim. He had a wonderful concept of the Koran. We were like two twins that had known one another from birth. And I was in admiration of this man's wisdom. I think that man will go to heaven. There was a Buddhist in Kyoto, in Japan. This man, a good man, open, listening, humble--I was amazed. I listened to his works of wisdom and said to myself, "The grace of God is working in this man." The interviewer then repeated the question, "So you can still get to heaven without accepting Jesus?" "Expressly, yes [he laughs with the audience]" (Dallas Morning News, 3/20/99)

"Many believe that in Cardinal Arinze is the key to relations with both the Muslims and the Jews."
http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/archives/1999Oct/202oct22,vol.10,no.202txt/oct22top.htm

"Cultures and religions can collide. But they need not collide. Such a clash can be avoided. Indeed, humanity should go beyond avoiding a clash and promote harmony and collaboration."
Cardinal Francis Arinze
http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/PCIDASSI.HTM

Incoming e-mail

Re: aion
This is my eleventh year of retirement. I was a high school and college foreign language teacher mostly, with much time spent teaching English grammar. In the eighth grade I took "General Language" which included Latin, French, Spanish and German. I fell in love with Latin, but I could only take it for two years because there was no teacher that taught anything beyond that. For fun in high school I used to sit around conjugating verbs in these languages from present indicative to the pluperfect subjunctive.

I tell you this to show you that grammar and words mean a great deal to me.

It was while I was working on my master's in Spanish, that I found (or rather was found by) THE MASTER---THE WORD HIMSELF! (Gal 4:9: "But now, after that ye have known God, or rather ARE KNOWN OF GOD,..."

As an atheist, I was reading the Bible because I thought a major part of Spanish Catholic culture was based on the Bible.

It was certainly true in my case that "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." I went from no faith to "the faith of Christ" even before I finished the entire Bible! I could do nothing for three days except cry from sheer joy and happiness at what I had found--or rather, what had "found me."

Isaiah 65:1 was also so true of me: "...I am found of them that sought me not..." I WAS NOT EVEN "SEEKING" FOR GOD. I was "saved by grace, through faith." This faith was supplied by THE WORD, the Lord Jesus Himself, who happens to be THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.. I KNOW that I HAD NO FAITH OF MY OWN OR ON MY OWN! How can Jesus be the author and finisher of our faith if we believe that we are also the authors and finishers of our faith?

I was "born again, not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, by the Word of God which liveth and abideth forever."

I say all this to come to the point that it really bothered me to have a such a terrible contradiction in the Bible over one word, ---"aion," and words related to it, "aionios, aidios," etc. When Youngs came out in 1966 with that magnificent Concordance, it was as if the Bible had become "unsealed." (I was saved in 1968) God was no longer a monster who tortured eternally those He chose not to save by grace. Isn't the very definition of "grace" that you can do nothing to save yourself? If you believe in or on Christ, If you call upon His name, If you have faith, If you believe in Christ, If you are "quickened by the Lord Jesus," If you have "ears to hear the faith that cometh by hearing," the Bible answers every one of these by saying you have free will to do so but that no man could do it, "with man it is impossible." So, if you DO believe unto salvation, If you DO choose Christ, it was BECAUSE HE CHOSE YOU. There was nothing in you that attracted God or His Holy Spirit to you outside of Himself! He is "no respecter of persons." He did not choose you because He forsaw you choosing Christ. If you think He did, then you are deny the true Christ of the Bible who said, :You did NOT choose me, but I chose you." If you would rather follow "another Jesus whom we have not preached," and believe in "another gospel which we have not preached," then how can you be saved? You'd be like those "disciples" in John 6:64-66. The Bible says, "Come unto me, and I will..." etc etc. The Bible says this and it commands us to repent and call upon the name of the Lord, etc. etc. To our human view point, it looks as if we have Free Will, to "come, believe, have faith, call on Him, hear the Word, accept the free gift, receive the free gift," etc. The Bible on all of these things wants us to know AFTER WE HAVE COME TO CHRIST, CALLED ON HIS NAME, BELIEVED, HEARD, ACCEPTED, RECEIVED," ETC., etc, that what we just did was "impossible with men, and only possible with God!"

Mat 19:25, "When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

The true Jesus of the BIBLE said, (in the next verse) "...With men this is IMPOSSIBLE, but with God all things are possible."

So if you think you overcame the impossible with your "free will" and you are therefore more worthy than another person of everlasting life, you have "another Jesus, another gospel, and you are not saved, but under the curse of Galatians 1:6-9.

I have got to say that it was pretty cold of you to smugly say that all your relatives are saved, when I implied mine aren't! It's like, "Nya,nya, nya, nya, NYA, nya!" when you obviously think mine are going to roast in endless torment. We become like the God we worship. Without Universal Salvation, grace is really evil and heartless. Allah is no worse. He saves by whim also. Thank God, I KNOW that "will not lose one," etc., etc., etc.

Not one of Young's translations for "aion" means "eternal," "everlasting," or "for ever." or "ever." (check it out again, please) He is merely stating that "aion" is translated this way in the King James Version!

In the Greek and HEBREW Lexicon in the back of his Concordance are the words "aion." -- "olam" (Hebrew Lexicon) in the Old Testament. Young's shows that only one of these translations comes close to the true meaning of the Bible and translates olam as "BEGINNING of the world."

Think about that. How can "eternity" have a beginning or an ending? Does that not tell you that there is a problem in the translation? And how can there be MANY "eternities?" How can each of these "eternities" have an end and still be translated "eternal?"

The problem is with the "interpretation." The "tradition of men" is forcing translators to translate God's unchangeable Word into their own bias. That is a terrible contradiction. And it causes people to be schizophrenic, "to withdraw from reality." It causes them to have, I believe, a faulty, schizophrenic view of salvation itsef!!

Let God's word be translated correctly, please! The KJV is the best translation around, in my opinion. But it is still just a translation! (As Bibles in Spanish, French, and other languages are!) The original Greek says, "aion," and "aionios," and "aidios." Youngs never translates these other than having a beginning and an ending. And never should they be translated "eternity." Your Strong's, Vines, Greek Thayers "lexicons" are all wrong--unless you can explain to me how something that has a beginning and an end can be eternal--and keep a straight face! Also explain how you can have many "eternities" Does not "ages" make more sense as a true translation for these periods of time? These are obviously "ages!" Not "eternities."

Let God be true and EVERY MAN a LIAR!" (Romans 3:4)

His Word is forever settled in heaven. But we have been stuck with a really bad translation of one of the most important words in the Bible. More and more people are beginning to realize this, as the "sealing up" and the "words sealed up" spoken of by Daniel 12:4 are becoming "unsealed." I suppose God had His reasons for sealing up the Bible like this until 1966 also. As you say, maybe it was some kind of test..

Young is merely showing you how almost every translation in the whole world (except in the original Greek autographs--and his own LITERAL TRANSLATION and ROTHERHAM'S EMPHASIZED BIBLE)--even in my beloved King James Version--- has translated "aion" as "eternal," "for ever," "everlasting," etc. Therefore, they are man's INTERPRETATION, not translation!

How important is this to all major Bible doctrines?
Two Bibles that have accurate translations of these words in the Bible are ROBERT YOUNGS LITERAL TRANSLATION and ROTHERHAM'S EMPHASIZED BIBLE which you can order from any Christian Book Store. Do you have these?

On the net you can see articles on additional information about the :eon" and the "eons" on the "Saviour of All Fellowship website, etc. Agape

My reply

> > true in my case that "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." I went from no faith to "the faith of Christ" even before I finished the entire Bible!

You forget that you did something. You read (verbs do something) God's word, and you believed (verb) what it said. That is why the Lord gave us the Bible, to bring us into a right relationship with God and to a saving acceptance of Christ.

The first definition of the word "grace" in Webster's says, "unmerited divine assistance given man for his regeneration or sanctification." It is ASSISTANCE, NOT COERCION, which means "to restrain or dominate by nullifying individual will." The Lord didn't MAKE you believe, he just helped you understand his word so you would have a good chance to accept (verb) Jesus as your Saviour. You could have decided not to accept him. You had free will to go either way. You found Christ because you read his written word.

> > I could do nothing for three days except cry from sheer joy and happiness at what I had found--or rather, what had "found me."

That phenomenon was because Christ baptized you with the Spirit of Christ, which is the Spirit of God. Rom 8:9 says, "ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." 1Pe 1:11 says, "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

> > I WAS NOT EVEN "SEEKING" FOR GOD. I was "saved by grace, through faith."

Yes. You were saved because you had divine assistance to understand what you were reading, so that you had a chance to respond with faith in Christ as your Saviour and be saved.

> > How can Jesus be the author and finisher of our faith if we believe that we are also the authors and finishers of our faith?

It isn't separated like that. Jesus lives in us and of course helps us all along the way.

> > Isn't the very definition of "grace" that you can do nothing to save yourself?

No. Grace is "unmerited divine assistance given man for his regeneration or sanctification." You can do lots of things to help you come to the point of accepting Christ as your Saviour. You can go to church to find out what it is all about. You can and did read God's messages to mankind. You can talk to Christian friends to see why they are Christians. If we seek Him, we will find Him.

> > If you have "ears to hear the faith that cometh by hearing," the Bible answers every one of these by saying you have free will to do so but that no man could do it, "with man it is impossible." So, if you DO believe unto salvation, If you DO choose Christ, it was BECAUSE HE CHOSE YOU. > > He did not choose you because He forsaw you choosing Christ. If you think He did, then you are deny the true Christ of the Bible who said, :You did NOT choose me, but I chose you."

In John 15:16, Jesus was talking to his disciples before the Crucifixion. Verse 8 says, "so shall ye be my DISCIPLES." In v. 16 he said, "ye have not chosen me, but I have CHOSEN YOU, AND ORDAINED YOU, that ye should go and bring forth fruit." V. 18 says, "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." V. 27 says, "And ye also shall bear witness, BECAUSE YE HAVE BEEN WITH ME FROM THE BEGINNING." Jesus chose the 12 apostles at the beginning of his ministry.

Rom 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." If you hear the gospel, you still have to make a choice, to believe it or not believe it. Christ is God. He is omniscient. He knows ahead of time who will accept him and who won't. That doesn't mean that we are coerced."

> > I have got to say that it was pretty cold of you to smugly say that all your relatives are saved, when I implied mine aren't! It's like, "Nya,nya, nya, nya, NYA, nya!" when you obviously think mine are going to roast in endless torment. We become like the God we worship. Without Universal Salvation, grace is really evil and heartless. Allah is no worse. He saves by whim also. Thank God, I KNOW that "will not lose one," etc., etc., etc.

I just stated the fact that all the members of my father's household are saved. I didn't have any idea of mocking, which would be a sin. God goes by the intent. Man was put on this Earth to be tested, would he or wouldn't he obey God. Man was given free will to choose to obey or not obey. Adam was told not to eat of the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Gen. 2:17). He CHOSE to eat of it. Did God choose for Adam, or did Adam make up his own mind? Adam made up his own mind, just as we must do.

God created the angels. Did they have free will? If not, why does Jude 6 say, "the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting (aidios, eternal, everlasting) chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." They decided to leave their own habitation. That's free will. One third of the angels decided to leave their own habitation. Two thirds decided not to leave their own habitation. Didn't God judge and sentence the wicked angels to their prison? Won't he do the same for mankind. Mat 25:41 says, "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting (aionios, perpetual) fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." Are the Devil and his angels going to be in perpetual fire? Do you think the Devil will be let loose again? I don't. Neither will those incarcerated with him.

Jude 7 says, "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal (aionios, perpetual) fire."

God is eternal, with no beginning and no ending. Compare these verses that refer to God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the lost.
I Tim. 1:17: "Now unto the King eternal (aion, age or perpetuity), immortal, invisible, the only wise GOD, be honour and glory for ever (aion, age or perpetuity) and ever (aion, age or perpetuity)."
Rom: 1:20: "the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal (aidios, eternal, everlasting) power and GODHEAD; so that they are without excuse."
Rom:16:26: "But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting (aionios, perpetual) GOD, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith."
Rev. 1:18: "I (CHRIST) am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore (aion aion), Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
Heb. 9:14: "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal (aionios, perpetual) SPIRIT offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
Mt. 25:56: "these shall go away into everlasting (aionios, perpetual) punishment: but the righteous into life eternal (aionios, perpetual)."

>> The problem is with the "interpretation." The "tradition of men" is forcing translators to translate God's unchangeable Word into their own bias.

You just hang on to that. I don't believe it. Translators are aware that they are dealing with God's word. Most try very hard to bring out the right sense in another language. It isn't easy.

> > Your Strong's, Vines, Greek Thayers "lexicons" are all wrong--unless you can explain to me how something that has a beginning and an end can be eternal

Aion can mean age. It can also mean other things. 165 aion, from the same as 104; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity (also past); by implication, the world; specially (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future):--age, course, eternal, (for) ever(-more), (n-)ever, (beginning of the , while the) world (began, without end).The sense is to be determined by the context. There are other words with many meanings, the correct one to be determined by the context. What will you do with them?

> > are ROBERT YOUNGS LITERAL TRANSLATION and ROTHERHAM'S EMPHASIZED BIBLE which you can order from any Christian Book Store. Do you have these?

I have both. Agape

Incoming e-mail

If all men are going to be saved, why did Christ have to die. by Jan Antonsson
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/janilen/christ/christ.html

...we had a letter from a man, whom I'll call Tomas (not his real name) which bears sharing with others because of the content and the answers the Lord gave me for him, for me, and perhaps for others as well.

I think the best thing to do here is to include the questions Tomas poses, and my answers to him. For sure, he's not the only one who has thought these things. He wrote,

"I took a look at your essay 'Saved By His Life,' (Link at end) and was interested in the question you pose at the beginning, 'Why did Christ have to die if all are saved anyway?' Without wishing to seem harsh, you spend an enormous amount of time NOT addressing that issue. After having read the essay several times, I still don't see how you answer that question. Surely that question can be answered in 25 words or less. You are evading a direct answer by piling on concept after concept....

"You state that the significance of Christ's death lies in the different layers of understanding a Bible reader brings to the table. That does not answer the question, it simply pre-empts the reader's understanding in simple and direct terms. If you cannot answer in one simple paragraph, then I doubt that you know the answer to your own question. You really do not know 'why Christ had to die if everyone is saved.' You are beating around the bush and fooling people....
---
"Why did Christ have to die?" in one paragraph, here it is:

The reason Christ had to die was because God is "not willing for ANY to perish, but that all shall come to repentance." (II Pet. 3:9). Thus we know that it is His expressed will, that all be saved. Since Paul said that He works "ALL THINGS after the counsel of His own will," (Eph. 1:11) I think it's safe to say that He knows how to get His will accomplished, and consequently, all will be saved! To say otherwise is to suggest that God isn't powerful enough to cause His will to be done. And by the way, if you're looking for a scripture that promises salvation for everyone, how about Romans 11:26, for starters, where Paul writes, "And so all Israel shall be saved." Even Lot's wife? (Gen. 19:26). Even Nadab and Abihu? (Num. 3:4). Even Hophni and Phinehas? (I Sam. 2:22-25; 4:17). And what about Judas? (Matt. 27:3-8). Nevertheless, it was God, Paul said, who subjected the creation to vanity, (Rom. 8:20) and in fact, he goes farther than that, and says, "For God has consigned ALL MEN to disobedience, that He may HAVE MERCY UPON ALL!" (Romans 11:32). Since God subjected the creation and everything in it to vanity and bondage, He is the only one who can deliver us from that, which is why John the Beloved wrote, "For God so loved THE WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God sent the son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (Jn. 3:16-17). Jesus said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL MEN unto me." (Jn. 12:32). Was Jesus lying here? Fantasizing?
Optimistically hoping? Or telling the truth? He said of himself that He was the truth, the way and the life, (Jn. 14:6) and the Apostle John said of him, "That (Jesus) was the true Light, which lighteth EVERY MAN that cometh into the world." (Jn. 1:9). This is why Jesus had to die, my friend. His blood paid the price for our release from sin. (Rom. 3:23-25; 5:10; Heb. 9:22; 10:4; I Jn. 2:2). On the cross, He said, "It is finished." (Jn. 19:30). That tells us that He accomplished what He set out to do. And while His sacrificial death bought our freedom from sin, it did much more than that. Paul puts the whole thing in capsule form in Romans 5:10: "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Man could not save himself from the dreadful bondage he found himself in, (Eph. 2:1: 12-19; Col. 2:13-14) and thus, God, who had subjected him to this in order to show His eternal glory to man, sent His only begotten Son to die for us. That's why Jesus had to die....

   Pro and Con 890   Or Return   Home


Contact me for more information at: mjagee@pe.net


Send me e-mail now


8641 Sugar Gum Rd, Riverside, CA 92508, USA; (909) 653-4110


© 1996-2002, Marilyn J. Agee
Updated 4-7-02